Associate Private Partnerships Officer
- Organization: UNRWA - United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestinian Refugees
- Location: Amman
- Grade: Consultancy - Consultant - Contractors Agreement
- External Relations, Partnerships and Resource mobilization
- Closing Date: 2023-06-09
5.5 months (17 July 2023- 31 December 2023)Duties and Responsibilities
Under the guidance of the Chief, Private Sector Partnerships, the Consultant will be performing the following tasks ensuring the achievement of the related deliverables:
• Under the guidance of the Chief of PPD, develop capacity building for private fundraising activities, including the revision of relevant policies and procedures.
• Under the supervision of the Chief of PPD, implement a constant flow of information and content sharing with all the relevant internal stakeholders including the existing National Committees.
• Support the Chief of PPD in conducting market analysis on a new National Committee based in Germany to identify potential in terms of private fundraising.
• Support the Chief of PPD and the HVDs Loyalty Officer in managing the relationship with the Spanish National Committee.
• Map European foundations/private entities and support the New Business High Value Donors Officer in managing the most relevant files of the area.
• Liaise with the Communications division in the production and dissemination of content for fundraising. Create internal and external partnership material, including reports, newsletters, donor visibility social media posts, etc.
• Produce fact sheets on UNRWA programs and projects specifically targeting the European market.
• Identify synergies and enhance coordination between PPD and ROEU to acquire and cultivate private partnerships in Europe.
• Support the PPD in organizing meetings with potential private partners in European countries to coincide with official missions to Europe.
• Other duties as assigned.
• A university degree in Business Management, Communication, Marketing, International Affairs, Social Sciences, or another relevant field is required.
• A minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience in private sector fundraising, partnerships and/or communication is required, including a minimum of two continuous years of relevant international experience outside UNRWA, and outside the country(s) of which the candidate is a national or holds citizenship, a passport or a national identity number.
• Demonstrated service mindset in responding to requests and interacting with internal and external stakeholders, with an ability to collaborate internally with relevant colleagues.
• Practiced communicator with demonstrated ability to condense information and capture and communicate it in a well-structured way.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Good capacity to analyze data, processes, and policies.
• Attention to details and problem-solving skills.
• Track record of working independently and meeting tight deadlines.
• Previous experience working with European stakeholders is a strong advantage.
• Previous experience in UN policy analysis and development is an advantage.
• strong analytical and problem-solving skills,
• Ability to work efficiently in a team Accuracy and attention to detail.
• Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
• Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of other European languages is desirable.
Conditions of Service:
• The duration of the consultancy is till 31 December 2023
• Expected start date of 17 July 2023
• This consultancy is equivalent to P2 level- daily rate is $228/day.
• The consultant will be based remotely.
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.