Human Resources Associate
The HR Associate may supervise and lead clerical and support staff in the HR Unit. The HR Associate works in close collaboration with the Programme, Operations, and project teams in the CO, UNDP HQ OHR Business Partners, and staff in GSSC and other UN Agencies to exchange information and resolve complex HR-related issues.
UNDP adopts a portfolio approach to accommodate changing business needs and leverage linkages across interventions to achieve its strategic goals. Therefore, UNDP personnel are expected to work across units, functions, teams, and projects in multidisciplinary teams in order to enhance and enable horizontal collaboration.
- Ensure full compliance of records and reports with UN rules, regulations, and UNDP policies, procedures, and strategies; effective implementation of the internal controls; and proper functioning of the HR management system and practices.
- In consultation with the direct supervisor and office management, support CO HR business processes mapping, and provide input to content elaboration and update of internal HR Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) where needed in CO to supplement SOPs issued by GSSC/OHR. Adapt processes and procedures where necessary to meet the needs of CO.
- Provide information to management and personnel on the implementation of HR policies, corporate strategies, rules and regulations, HR business processes, and proper use of contractual modalities.
- Collect information and support to UNDP’s participation in inter-agency exercises and surveys, such as comprehensive and interim local salary survey, hardship, and place-to-place surveys, in coordination with the direct supervisor.
- Collect information on the risk management of Country Office HR activities to proactively manage and mitigate the risk.
- Implement recruitment processes in coordination with GSSC and locally with Hiring Managers that includes drafting job descriptions, providing input to job classification process, drafting vacancy announcements, screening candidates, participating in interview panels, providing support for the submission of compliance reviews as per the actions delegated to the CO. In coordination with Hiring Managers, submit requests and appropriate documentation to GSSC for non-delegated actions.
- Facilitate creation and update of positions in ERP (or create positions if delegated) and association and update of positions to chart fields, in coordination with budget owners.
- Follow up with Finance staff and GSSC on Global Payroll issues.
- Monitor and track all transactions related to positions, recruitment, benefits, earnings/deductions, retroactivities, recoveries, adjustments, and separations through ERP and other relevant corporate platforms.
- Process timely contract management actions, in close coordination with supervisors and senior management.
- Provide support to process benefits and entitlements delegated to the CO, as applicable and in coordination with the direct supervisor and management, such as medical evacuations, R&R, safety and security interventions.
- Maintain CO staffing table and local rosters where relevant.
- Validate cost-recovery charges in ERP for HR services provided by UNDP to other Agencies.
- Provide assistance to the contract management, payroll, and separations in coordination with GSSC in accordance with the delegation of authority given to the CO.
- Provide HR support and services to the UN system, including provision of information on personnel benefits and entitlements to UN agencies in line with UNDP policies and in coordination with GSSC as applicable.
- Provide administrative support to retirees as applicable.
- Provide background information and maintain related data acting as Secretary to formal CO management groups responsible for collectively reviewing and discussing CO staff performance, talent, and development needs.
- Provide assistance to Performance Management reporting and monitoring.
- Provide input to the CO-wide Learning plan’s preparation in consultation with the Senior Management, HR Analyst, and Talent Development Manager.
- Organize training for the Operations and projects staff on HR issues.
- Assist in the creation and implementation of a local onboarding plan, leveraging corporate resources.
- Synthesize lessons learned and best practices in HR.
- Make sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
Expected Demonstration of Competencies
|LEVEL 2: Scale up solutions and simplifies processes, balances speed and accuracy in doing work|
|LEVEL 2: Offer new ideas/open to new approaches, demonstrate systemic/integrated thinking|
LEVEL 2: Go outside comfort zone, learn from others and support their learning
Adapt with Agility
|LEVEL 2: Adapt processes/approaches to new situations, involve others in change process|
|Act with Determination||LEVEL 2: Able to persevere and deal with multiple sources of pressure simultaneously|
Engage and Partner
|LEVEL 2: Is facilitator/integrator, bring people together, build/maintain coalitions/partnerships|
Enable Diversity and Inclusion
|LEVEL 2: Facilitate conversations to bridge differences, considers in decision making|
-Functional & Technical competencies
|Business Development||Knowledge Facilitation||
|Business Management||Working with Evidence and Data||
|Business Management||Operations Management||
|HR||Assessment and Selection||
|HR||Managing Compensation and Benefits||
- Secondary education with specialized certification in HR is required.
- A university degree in Human Resource, Business Administration, Public Administration, or an equivalent field will be given due consideration, but it is not a requirement.
- Minimum of 6 years (with high school diploma) or 3 years (with bachelor’s degree) of progressively responsible HR and/or administrative experience at the national or international level is required.
- Experience in the use of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and advanced knowledge of web-based management systems such as ERP.
- Experience in recruitment, contracts administration and staffing needs.
- Experience in budget planning and monitoring in a human resources context, HR forecasting, will be an asset.
- Experience in the design and development of technical solutions related to HR processes is desirable.
- Experience in change management processes will be an asset.
- Experience in drafting and preparing Standard Operational Procedures (SOPs) for HR matters will be an asset.
- Prior experience with UNDP/UN agencies or other international organizations will be an asset.
- Applicants must hold Peruvian citizenship
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: