Supply Chain Officer
Who are we?
The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfillment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
DRC has been actively operating in Syria since 2008 mainly supporting refugees. In June 2012, DRC was authorized by the Syrian Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MoFA) to expand its humanitarian efforts and provide assistance to IDPs and the vulnerable resident population countrywide. Since then, DRC activities have been focused on NFI distributions, Shelter, WASH, Protection, Education, Livelihoods and Mine Risk Education in six Governorates (Damascus, Rural Damascus, Dara'a, Aleppo, Hama, and Homs). While Protection/community service activities are provided to beneficiaries throughout our six Community Centers.
About the job
- This role has an Area office focus to ensure full compliance with DRC procedures and guidelines within the Area office. The role follows the Area office SC strategies, which are translated into action plans and day-to-day tasks. The role provides support and technical guidance to programs and departments in the Area office.
- This role is responsible for all supply chain/logistics that includes procurement of goods and services, warehousing, transportation of goods and people, fleet and asset/GPE management, and general logistics support to the programs
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensuring all the SC/Logistics processes are in line with DRC Operations Handbook. (P2P, Assets/GPEs, stocks, Fleet, Generators) etc.
- Effective and efficient support to programs’ needs.
- Establish and maintain good contacts with suppliers, government offices, and other NGOs with regard to SC matters.
- Ensuring that an effective and efficient transport system is in place to support the programs.
- Ensuring that all generators in the Area office are well managed, monitored, and serviced on time.
- Ensuring that all stocks in the Area office are accounted for and well managed.
- Ensure proper filing system of all SC documents.
- To manage all procurement activities at the Area office (P2P) goods, services, and work within the approved threshold.
- Implement the procurement plans.
- To run the procurement process for the Area office requests and ensure it is compliant with DRC and donors’ regulations.
- Ensure that there is a tracker to capture all requests (RFQ, LVP, Cash, Payments, etc.) and share with the relevant managers and TLs on a weekly basis.
- Participate in the BFUs meetings and provide updates to the budget holders in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensure that accurate filing systems, with documented and supported records of supply chain activities are kept in the folders and uploaded on the SC share points for control or audit purposes.
- Timely process the payments for all completed goods, services, and work and send to Finance for payment.
- Ensure that the logistics system in the Area is robust and flexible enough to cope with the support in case of an increase in the program activities.
- To perform market surveys on a regular basis to analyze the trend and ensure that DRC gets the best value for money.
- Ensure proper recording and updating of Fixed Asset register and ensure the appropriate tagging is performed for each item Asset/GPE accordingly.
- Ensure physical count of assets/GPE is conducted on time as per DRC SOP.
- Provides a monthly report on the asset condition that includes disposal plans, transfer, and donation reports in line with DRC Asset HB and the country SOP.
- Ensure proper implementation of the warehouse management in accordance with warehouse management SOP and procedures. (Stock management, Bin & Stock Cards, the release of goods is approved, use of Waybill, if necessary, PRV or GRN) are in place.
- Ensure that procured goods are received and meet the PO specifications
- Ensure timely dispatch of materials
- Schedule and coordinate mid-Year and Year-end inventories are performed
- Share with relevant managers the weekly stock report
- To report on a monthly basis, the warehouse movement and provide suggestions when required.
Fleet/ generator management:
- Ensure proper implementation of the fleet management in accordance with fleet management policies and procedures of DRC.
- Ensure weekly movement plans are in place and used daily in fleet management to support the Area office teams.
- Maintain good records for DRC-owned and rented vehicles such as driving and vehicles license, logbooks, fuel consumption, insurance, etc.
- To report on a monthly basis the fleet/ generator reports and provide proposals for cost reduction if necessary.
- Oversee fleet and generator running costs such as fuel consumption, purchase and tracking, and propose cost reduction.
Maintain a regular communication channel between the AO and CO supply chain teams on related matters for effective and efficient support.
Experience and technical competencies: (include years of experience)
- Minimum 2 years of experience in humanitarian logistics, procurement, asset, transport and distribution, warehousing, and stock management.
- Good understanding of the procurement rules and regulations of major international donors.
- Excellent skills in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Advanced English proficiency.
- Fluency in the local language.
- Relevant university degree in Business administration or preferred in Logistics and/or Supply Chain Management or equivalent professional qualification.
- High level of computer literacy (Microsoft Word and Excel).
English and Arabic
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
Contract length: 6 months
Level: Non-Management – H2
Location: Syria - Aleppo
Expected Start date: ASAP
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the below link:
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. CV only applications will not be considered.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, DRC reserves the right of conducting tests and interviews before the closing date and can close the advertisement earlier in case of finding a suitable candidate”.
Need further information?
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/jobsupport.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website www.drc.org
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: