Demand Generation Officer
Demand Generation Officer
- Job ID
- International Positions
- Employment Status
The Demand Generation Officer (DGO) is required to support a district-based voluntary medical male circumcision program. The DGO oversees/co-manages activities for MMC demand generation. The DGO also works with other VMMC staff (counselors, mobilisers, and clinical staff) to ensure provision of the highest quality strategies for demand promotion that adhere to PEPFAR and national standards/protocols such as campaigns and regular demand generation activities.
Closing Date: 06 June 2023
- Strengthen and continue employing key demand creation strategies that have been working.
- Increase, strengthen and manage the use of local demand creation partners.
- Strengthen the implementation of community-based social activations and maximize community events, to effectively generate demand for VMMC.
- Build and strengthen community partnerships with key stakeholders to facilitate access and support into high priority target areas.
- Ensure consistent and standardized use of recognition mechanisms to keep demand generation teams motivated and performing well.
- Ensure adequate supply of IEC materials and demand creation resources.
- Leverage on existing local influencers, and community media platforms.
- Strengthen the monitoring and evaluation of demand creation activities and team performance.
- To capacitate and provide continuous support and mentorship for all demand creation staff.
- To continuously increase the visibility of VMMC services in the district.
- Close coordination gaps between demand and supply.
- Reporting on all demand creation activities as required.
- Ensure the continuous use of data for decision making related to demand generation activities.
- Support the preparation and revision of technical and training materials in the area of demand promotion for the male circumcision program
- Assist in the organization and implementation of training and supervision activities, including in the area of counseling and testing, demand generation and messages for VMMC.
- Write reports and other documents for dissemination of activities in your area of responsibility, including success stories of the project
- Support in the implementation of the evaluation of the strategies of demand generation being implemented and the results related to each strategies
- Coordinate the demand promotion activities being implemented by community mobilisers affiliated to the fixed and outreach VMMC services.
- Coordinate demand promotion activities in partnership with DoH and other stakeholders involved in the process such as implementation partners, C/FBO's, Associations, etc.
- Conduct monthly supervision visits in coordination with of stakeholders from DoH, COB's and associations involved in demand generation activities
- Prepare, implement and report the district demand generation plan, ability to critically analyze the process and make proposals for solutions if necessary
- Pro-actively seek partnerships that can support the VMMC program in the generation of demand in an ethical and sustainable way taking into account the values and rules of the institution.
- Lead the entire training, coaching, mentoring and monitoring of VMMC field Senior Mobilisers and social mobilizers through application of organisational performance management process.
- Work with district health facilities to maximise local facilities in provision of VMMC service on regular or periodical bases.
- Participate in district VMMC demand creation TWGs, and other demand creation or related partnerships with local stakeholders.
- National Senior Certificate
- Degree/Diploma in public health communication/health promotion/Behaviour Change Communication/development communication/Communication/Marketing//PR/Community Development/Social Science and any other related degree
- 5+ years’ demonstrated experience working on social and behaviour change communication programmes, demand creation and/demonstrated experience working in HIV/AIDS programs or other community development programmes
- Experience implementing demand generation activities for VMMC is preferred
- Experience in organizing and conducting training and supervision activities
- Solid knowledge in the elaboration of training materials and contents for the media
- 4+ years leadership roles with proven record
- Experience with PEPFAR and/or other NGO operating in donor funded environment
- Communication and coordination skills
- Ability to work with autonomy and responsibility
- Verbal and written fluency in local languages is preferred
- Must have drivers licence
Jhpiego offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive employee benefits package.
Please apply at www.jhpiego.org/careers
Applicants must submit a single document for upload to include: cover letter, resume, and references.
For further information about Jhpiego, visit our website at www.jhpiego.org
Note: The successful candidate selected for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
Jhpiego is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
“Jhpiego, a Johns Hopkins University affiliate, is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, marital status, pregnancy, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, other legally protected characteristics or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. Jhpiego promotes Affirmative Action for minorities, women, individuals who are disabled, and veterans.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: