Green Value Chain Specialist
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
- FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, background and culture
- Qualified female applicants, qualified nationals of non-and under-represented Members and person with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Everyone who works for FAO is required to adhere to the highest standards of integrity and professional conduct, and to uphold FAO's values
- FAO, as a Specialized Agency of the United Nations, has a zero-tolerance policy for conduct that is incompatible with its status, objectives and mandate, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination
- All selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks
- All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
FAO is a partner agency of the Global Environment Facility (GEF), to address the world’s most challenging environmental issues related to biodiversity, climate change, land degradation, chemicals, and international waters. GEF provides grants to countries to meet these challenges whilst contributing to key development goals, such as food security.
In this context, FAO India is currently initiating the implementation of the “Promotion of Sustainable Food Systems in India through Transforming Rice-Wheat Systems in Punjab, Haryana, Odisha and Chhattisgarh” Project under the GEF -7 cycle. This five-year project will focus on four states (Punjab, Haryana, Chhattisgarh and Odisha). The project will: 1) result in major global environmental benefits in terms of reduced land degradation, biodiversity loss and greenhouse gas emissions; 2) provide the country with win-win benefits in terms of improvements in the environmental sustainability of food systems and the income and resilience of farmers, and; 3) generate additional benefits for other food system stakeholders such as improved access to safe and healthy food and to employment opportunities.
Under the supervision of the FAO Representative in India (FAOR), and direct supervision of Project Coordinator, the Green Value Chain Specialist will undertake the following duties
Expertise in Value Chain
Tasks and responsibilities
• Build strategies and plans for building linkages between producer organizations and buyers by facilitating events such as Seller-Buyer meets, B2B platforms, tapping opportunities for value addition, branding, channel creation and their management
• Ensure backward and forward linkages for producers and producer organizations to ensure access of quality agri inputs, technical know-how, value addition, market linkage for better realization of produce for FPOs
• Provide technical and incubation support to emerging rural entrepreneurs in select commodity value chains.
• Manage partnership, collaboration, and technical alliance with concerned private sector members and consortia (WBCSD), Government departments, State Federations such as MARKED, TRIFED, NAFED, etc. to ensure convergence of schemes for the benefit of FPOs.
• Partner and supervise service providers to get customized services around commodity prices, volume, markets etc for producer organizations and develop customized applications for use by producer organizations, etc.
• Build strategies and action plans for capacity building of producer organizations in business planning & development, exposure visits, creating a team of community cadres and their continuous grooming etc.
• Coordinate with other thematic experts for smooth implementation of activities
• Ensure documentation and sharing of project related learning
• Any other work assigned by PD/ AFAOR
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
• Master’s Degree in Agriculture Sciences / Environmental Sciences, Value Chain Management and related field.
• 8 years of relevant experience in Planning & Coordination with Govt Agencies/ Private / Community Based Organizations and FPOs, conducting and managing Market Studies, Value Chains with responsibilities as described above.
• Working knowledge of English (both written and spoken).
• National of India.
FAO Core Competencies
• Results Focus
• Building Effective Relationships
• Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
• Good Knowledge of Value Chain Development;
• Good Knowledge of partnership management;
• Good communication, reporting and presentation skills in English (both written and spoken);
• Ability to work in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams and handle stress.
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing)
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help please contact: Careers@fao.org
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
- Please note that FAO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU) / United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed at http://www.whed.net/
- For additional employment opportunities visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in its staff and international consultants in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: