Manager, Monitoring & Evaluation and Knowledge Management
Manager, Monitoring & Evaluation and Knowledge Management
- New Delhi
- Full Time
- Program (Division)
- Country Programs - India
The Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (CHAI) is a global health organization committed to our mission of saving lives and reducing the burden of disease in low-and middle-income countries. We work at the invitation of governments to support them and the private sector to create and sustain high-quality health systems.
CHAI was founded in 2002 in response to the HIV/AIDS epidemic with the goal of dramatically reducing the price of life-saving drugs and increasing access to these medicines in the countries with the highest burden of the disease. Over the following two decades, CHAI has expanded its focus. Today, along with HIV, we work in conjunction with our partners to prevent and treat infectious diseases such as COVID-19, malaria, tuberculosis, and hepatitis. Our work has also expanded into cancer, diabetes, hypertension, and other non-communicable diseases, and we work to accelerate the rollout of lifesaving vaccines, reduce maternal and child mortality, combat chronic malnutrition, and increase access to assistive technology. We are investing in horizontal approaches to strengthen health systems through programs in human resources for health, digital health, and health financing. With each new and innovative program, our strategy is grounded in maximizing sustainable impact at scale, ensuring that governments lead the solutions, that programs are designed to scale nationally, and learnings are shared globally.
At CHAI, our people are our greatest asset, and none of this work would be possible without their talent, time, dedication and passion for our mission and values. We are a highly diverse team of enthusiastic individuals across 40 countries with a broad range of skillsets and life experiences. CHAI is deeply grounded in the countries we work in, with majority of our staff based in program countries.
In India, CHAI works in partnership with its India registered affiliate William J Clinton Foundation (WJCF) under the guidance of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW) at the Central and States' levels on an array of high priority initiatives aimed at improving health outcomes. Currently, WJCF supports government partners across projects to expand access to quality care and treatment for HIV/AIDS, Hepatitis, tuberculosis, COVID-19, common cancers, sexual and reproductive health, immunization, and essential medicines.
Learn more about our exciting work: http://www.clintonhealthaccess.org
The Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) and Knowledge Management (KM) will be responsible for activities related to the development and implementation of WJCF’s Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) and knowledge management strategy and systems for all programs. This role entails a combination of strategy building, implementation management and team management.
The Manager will support project M&E teams to improve project design, log frame and accountability framework development, project implementation, M&E, impact measurement and knowledge management & learning. The Manager will also compile learnings from the project and communicate this information via various capacities to contribute to organizational learning and sharing of best practices to improve on-going and future programming. Based out of Delhi, the Manager will lead a high calibre team for achieving access goals and report to the Director, Strategy and New Initiatives.
We seek a highly qualified and motivated individual with strong quantitative and analytical skills, who is familiar with global health and key health systems strengthening concepts and approaches and would be up-to-speed in M&E theories and techniques, evidence-base decision-making approaches and knowledge management & learning systems. The successful candidate will have excellent communications skills, be able to function independently with flexibility in a dynamic and often uncertain situation, be self-motivated, can thrive in challenging environments, and have a strong commitment to excellence. The successful candidate will also to be adept at coordinating the operations of cross-functional teams and have a strong commitment to excellence. We place great value on relevant personal qualities: resourcefulness, responsibility, tenacity, independence, energy, and work ethic.
Monitoring & Evaluation and Analytics
- Oversee design and implementation of M&E strategy and knowledge management activities aligned with programmatic work plans for all programs for progress tracking and impact measurement;
- Support development of study design and research, monitoring, and evaluation tools, including research protocols, ethics applications, and standard operating procedures, for the evaluation surveys, process evaluations and outcomes evaluations;
- Coordinate with national and state health departments to help design research studies for improved decision making. Where relevant, liaise with academic institutions and/or other implementing partners that might have relevant data that can be leveraged for program monitoring and improvement;
- Design and implement relevant data collection and validation activities including field testing, training, and evaluation;
- Support the capacity building of programme teams on comprehensive data management, recording, reporting and dashboarding tools and processes that will generate credible, actionable, and timely information;
- Participate in assessment visits, supervision and mentoring at facilities and utilize data collected to ensure programs are moving in right direction, identify bottlenecks and solutions
- Support in regularly updating the M&E dashboard and reporting frameworks for ongoing projects, tracking the project progress as per the annual work plan and ensure reporting on project activities according to the M&E indicators;
- Coordinate with M&E teams through thematic projects to use standardized tools to ensure consistency of quality standards, harmonization of information and contributions from field and sharing of learnings
- Coordinate with CHAI Global Program and M&E teams to align India program evaluation indicators with that of other countries;
- Provide training and mentoring to WJCF program staff on M&E, including field-based staff in program states, as required.
Knowledge Management and Learning
- Support showcasing of results in local, regional, and global level through contributing to development of communication materials such as presentations, reports, briefs, and publications, based on knowledge and lessons learnt from ongoing interventions;
- Support in development and dissemination of routinely updated knowledge products produced by the projects with wider stakeholders both in a local and global level through various platforms and channels
- Work with programs to document best practices (case studies, end of project reports etc.) which can be shared with CHAI country and global teams and partners
- Support in the implementation of a learning dissemination plan articulating and aligning communication objectives with different stakeholder audience groups.
- Master's degree in economics (pure or applied), operations research, statistics, decision sciences, management or public health sciences, or related field.
- 7+ years of analytics, research, M&E experience in a demanding result driven environment in the private or public sector, with increasing levels of responsibility and leadership.
- Experience in conducting and managing field research.
- Exceptional problem-solving solving skills and analytical capabilities with high level of proficiency in Microsoft Office and statistical software like Stata or R.
- Exceptional diplomacy and interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to build strong professional relationships with a range of stakeholders in a challenging, multi-cultural environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including ability to create persuasive presentations and written reports.
- Ability to work independently and effectively in high-pressure, fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- High emotional intelligence, patience, and thoughtfulness even in high-pressure, stressful situations.
- Fluency in English and Hindi.
- Prior experience of working in management consulting and/or public health especially governance, systems strengthening, financing and /or management of operations at sub- national level, or similar fast-paced, output-oriented environments.
- Strong experience of engaging with government officials and multilateral organizations.
- Knowledge of health systems strengthening and/or development/social sector consulting experience.