ERP Oracle Developer(P2)
IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING APPLICATION DEADLINE\: Please note that the closing date for submission of applications is indicated in local time as per the time zone of the applicant’s location.
The Department of Management (MT) provides a ‘platform of services’ that serves as a foundation for the successful delivery of the IAEA’s scientific and technical programmes. Its mission statement is as follows\: “MT is a partner and a business enabler that champions change and efficiency, leveraging a common purpose”. Thus, among other support activities, it assists a scientific manager in recruiting the right expert, helps a technical officer coordinate the purchase of radiation equipment, and ensures that all Board documents are translated and distributed on a timely basis to Member States.
The Division of Information Technology provides support to the IAEA in the field of information and communication technology (ICT), including information systems for technical programmes and management. It is responsible for planning, developing and implementing an ICT strategy, for setting and enforcing common ICT standards throughout the Secretariat and for managing central ICT services. The IAEA's ICT infrastructure comprises state of the art hardware and software platforms in a partially decentralized environment. The Division has implemented an IT service management model based on ITIL (IT Infrastructure Library) and Prince2 (Projects in a Controlled Environment) best practices.
The IAEA's Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system, known as the Agency-wide Information System for Programme Support (AIPS), was implemented in a multi-phased phased approach beginning in 2011 and completing in 2017. AIPS provides a single, fully-integrated solution that standardizes and improves efficiency of business processes by leveraging the Oracle ERP suite of products. AIPS encompasses 8 business domains\: finance, procurement, programme and project management, planning and budgeting, human resources and payroll, contacts, travel and events management. The AIPS Management Section (AMS) within the Division of Information Technology manages the operations, maintenance, improvements, and support for the AIPS system in collaboration with business process owners. The AMS Section consists of approximately 20 staff members and is led by a Section Head, who reports to the Director of Information Technology/CIO.
The ERP Oracle Developer is a member of the AMS and reports to the ERP Technical Lead. The incumbent provides professional advice on, applies expert technical knowledge to, and provides ERP technical/development support for the delivery of IT services aimed at supporting the IAEA's Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system known as AIPS (Agency-wide Information System for Programme Support). The ERP Oracle Developer applies technical knowledge of Oracle Applications and Oracle Development tools to design, build, test, implement and maintain modifications of the AIPS ERP system, aimed at improving business processes and systems to meet organizational needs.
The ERP Developer is 1) a technical specialist, designing, building, implementing and maintaining modifications to the AIPS ERP system, based on business requirements; 2) a technical expert, providing authoritative guidance of Oracle ERP technology and development principles and best practices; 3) a level 3 support agent, addressing technical and product issues and requests not resolved by the first two levels of support staff. The knowledge is applied to manage and resolve incidents and problems as well as design and implement new changes for the AIPS system (in conjunction with the AMS functional specialists and ERP Technical Lead).
Functions / Key Results Expected
Designs, builds, implements and maintains AIPS application customizations and reports based on Oracle eBS technology stack using established development standards to meet business requirements.
Handles and provides solutions for technical incidents and application service requests and works with application vendors to resolve issues.
Works in cooperation with functional specialists, and in consultation with business representatives, to help define requirements and an effective design to realize change requests related to custom RICEFW/CEMLI components built in the AIPS system. Efficiently works with Oracle support and other contractors to implement solutions to problems, changes and improvements.
Analyses, reviews and alters custom RICEFW/CEMLI components to increase their efficiency.
Develops and maintains System Documentation in AIM/OUM format for custom RICEFW/CEMLI components built in the AIPS system. and provides application support for the AIPS interfaces in the production environment.
Actively participates in testing to validate if the implemented features meet requirements.
Competencies and Expertise
Core Competencies(Competency Framework)
|Communication||Communicates orally and in writing in a clear, concise and impartial manner. Takes time to listen to and understand the perspectives of others and proposes solutions.|
|Achieving Results||Takes initiative in defining realistic outputs and clarifying roles, responsibilities and expected results in the context of the Department/Division’s programme. Evaluates his/her results realistically, drawing conclusions from lessons learned.|
|Teamwork||Actively contributes to achieving team results. Supports team decisions.|
|Planning and Organizing||Plans and organizes his/her own work in support of achieving the team or Section’s priorities. Takes into account potential changes and proposes contingency plans.|
|Client orientation||Establishes effective relationships with clients to understand and meet or exceed their needs. Finds ways to ensure client satisfaction.|
|Commitment to continuous process improvement||Identifies opportunities for process, system and structural improvement as well as improving current practices, increasing effectiveness and achieving efficiency gains. Actively supports the application of sound quality management standards and process improvement.|
|Technical/scientific credibility||Acquires and applies new skills to remain up to date in his/her area of expertise. Reliably applies knowledge of basic technical/scientific methods and concepts.|
|Information Technology - Oracle||ERP Systems (Oracle) Development||In depth understanding of the E-Business Suite technical architecture and infrastructure (Release 12).|
|Information Technology||Information Security||Expert understanding of information security and secure coding techniques.|
|Information Technology - Oracle||Oracle Developer Tools (Java/J2EE/J2ME)||Intermediate understanding of Developer Tools such as Java, J2EE, J2ME.|
|Information Technology - Oracle||Oracle Developer Tools (SQL/PLSQL/Forms/Reports/WF)||Advanced understanding of Developer Tools such as SQL, PLSQL, Forms, Report, WF.|
|Information Technology - Oracle||Oracle Developer Tools (UNIX)||Expert understanding of Developer Tools such as UNIX.|
|Information Technology - Oracle||Oracle Developer Tools (XML)||Expert understanding of Developer Tools such as XML.|
|Information Technology - Oracle||Oracle Framework ADF/OAF||Experience in developing Oracle EBS front-end extensions required (OAF, ADF, APEX).|
|Information Technology - Oracle||Oracle Technical - SOA Gateway||Intermediate understanding of SOA Gateway.|
|Information Technology - Oracle||Oracle Technical\: Work Flows||Advanced understanding of Oracle Approvals Management.|
|Information Technology - Oracle||Oracle Technical - Data Integrator||Intermediate understanding of Data Integrator.|
|Information Technology - Oracle||Oracle Technical - Fusion technologies||Experience with Oracle Cloud Infrastructure, Oracle Cloud Applications, Oracle Analytics Cloud and Oracle Cloud development tools.|
|Information Technology - Oracle||Oracle Technical\: BI||Expert understanding of Business Intelligence.|
|Information Technology - Oracle||Oracle Technical\: OBIEE||Intermediate understanding of OBIEE.|
Qualifications, Experience and Language skills
- University Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Accounting or Management or other related field.
- Minimum two years of experience in designing, building, testing and troubleshoot complex issues, test system patches and upgrades, conduct regression tests on Oracle ERP R12 based custom RICEFW (Reports, Interface, Conversion, Enhancements, Forms and Workflow)/CEMLI (Customization, Extension, Modification, Localization, and Integration) components.
- Experience in working with Oracle Cloud Applications and technologies is an asset.
- Experience in developing Web Services and/or REST APIs an asset.
- Familiarity with ITIL and PRINCE2 methodology is highly desirable.
- Excellent oral and written command of English. Knowledge of other official IAEA languages (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian and Spanish) is an asset.
The IAEA offers an attractive remuneration package including a tax-free annual net base salary starting at US $50377 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance), a variable post adjustment which currently amounts to US $ 24785, dependency benefits, rental subsidy, education grant, relocation and repatriation expenses; Other benefits include 6 weeks' annual leave, home leave travel, pension plan and health insurance. More information on the conditions of employment can be found at\: https\://www.iaea.org/about/employment/professional-staff/conditions
- The IAEA’s paramount consideration in the recruitment of staff member is to secure employees of the highest standards of efficiency, technical competence and integrity.
- Staff Members shall be selected without any unfair treatment or arbitrary distinction based on a person’s race, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, nationality, ethnic origin, disability, age, language, social origin or other similar shared characteristic or trait.
- The IAEA is committed to gender equality and to promoting a diverse workforce. Applications from qualified women and candidates from developing countries are strongly encouraged.
- Applicants should be aware that IAEA staff members are international civil servants and may not accept instructions from any other authority. The IAEA is committed to applying the highest ethical standards in carrying out its mandate. As part of the United Nations common system, the IAEA subscribes to the following core ethical standards (or values)\: Integrity, Professionalism and Respect for diversity.
- The IAEA has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and the IAEA, including sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination.
- The evaluation of applicants will be conducted on the basis of the information submitted in the application according to the selection criteria stated in the vacancy announcement. Applicants must provide complete and accurate information. Evaluation of qualified candidates may include an assessment exercise, which may be followed by a competency-based interview.
- Candidates under serious consideration for selection may be subject to reference and background checks as part of the recruitment process.
- Appointment is subject to a satisfactory medical report.
- Staff members may be assigned to any location.
- Candidates appointed to posts in the Professional and higher categories are subject to IAEA rotation policy and their maximum tour of service shall normally be seven years.
- The IAEA retains the discretion not to make any appointment to this vacancy, to make an appointment at a lower grade or with a different contract type, or to make an appointment with a modified job description or for shorter duration than indicated above.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: