Title: Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Director
Location: Thies, Senegal
Reports to: Chief of Innovation
myAgro is a non-profit agritech social enterprise based in West Africa. We have developed a mobile savings model that allows farmers to invest their own funds in high-quality seed, fertilizer, and agricultural training to increase their harvest and income by 50-100%. Our North Star is to support 1 million farmers in 2026 - providing them the tools they need to prosper. Our organization has received recognition and support from Skoll Foundation, Echoing Green, World Bank, and The Audacious Project from TED. Learn more from our founder and CEO here.
About the Role:
The Monitoring & Evaluation Director contributes to our success and sustainability as a social enterprise, and is essential to communicating our impact to team members. You will implement existing programs, and work towards new improvements to our systems. So what kind of person will be successful in this role?
- You are Fluent in Data. You know how to design data collection tools, manage data flows, and present data powerfully. In other words, you know how to find raw data and turn it into relevant insights for people across the organization and beyond. You work will help us understand how our inputs and services benefit our farmers.
- You are an Excellent Communicator. From creating the right questions to ask a diverse group of farmers, to training a team of surveyors on the subtleties of survey execution, to navigating the complexities of a growing organization, you can understand several perspectives and convincingly communicate your message. Many people across the organization rely on M&E insights, so you will work with other teams to ensure they get the relevant information they need.
Design, manage, and improve upon monitoring and evaluation activities
- Run our existing M&E operations with a heavy focus on collecting high-quality and reliable data on harvest measurements with more than 2,500 farmers.
- Recruit, train, and manage the country-based M&E field teams, including creating quality training materials, developing work plans, reviewing deliverables, and providing value-added feedback.
- Create new M&E frameworks for core programs and pilot projects to track a variety of metrics including: farmer training effectiveness, quantitative and qualitative impacts of our product and services client satisfaction, data quality, ...
Analyze and communicate findings
- Set up real-time data management and Key Progress Indicator (KPI) systems to inform rapid decision-making.
- Use software including Microsoft and Google productivity tools to summarize and visualize data and present to leadership across the organization.
Work with other departments
- Work with farmer training, R&D, and fundraising teams to ensure activities support organizational M&E goals and meet data quality expectations.
- Colaborate with our data team and their toobox of data management, analysis an visualization
- Guide communication between the Agriculture team and country-based Call Centers, designing phone surveys, training and monitoring Call Center agent data collection, and summarizing results.
- 5 years of prior Monitoring & Evaluation experience – preferably in a social enterprise, including a background in scaling and expanding programs.
- Experience implementing Monitoring & Evaluation programs in rural areas.
- Experience in a position at the crossroads between multiple departments.
- Fluency in French and English.
- Health insurance (including dental, vision and health coverage)
- Approximately 4 weeks of paid time off each year
- Professional development and laptop stipends
- Annual flight benefit
- The opportunity to make a difference for farmers everyday!
Application Process and Deadline
To apply, submit an application on our website. Include a cover letter (motivation letter) and a resume or CV. You should also complete the Plum survey. You can find a link to the Plum survey on the application form for the role. Please submit your application and documents in English. Only shortlisted candidates will contacted by our team.
There is no fixed deadline as we hire on a rolling basis. If someone else is selected while you are interviewing, we will let you know and consider your application for future positions. The interview process includes the application form, the Plum assessment, short virtual interviews and typically a short written assignment or a visit to the field or one of our offices.
myAgro provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, national origin, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, and genetics. myAgro complies with all applicable federal, provincial and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: