Business Analyst (3 posts)
12 months with a possibility of an extension.Duties and Responsibilities
THE ORGANIZATIONAL SETTING
The International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) sets international Standards and Recommended Practices (SARPs) for aviation safety, air navigation, security, and environmental protection. To that effect, ICAO is a knowledge-based organization engaged in developing intellectual property. The Revenue and Product Management Section is part of the Technical Cooperation Bureau and is focused on the organization's revenue-generating activities. The portfolio of revenue-generating activities includes publications, periodicals, databases, websites, training, printing, and events. The revenues generated by these activities are required to promote ICAO’s Strategic Objectives and carry out related Programme Support. The Section is responsible for the overall strategic planning, stakeholders’ collaboration, coordination, promotion, and distribution of these sellable products in close coordination with the other Bureaus/Offices of the Organization.
The Product Management Unit (PTM) is responsible for identifying, analysing, and implementing revenue-generating opportunities in ICAO. The Business Analyst consultant, reporting to the Head of PTM, must define, analyse and document requirements, as well as develop financial strategies for new product opportunities. The business cases the analyst will produce need to take into account the specific international aviation market conditions and provide business intelligence on the market position of ICAO and its partners.
In addition, the incumbent will support PTM activities by researching and proposing alternative business models for delivering intellectual property content to stakeholders. The analyst will also provide project management / product management support for the implementation of new products such as new licensing agreements, the development of commercial publications, data products and digital-based products. The analyst will also support system implementations such as CRM, e-commerce, digital rights management (DRM) and marketing automation.
The Business Analyst must have the ability to synthesize inputs from many sources as well as across the network of ICAO Bureaus. Effective communication and interpersonal skills are as important as technical skills in this internal consulting role.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Function 1 (incl. expected results)
Estimate the value and size of commercial publications in international aviation, achieving results such as:
• Analyse the current sales of services in the sector (including products and services like books, manuals, reports, templates, training, guidelines, labels, etc.);
• Analyse the product mix and market pricing of products (e.g. evaluate the market position of printed and electronic publications being used by customers such as operators, airports, shippers and manufacturers, as well as compare product offerings);
• Identify the major industry players and their market share in the fields of publishing, training, and logistical support, or any other commercial publications activities;
• Forecast commercial publications opportunities in the marketplace;
• Produce product pricing analysis reports.
Function 2 (incl. expected results)
Identify market opportunities, achieving results such as:
• Scope the market trends in terms of current and future customer needs, including the effect of technology and mobile applications;
• Identify market gaps for potential ICAO products and services;
• Identify potential partners who can provide support, add value or compliment ICAO Intellectual Property;
• Identify alternative Intellectual Property products that could be supported by an ICAO licensing agreement including subscriptions that could be sold electronically;
• Review the opportunity to integrate existing products through partnerships, including the method for determining revenue and the implications for ICAO intellectual property;
• Assess the value of the ICAO brand on a specific market(s);
• Produce business case documents, marketing needs documents, product description documents, and product roadmap documents;
• Assist marketing in preparation of market strategy documents.
Function 3 (incl. expected results)
Provide project / product management support to new product implementation, achieving results such as:
• Manage and coordinate multiple tasks and deadlines;
• Manage information sharing and communications;
• Assist in the research, negotiation and development of licensing agreements and other partnership models; and,
• Provide ongoing advice on competitive and economic conditions which could affect the successful generation of revenue on specific projects;
• Provide project status reports.
Function 4 (incl. expected results)
Provide implementation and ongoing support around CRM and e-Commerce business operations, achieving results such as:
• Documenting and mapping of organization’s CRM and e-Commerce strategies;
• Analysing stakeholder’s needs, requirements and capabilities with respect to using CRM and e-Commerce;
• Configuring CRM metadata fields based on the organization’s context and needs;
• Configuring business-oriented CRM and e-Commerce dashboards in support of sales and marketing operations.
Function 5 (incl. expected results)
Provide support for corporate reporting for key governance meetings such as the Business Development Group (BDG), the Revenue Generation Governance Board (RGGB), and Council, achieving results such as:
• Provide support by producing analyses, presentations, monthly reports, and working papers;
• Taking minutes and notes from governance meetings;
• Track and ensure execution of action items from governance meetings;
• Maintain the tracking of business cases and new products, including their project status and key financials in a central register.
Function 6 (incl. expected results)
Performs other related duties, as assigned.
A first-level university degree in business administration or a related field of study or equivalent.
A second-level university degree in business administration or a related field of study or equivalent.
Professional Experience and Knowledge:
• A minimum of three (3) years of work experience (depending on the educational background) in business evaluation and analysis, as well as in dynamic teams;
• Excellent computer skills and technology knowledge for productivity;
• Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel skills;
• Process mapping experience using tools such as Microsoft Visio;
• Experience introducing change with key stakeholders. Spoken and written communications that are compelling, convincing and reassuring, and the ability to articulate complex technical ideas to non-technical stakeholders;
• Highly analytical, motivated and detailed oriented Interpersonal skills that create openness and trust among colleagues;
• Highly organized individual who thrives in high pressure situations.
• Experience in aviation-related commercial business analysis;
• Experience with implementing CRM and/or e-Commerce systems from a business operation perspective;
• Experience with querying databases to produce reports;
• Experience with financial analysis and pricing / revenue models;
• Experience with Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, and other marketing platform tags/pixel implementations;
• Technical experience, including usage and configuration of APIs.
• Fluent reading, writing and speaking abilities in English.
• A working knowledge of a second language of the Organization (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, or Spanish).
It should be noted that this consultancy is to be filled for an initial period of twelve (12) months with a possibility of an extension. This is a full-time position.
Please note that the monthly rate for Band B varies from CAD 5,097 to CAD 8,122.
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: