Digital Literacy Intern (Unpaid)
The Digital Literacy Intern will develop digital literacy
curriculum for people of all abilities by incorporating a variety of
technologies into instruction. The Digital Literacy Intern will work with Digital
Literacy instructors to plan lessons that integrate components of ELT, digital
inclusion, and computer skills. S/he may also help with administrative tasks.
Must be comfortable working with clients from a variety of backgrounds.
- Assist in the design, development and implementation of other computer training curricula and digital literacy classes.
- Plan daily lesson plans that include objectives, instructional activities with differentiated instruction and assessments that are proper to the skill level, needs and interest of the students in the program.
- Maintain the computer lab and an inventory of information and technology equipment.
- Provide quality instruction that fosters an academic learning climate and that actively supports teaching and learning. Assist clients in applying for and renewing benefits.
- Assist in the developing and implementing tools to recruit and retain students.
- Recruit, train and coordinate volunteers to provide additional assistance to users as needed.
- Provide one-on-one digital literacy support for students.
- Teach entry level computer basic programs such as, but not limited to:
Internet and browsing
Computer and internet safety
In-depth training will be provided for interns to understand IRC programming and the various needs of clients accessing IRC services. A high-level of confidentiality is required when working with IRC clients.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity:
IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
*The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.