Supply Chain Team Leader
Danish Refugee Council, one of the world’s leading humanitarian NGOs, is currently looking for a highly qualified and motivated Supply Chain Team Leader in Merefa (to be relocated to Kharkiv city).
DRC has been operating in Ukraine since 2014, currently DRC employs over 250 staff in Ukraine and will continue significant scale-up in 2022 to implement emergency response in the Protection, Livelihoods, Shelter/NFIs and Humanitarian Disarmament and Peacebuilding (humanitarian mine action) sectors, using direct interventions, support to duty bearers and civil society organizations (CSOs), and partnerships with CSOs. DRC will continue and adapt its durable solutions portfolio to the evolving context.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and oversee the management of the supply chain and logistics support for operations in Kharkivska and government-controlled Donetska oblasts, including requisitioning, receiving, storing, issuing, and delivering goods.
- Manage the expansion of DRC existing supplier portfolio and always ensure professional management of suppliers and contractors.
- Ensure monthly documented meetings with direct reports with particular support to their development and capacity building.
- Ensure internal and external compliance regulations adhered to, within deadline, for all Logistics activities.
- Oversee fleet management in area of responsibility, including line management of drivers.
- Oversee and manage Supply Chain staff in the office particularly in term of stock and asset management, ensure compliance with donors’ rules and regulations.
- Manage, implement/maintain and follow DRC standard warehousing/stock practices and supervise staff in record of keeping best audit standard.
- Provide training for staff with Supply Chain responsibilities, particularly in Procurement procedures, Fleet and Stock & Assets management.
- Conduct periodical Corruption Risk Mapping checks requested by Compliance department on fleet, assets and procurement
- Other tasks as assigned by the Kharkiv Base Manager, or Supply Chain Manager
- Adherence to DRC policies, guidance, and procedures.
- Implement DRC’s systems and procedures at area level.
- Ensure adherence to DRC policies, handbooks, guidelines, and donor requirements.
- Prepare and submit reports and analysis.
- Ensure proper filing of all support documents.
- Support line managers in procedures and require support team trainings.
- Management of support team.
- Ensure development and implementation of administrative systems and procedures.
- Provide anti-corruption, transparency and cost efficiency focus in all processes (e.g. in procurement, vehicle management, asset management).
- Ensure safe and efficient transport of staff and materials/goods.
- Planning and delivering results
- Working with people
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Coping with Change
- Strategic thinking
- Managing performance and development
Required experience and competencies
- Master's degree in Logistics and/or Supply Chain Management
- Minimum 3 years of experience in logistics, procurement, transport and distribution, warehousing, and stock management. Experience in humanitarian logistics is highly desirable.
- Proven management skills and a competence in people management
- Commitment to learning and implementing organizational policies and procedures.
- Excellent skill in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience in managing supply chain in an ERP system
- Good understanding of the procurement rules and regulations of major international donors
- Full professional proficiency in English and other local languages
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to our values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Contract length: Open-ended contract upon successful completion of the three-month probation period
Band: G management
Designation of Duty Station: Merefa (to be relocated to Kharkiv)- full time based
Start date: As soon as possible
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for National Staff.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: July 31, 2023
Please note that DRC keeps the right to start selection process and to recruit a qualified candidate should one be identified before the closing date.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.
DRC as an employer
By working in DRC, you will be joining a global workforce of around 8000 employees in 40 countries. We pride ourselves on our:
- Professionalism, impact & expertise
- Humanitarian approach & the work we do
- Purpose, meaningfulness & own contribution
- Culture, values & strong leadership
- Fair compensation & continuous development
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: