Associate, Primary Health Care
Associate, Primary Health Care
- Full Time
- Program (Division)
- Country Programs - Rwanda
The Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (CHAI) is a global health organization committed to our mission of saving lives and reducing the burden of disease in low-and middle-income countries. We work at the invitation of governments to support them and the private sector to create and sustain high-quality health systems.
CHAI was founded in 2002 in response to the HIV/AIDS epidemic with the goal of dramatically reducing the price of life-saving drugs and increasing access to these medicines in the countries with the highest burden of the disease. Over the following two decades, CHAI has expanded its focus. Today, along with HIV, we work in conjunction with our partners to prevent and treat infectious diseases such as COVID-19, malaria, tuberculosis, and hepatitis. Our work has also expanded into cancer, diabetes, hypertension, and other non-communicable diseases, and we work to accelerate the rollout of lifesaving vaccines, reduce maternal and child mortality, combat chronic malnutrition, and increase access to assistive technology. We are investing in horizontal approaches to strengthen health systems through programs in human resources for health, digital health, and health financing. With each new and innovative program, our strategy is grounded in maximizing sustainable impact at scale, ensuring that governments lead the solutions, that programs are designed to scale nationally, and learnings are shared globally.
At CHAI, our people are our greatest asset, and none of this work would be possible without their talent, time, dedication and passion for our mission and values. We are a highly diverse team of enthusiastic individuals across 40 countries with a broad range of skillsets and life experiences. CHAI is deeply grounded in the countries we work in, with majority of our staff based in program countries. Learn more about our exciting work: http://www.clintonhealthaccess.org
CHAI is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to providing an environment of fairness, and mutual respect where all applicants have access to equal employment opportunities. CHAI values diversity and inclusion, and recognizes that our mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of people with diverse experience, backgrounds, and culture.
Overview of Role:
The Associate, Primary Health Care (PHC) will provide technical and operational support to the development of government-led costed Primary Health Care/Universal Health Care plan and implementation roadmap up to 2030. Additionally, the Associate will provide technical and operational oversight to the PHC performance measurement tracker and improvement system. They will support the technical and programmatic aspects of the upcoming community health workers (CHW) reform initiative by Rwanda Ministry of Health. Lastly, they will serve as a PHC technical expert in the office and extend the needed support for across programs in the country office.
- Provide technical and operational support to the development of government led costed PHC/UHC plan and implementation roadmap up to 2030.
- Support MoH PHC unit to develop a concept note on UHC roadmap.
- Provide technical support towards key stakeholder mapping and engagement activities.
- Support MoH PHC unit in evidence generation/compilation, content development and costing of the UHC roadmap development.
- Provide technical and operational oversight to the PHC performance measurement tracker and improvement system.
- Oversee the implementation of the PHC performance improvement proof of concept project according to the implementation plan.
- Provide technical input and inform MoH and other stakeholder, monitor and document progress of the proof-of-concept project.
- Support the technical and programmatic aspect of the upcoming community health program (CHP) reform initiative by Rwandan Ministry of Health.
- Provide technical input in the design and implementation of the new CHP reform program strategic plan and implementation roadmap development process in collaboration with CHAI HRH team.
- Serve as a PHC technical expert in the office and extend the needed support for across programs in the country office.
- Perform any other task as may be assigned by the program manager.
- Master's degree in public health, Health Sciences or related field.
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in government health systems strengthening, preferably in PHC planning, financing and implementation.
- Adequate understanding of UHC through PHC and tracking progress in LMIC context.
- Experience in developing health program policies, strategies, and guidelines, including costing and budgeting of an implementation roadmap.
- Knowledge of health information systems and experience in designing and implementing health program performance measurement (M&E) systems.
- Experience in designing, implementing and monitoring government-led, community-based health programs in LMIC context.
- Ability to work effectively with government and non-governmental stakeholders with multi-cultural environment and multi-disciplinary team set up.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Fluency in English.
- Fluency in Kinyarwanda.
- Experience in Rwanda health system.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: