Finance & Operations Director, Early Grade Education Activity (NEW)
Who We Are
IREX is a global development and education organization. We strive for a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world—where individuals reach their full potential, governments serve their people, and communities thrive. With a projected annual portfolio of more than $100 million and more than 600 staff worldwide, we work with partners in more than 100 countries in four areas essential to progress: cultivating leaders, empowering youth, strengthening institutions, and increasing access to quality education and information.
The Finance and Operations Director will ensure efficient and effective program operations and compliant financial protocols to ensure deliverables are met on time and on budget. The Finance & Operations Director will oversee various staff responsible for managing operational tasks including operations, human resources grants and contracts management, financial management and accounting, and logistics ensuring smooth implementation of activities S/he will ensure timely start-up, implementation, and closeout that is compliant with donor and IREX regulations.
We are doers. Our decades of on-the-ground experience help us create greater impact, practical recommendations, and lasting partnerships.
Are you the next member of our team?
Your Background & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required, master’s degree highly preferred.
- Minimum 12 + years of progressive experience. or a master’s degree and 11 years of experience.
- Minimum five years of supervisory work experience providing direct supervision of administrative, human resources, operations, and finance staff, as well as direct supervision of professional and support staff responsible for complex programs.
- Demonstrated knowledge of management processes and systems from start-up to close out, such as human resources management and development (including performance evaluation), financial management, fraud prevention measures, and management of employee compensation systems.
- Experience working on U.S.-government funded projects, preferred experience working with USAID.
- Ability to compile and prepare financial and budget data in-line with USG rules and regulations.
- Experience analyzing budget trends and monitoring funding levels.
- Expertise with procedures required for adequate planning, monitoring, and realigning of complex budgets.
- Demonstrable ability to manage a team and create a culture of compliance through training, coaching and oversight.
- Demonstrated ability to work with host government and cooperating partners in implementing a complex program in the field under challenging circumstances.
- Skilled in managing and compiling financial data for reporting and ensuring compliance with all donor requirements.
- Ability to successfully manage and develop staff in a multi-cultural setting as demonstrated by past experience.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office programs, Excel in particular.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Proven leadership qualities and excellent management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to track and manage budgets and plan both strategically and creatively to meet project objectives.
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders, including governments, private sector, higher educational institutions, schools, donors, etc.
- Strong representational and organizational skills
- Commitment to inclusive programming that encourages full participation of individual regardless of gender, disability status, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or other marginalized status
- Excellent computer skills as they relate to financial management.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic.
- Must demonstrate valid proof of unrestricted work authorization in Jordan.
Your Daily Tasks
- Support the COP in day-to-day program management and ensure that the program meets all IREX, USAID and host country regulations and requirements related to USAID funds usage, accountability, and operations within the country.
- Support the COP to ensure that USAID and IREX policies and procedures are followed.
- Coordinate with the regional HR to ensure that any HR updates or changes are appropriately reflected in Finance operations.
- Take an active role in recruitment processes, including participating in candidate selection, conducting interviews, and making hiring decisions. Additionally, oversee the onboarding process for new employees, ensuring they have a smooth transition into the organization.
- Handle the preparation and management of employment contracts, ensuring compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date HR records, including employee information, contracts, and any relevant documentation. Implement a tracking system to effectively monitor and manage employee records.
- These responsibilities demonstrate the Finance Director's involvement in various HR-related tasks, ensuring the smooth functioning of HR processes within the finance.
- Coordinate EGEA compliance with local law including communication with external legal advisors as necessary.
- Support project recruitment and human resource management.
- Liaise with IREX home office financial, compliance and field operations teams.
- Establish financial and operational systems during start-up.
- Track and analyze all costs incurred under the award; oversee all payments.
- Monitor program budget and advise senior management on burn rates and other programmatic considerations; provide complete and compliant required reporting; and maintain financial records for all program activities.
- Overseeing subgrantee budgets and expenditures; provide relevant capacity building on financial and operational requirements for local partners as needed.
- Ensure that appropriate financial record-keeping policies and practices are established and maintained throughout the life of the program;
- Provide guidance and oversight of third tier subawards, including all finance, operations and compliance expectations as aligned with USAID and IREX policies.
- Oversee all project expenditures and staff transportation/vehicles.
- Oversee financial aspects of all program activities and work closely with program staff to develop budgets and cost projections (including shared office costs) for programmatic activities.
- Manage the procurement process for employee health and life insurance, ensuring that appropriate coverage is obtained for all employees.
- Directly supervise and manage EGEA’s finance, administrative, operations, subaward and procurement staff.
- Provide direction, guidance, training and coaching to EGEA’s staff to ensure procedures are aligned with best practices and also ensure that IREX and USAID rules and regulations are implemented effectively.
- Other duties, as assigned.
We conduct background checks on all successful candidates
This position is not eligible for Immigration Sponsorship.
To apply, click here.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: