Human Resources Specialist
IMPORTANT NOTICE\: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
- FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, background and culture.
- Qualified female applicants, qualified nationals of non-and under-represented Members and person with disabilities are encouraged to apply;
- Everyone who works for FAO is required to adhere to the highest standards of integrity and professional conduct, and to uphold FAO's values
- FAO, as a Specialized Agency of the United Nations, has a zero-tolerance policy for conduct that is incompatible with its status, objectives and mandate, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination
- All selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks
- All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
The Shared Services Centre (SSC) recommends and administers process management and procedures that need to be executed effectively; ensures the management of quality assurance activities associated with the transactional processes and implementation of service delivery; continuously improves the satisfaction of its customers, internal or external, while pursuing a continuous improvement agenda that will drive up service excellence while driving down the costs of service delivery through process standardization, process automation and self-service capabilities.
This role is available in the Affiliate Workforce Unit (AWU), which is part of the SSC HR-Services Unit based in Budapest, Hungary.
The Human Resources Specialist will work under the direct supervision of the HR Officer (AWU) in collaboration with the National HR Officers and other team members.
The Human Resources Specialist will advise on and support the Unit in all matters related to the hiring and contract management of the International Affiliate Workforce of FAO, with special focus on system development and process improvement.
Tasks and responsibilities
The aim of this call for expression of interest is to build a roster of candidates who are able to manage complex caseloads, provide policy and procedural guidance to hiring managers and divisions on a whole range of HR-related matters as well as contribute to developing and maintaining an HR management system that is efficient, flexible and fit-for-purpose.
• Provide operational support to the Affiliate Workforce Unit in the implementation of its diverse functions.
• Track and monitor the completion of tasks and activities, ensuring adherence to established timelines and Service Level Agreements (SLAs), reporting any delays or issues to the supervisor.
• Monitor and manage the ServiceNow inbox, ensuring timely responses to inquiries through allocating tickets to appropriate individuals or teams.
• Handle non-routine and complex cases including for L3 emergencies offices; undertake research and analysis of entitlements and employment conditions and draft correspondence for the Human Resources Officers.
• Identify needs and provide recommendations for system changes, prepare Business Change Reports in coordination with the SSC Continuous Improvement Team and the Digitalization and Informatics Division (CSI), coordinate relevant testing activities in the AW Unit and report on results.
• Identify and flag system issues, follow up on solutions with relevant teams and divisions in SSC and in headquarters
• Contribute to developing and updating training materials.
• Research, analyze, and provide reports and statistics to HR Officers, upon request.
• Maintain the Unit’s Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in close collaboration with the SOP-focal point; act as the focal point for the ISO certification and internal audit processes.
• Perform other HR related duties as requested by HR Officer.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
• University degree in Computer Sciences Human Resources, Management, Public or Business Administration, Social Sciences or another relevant field.
• At least three years of relevant experience in Human Resources or Administration.
• Working knowledge (level C) of English and limited knowledge (level B) of one of the other FAO languages for Consultants. Working knowledge (level C) of English is required for PSAs.
FAO Core Competencies
• Results Focus
• Building Effective Relationships
• Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
• Work experience in more than one location or area of work
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Problem solving skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong organizational and planning skills and commitment to discretion and confidentiality
• Familiarity with UN personnel administrative procedures and systems
• Knowledge of ERP systems and related technology
• Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
• Previous experience of United Nations policies, procedures, practices and systems, particularly those related to human resources, is highly desirable
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency
- FAO does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, processing)
- Please note that FAO will only consider academic credentials or degrees obtained from an educational institution recognized in the IAU/UNESCO list
- Please note that FAO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU) / United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed at http\://www.whed.net/
- For more information, visit the FAO employment website
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
HOW TO APPLY
• To apply, visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO and complete your online profile. We strongly recommend that your profile is accurate, complete and includes your employment records, academic qualifications, and language skills
• Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile
• Once your profile is completed, please apply, and submit your application
• Candidates may be requested to provide performance assessments and authorization to conduct verification checks of past and present work, character, education, military and police records to ascertain any and all information which may be pertinent to the employment qualifications
• Incomplete applications will not be considered
• Personal information provided on your application may be shared within FAO and with other companies acting on FAO’s behalf to provide employment support services such as pre-screening of applications, assessment tests, background checks and other related services. You will be asked to provide your consent before submitting your application. You may withdraw consent at any time, by withdrawing your application, in such case FAO will no longer be able to consider your application
• Only applications received through the FAO recruitment portal will be considered
• Your application will be screened based on the information provided in your online profile
• We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date.
If you need help, or have queries, please contact\: Careers@fao.org
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT