Under the overall guidance and supervision of the National Project Manager-GLOF-II Project, the Digitization/IT Analyst will provide support in digitizing the operations of the GLOF-II project, including revamping of the GLOF-II project website, project applications and development of Project Management Information System (PMIS) of the project for enhancing the operational efficiency, transparency and monitoring of project interventions. S/he will be required to work in close coordination with Project Management Unit, Provincial Project Implementation Units, Field Offices, internal UNDP teams and partners of the project.
Technical support to Project digitalization:
- Carry out an analysis for the development of website and digital systems (PMIS and other applications) by reviewing multiple project documentation and data management procedures of the project.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including project teams based at the Project Management Unit, Provincial Project Implementation Units, Field Offices and other relevant stakeholders to identify and define requirements for development of digital systems and website.
- Lead on the coding, full stack development, designing, and creating a visually appealing website for the GLOF-II project.
- Develop and maintain applications for data visualization management and analysis while writing clean, maintainable, and testable code for applications.
- Develop RESTful Application Programming Interface (API) for data exchange between the front-end and back-end services.
Support to the Project and PMU
- Provide support in monitoring effective implementations of the digital applications/initiatives of the project and troubleshoot/debug applications as per need.
- Strengthen the capacities of the project team, Implementing Partner and Responsible Partner in terms on digitization and use of project applications.
- Support the integration of GLOF-II project with the GIS based MIS system developed for the Ministry of Climate Change (MOCC).
- Ensure softwares are up to date with the latest security and compliance standards.
- Continuously learn innovative technologies and programming languages to improve skills and stay up to date with industry trends.
- Participate in code reviews to maintain code quality and consistency.
- Manage web servers and databases for web application deployment of the GLOF-II Project.
- Manage IT infrastructure, including servers, network devices, and systems for the GLOF-II Project.
- Provide technical support to end-users as and when required.
- Any other task assigned by the supervisor.
Ensure implementation of ICT strategies as well as introduction and implementation of new technologies.
- Ensure full compliance with corporate information management and technology standards, guidelines and procedures for the CO technology environment.
- Provide leadership of the ICT team for effective and client-oriented services.
- Analyze the requirement for and elaborate internal policies and procedures on the use of ICT.
- Conduct market research and analysis and introduce new technology for country office system updating and improvement.
Manage engagement with CO Operations and Programme teams to ensure their automation and digitalization needs are met.
- Develop new software and oversee development of the new software packages (in-house or on the market), as required, for high impact results (e.g. office management system, electronic registry, intranet, etc).
- Develop new automation tools using UNDP corporately developed platforms.
- Develop Terms of Reference (TOR) for software products and provide monitoring and evaluation support to Programme teams during the development life cycle.
- Provide in-house development of tools for programme and operations when needed.
- Identify opportunities and ways of converting business processes into web-based systems to address the issues of efficiency (e.g. office management systems, donor profile software, knowledge management systems).
- Provide technical advice on web applications, development, management, hosting, publication, and maintenance.
Ensure facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO.
- Identify and promote different systems and applications for optimal content management, knowledge management and sharing, and information provision.
- Synthesize lessons learned and best practices directly linked to ICT management.
- Provide sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Achieve Results: LEVEL 1: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline.
- Think Innovatively: LEVEL 1: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements.
- Learn Continuously: LEVEL 1: Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback.
- Adapt with Agility: LEVEL 1: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible.
- Act with Determination: LEVEL 1: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident.
- Engage and Partner: LEVEL 1: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships.
- Enable Diversity and Inclusion: LEVEL 1: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination.
Cross-Functional & Technical competencies
Information Management &Technology
- Solutions Architecture: Ability to design and manage the Information system architecture supporting corporate business processes. Design integration strategies and approaches to integrate of one or more applications or services to maintain a coherent and effective IT architecture.
Digital & Innovation
- Programming, Web and App Development: Ability to build websites, platforms and apps that are effective and intuitive to use.
- Visualization & mapping: Ability to visualize and clarify ideas, processes or (complex) situations by making quick sketches, drawings or using diagrams, illustrations, photos, videos, animations, three dimensional mock-ups to support group dialogues, reflection, ideation, problem solving or decision making. Using abstraction, analogical and metaphorical thinking to create compelling visuals, maps, models or embodied thinking that provide new perspectives and help a group of disparate actors to find a common language and develop a shared mental model. Ability to quickly grasp the dynamics of a complex system, identify key elements, entities and their relations, create maps or models that help people inside the system, or outsiders, understand its dynamics; being able to swiftly make sense of an undifferentiated mass of information, extract its very essence, and turn that into key messages and visualizations.
Information Management &
- Network, Communication and Infrastructure Management Technology: Ability to develop/integrate/operate/manage IT network, communications, Cloud or on-premises infrastructure, and new technologies like IoT. Cisco CCIE CCNP or similar is desirable.
- Customer Satisfaction/Client Management: Ability to respond timely and appropriately with a sense of urgency, provide consistent solutions, and deliver timely and quality results and/or solutions to fulfil and understand the real customers' needs. Provide inputs to the development of customer service strategy. Look for ways to add Value beyond clients' immediate requests. Ability to anticipate client's upcoming needs and concerns.
- System Thinking: Ability to use objective problem analysis and judgement to understand how interrelated elements coexist within an overall process or system, and to consider how altering one element can impact on other parts of the system.
- Advanced university degree (Master´s degree or equivalent) in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or relevant field.
- A first-level university degree (bachelor’s degree) in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or relevant field in combination with an additional two years of qualifying experience will be given due consideration in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Up to 2 years (with Master’s degree) or minimum 2 years (with Bachelor’s degree) of relevant experience in web development (full stack developing), maintaining dashboards, web-based input programs and GIS/MIS applications etc.
- Experience with GIS/MIS data visualization and management technologies (such as ArcGIS, QGIS, and PostGIS etc.) is an asset.
- Experience managing IT infrastructure and providing technical support to end-users is an asset.
- Understanding of DevOps and experience with tools like Git, Jenkins, or Docker.
- Familiarity with cloud services like AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud.
- Knowledge of Oracle VCBS, Microsoft tools and equivalent an asset.
- Excellent communication and teamwork abilities.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Urdu are required.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: