Senior Project Assistant (G6)
The OSCE Programme Office in Dushanbe promotes the implementation of OSCE principles and commitments, as well as the co-operation of the Republic of Tajikistan within the OSCE framework in all three dimensions. It is involved in a wide range of activities, ranging from counter-terrorism and border management projects to supporting cross-border markets and free economic zones, human rights, media development, and legal reform initiatives.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
The Senior Project Assistant will work under the Extra-Budgetary Project of “Strengthening and supporting Women`s Resource Centers in Tajikistan”. Under the overall supervision of the National Project Officer the successful candidate will be tasked with the following duties:
- Collecting, checking and analyzing regular financial reports from the Women's Resource Centres, including carrying out specific operational and control tasks for programme implementation versus expenditure and reporting and contributes substantially to project reporting, especially financial reporting;
- Maintaining close and regular contact with the Women's Resource Centres;
- Supporting and strengthening the capacity-building of the Women's Resource Centres in their administrative and financial planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting, including on procurement, taxation issues, pension and social compliance against OSCE rules, and advices on some national legislation;
- Supporting and training Implementing Partners in their financial reporting, for example in taxation, pension, social charges and verification of financial and administration documents;
- Developing substantive inputs to IPAs and Terms of Reference for experts according to OSCE regulations;
- Carrying out regular monitoring from Dushanbe and through field visits and regularly liaising counterparts in the regions in order to assess the quality of planning, implementation and reporting, and supports the IPs accordingly;
- Maintaining and keeping registers on the status of reports, keeping files and updating project records, keeping correspondence with ministries, governmental and public institutions, OSCE institutions, donors, and relevant international organizations and NGOs and drafting internal reports, requests, minutes of meetings and preparing separate financial reports to donors based on applicable pledges;
- Developing the process of acquiring additional Women`s Resources Centers, including planning and reviewing competitive selection processes of new partners, assisting in their establishment, introduction and reporting against the OSCE regulations;
- Attending relevant internal and external meetings and events and, where appropriate and at request of supervisor, to deputize for the supervisor at such events; takes and drafts minutes of all meetings attended;
- Performing other duties as required.
Please note that this is an extra-budgetary post and initial appointment will be for one year. Further extension of the post is subject to availability of Extra-Budgetary funds.
For more detailed information on the structure and work of the OSCE Programme Office in Dushanbe, please see: http://www.osce.org/programme-office-in-dushanbe
- Secondary education supplemented by professional courses/trainings in administration, economics, accounting, political science, gender studies;
Minimum of six years of relevant working experience in the field of community development, gender equality especially in combination with administrative or financial experience;
Significant experience developing and implementing projects with Implementing Partners, including budgeting, verification of financial and administrative documents, financial reporting, taxation reporting and preferably some narrative reporting;
Demonstrated analytical and reporting skills, especially financial, experience in the development and evaluation of project proposals or the selection of Implementing Partners an asset;
Demonstrated success in developing productive relationships with local government officials and civil society organizations;
Sound knowledge of national legislation applicable to both international organizations and civil society, especially on taxation rules;
Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Russian in addition to Tajik;
Computer literate with practical experience with Microsoft applications;
Demonstrated gender awareness and sensitivity, and an ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities;
- Ability and willingness to work as a member of team, with people of different cultural, and religious backgrounds, different gender, and diverse political views, while maintaining impartiality and objectivity;
Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deductions is 1,062.33 EUR. Social benefits will include participation in the Cigna medical insurance scheme and the OSCE Provident Fund.
If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under https://vacancies.osce.org/.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise/re-post the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
Only those candidates who are selected to participate in the subsequent stages of recruitment will be contacted.
Please note that vacancies in the OSCE are open for competition only amongst nationals of participating States, please see https://www.osce.org/participating-states.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the Organization.
Candidates should be aware that OSCE officials shall conduct themselves at all times in a manner befitting the status of an international civil servant. This includes avoiding any action which may adversely reflect on the integrity, independence and impartiality of their position and function as officials of the OSCE. The OSCE is committed to applying the highest ethical standards in carrying out its mandate. For more information on the values set out in OSCE Competency Model, please see https://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/our-competency-model.
Please note that for this position the OSCE does not reimburse expenses such as travel in connection with interviews, tests, visas and relocation.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.