Human Resources Director
iMMAP Inc. is an international nongovernmental organization that provides information management services to humanitarian and development organizations. Through information management, we help our partners target assistance to the world’s most vulnerable populations. Our core philosophy is that better data leads to better decisions and that better decisions lead to better outcomes. iMMAP Inc.’s critical support to information value chains helps to solve operational and strategic challenges of our partners in both emergency and development contexts by enabling evidence-based decision-making for better outcomes.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Human Resources Director is responsible for the overall management of Global Human Resources of the organization. He/she leads the proper implementation of HR policies and practices and advises the CEO, Directors, and other senior managers on HR related matters. The Human Resources Director provides leadership and oversight for iMMAP Inc.’s global human resource function and ensures the effective and efficient use of iMMAP Inc’s human resources across the organization. He/she is responsible for all aspects of human resources operations, talent acquisition, organizational development, staff engagement efforts, and other critical processes and programs managed and supported by iMMAP Inc.’s HR unit. The HR Director is responsible for designing and executing a progressive, flexible, and inclusive talent management program, ensuring iMMAP Inc. continues to develop, engage, and inspire staff in a manner aligned with iMMAP Inc.’s mission, values and management practices and reflects its commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Description of Duties
The Human Resources Director will perform the following tasks and responsibilities (non-exhaustive list and likely to evolve according to the needs of the organization):
Task 1: Define and implement iMMAP Inc.’s HR policy and strategy in line with its objectives and values and manage the Human Resources department
· Develop and implement a Global Human Resources strategy and ensure its permanent evolution as part of IMMAP Inc.'s Strategic Directions.
· Ensure integration of diversity, equity, and inclusiveness (DEI) into HR policies, processes, and practices related to recruitment, performance management, pay and talent development.
· Lead change initiatives designed to drive organization effectiveness, productivity, growth and development through a diversity, equity, and inclusion lens.
· Organize and lead the Human Resources Department and supervise the people and services directly attached to it.
· Recruit within the HR department according to the needs and in accordance with the budget.
· Pilot the action plans of the Human Resources Department and organize the follow-up by setting up dashboards.
· Participate in the meetings of the Management and ensure the implementation of the decisions taken.
· Define the HR policy within IMMAP Inc. in line with the values and missions of IMMAP Inc.
· Drive the preparation of the annual HR strategy and the inherent budget and coordinate its overall implementation.
· Anticipate risks related to Human Resources.
· Ensure the implementation of HR rules of iMMAP Inc.
Task 2: Ensure the coherence of work organization through administrative, legal, and social management
· Develop, propose, and monitor the implementation of the fair wage policy adapted to the cost of living.
· Ensure organizational chart consistency and compliance with the iMMAP Inc. Classification and salary grid.
· Ensure fairness in staff compensation practices.
· Supervise the administrative and disciplinary management and annual performance management program of personnel in the field and at the headquarters (employees).
· Review iMMAP Inc.’s legal position regarding the hiring of personnel as employees versus consultants.
· Ensure social protection adapted to different statuses and according to internal policies.
· Ensures the implementation of supplemental insurance contracts.
· Manage the validation of the HR reporting tools and personnel databases.
· Validate HR rules and tools, organize their implementation and respect in headquarters and country offices.
· Manage comprehensive administration and records for HR activities.
Task 3: Ensure the recruitment and training of all personnel and promote career management
· Establish transparent and fair processes for recruitment, access to training, promotion, and internal mobility in accordance with the legality and rules of iMMAP Inc.
· Develop and implement a talent management strategy, including ensuring training plans are aligned with regional and functional capacity building efforts.
· Mobilize all necessary means to find the profiles adapted to vacancies.
· Ensure that all employees benefit regularly from formalized quality assessment interview(s) according to schedule.
Task 4: Supervise staff administration at headquarters and payroll at headquarters.
· Define the implementation of administrative and pay procedures that ensure compliance with the social legislation and rules of iMMAP Inc. and donors.
· Ensure the quality of personnel management and payroll tools, reliability, and data availability.
· Ensure compliance with iMMAP contractual commitments vis-à-vis its employees.
Task 5: Prevent and manage fraud, corruption, abuse of power, nepotism, favoritism, and misconduct
· Identify the risks of fraud and corruption on its business and the implementation of preventive actions and control.
· Alert the Management in cases of fraud and corruption and the implementation of corrective actions.
· Contribute to the prevention and treatment of abuse of power, nepotism, favoritism, and misconduct.
· Implement HR investigations at the request of Management.
· Follow-up of complaints lodged through the dedicated anonymous reporting channels.
· Respond to and manage employee relations cases, grievances, and conflicts and work closely with outside legal counsel to resolve.
· Implement recommendations of controls and audits.
Task 6: Provide technical support to country offices on the implementation and adaptation of policies and HR development (or ad hoc support to country offices as needed)
· Collaborate with designated in-country representatives to ensure that human resources systems, policies and procedures are developed, continuously monitored, and updated, and are compliant with local laws and organization standards.
· Develop, implement, and monitor all human resources country office activities including recruitment, performance management, compensation and benefits and compliance to ensure smooth functioning, communication, and coordination with Headquarters.
· Ensure that contractual, compensation, financial and legal issues follow the local laws and in accordance with Headquarters policy.
· Provide recruitment support for Country Directors and ensure that on-boarding systems and processes are in place.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in human resources management with an international development organization and/or international, non-profit organizations (larger than $10M), multi-office, multi-national environment with a demonstrated track record of progressively increasing responsibility required.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field and/or the Social Sciences is required. A Master’s degree in a related field and/or the Social Sciences is preferred. SHRM-SCP and/or SPHR certification required.
- Demonstrated track record of designing, implementing, and oversight of key aspects of an organization’s human capital functions including, but not limited to: talent acquisition and retention, benefit planning and administration, culture and organization development, HR change management, performance management, employee relations, training and development, immigration and work permits, overall human resources compliance and fully integrating a focus on diversity, equity and inclusiveness into each of these functions.
- Experience with and commitment to working in a diverse and multi-cultural environment.
- Highly collaborative and able to establish positive working relationships with all stakeholders to maximize cooperation and productivity.
- Experience supporting HR for field-based staff at an international organization required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal, and cross-cultural skills; and ability to engage with staff at all levels and geographies of the organization.
- Willingness to travel internationally.
- Ability to apply discretion and handle sensitive confidential information.
- Proven ability to handle multiple and competing demands.
- Fluency in English required, multi-language a plus.
- Ability to resist pressure and keep calm in complex situations.
- Willingness to work under tight deadlines.
Personnel is expected to conduct itself in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and iMMAP Inc.’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all Countries. iMMAP Inc. has zero-tolerance for sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, human trafficking, child abuse and exploitation. Any violations of these principles and policies will be treated as serious misconduct.
iMMAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of background.
Please be aware that screening and interviews may occur before the closing date of the vacancy.
Start date: ASAP
End date: 31 December 2024
Interested in this offer ? Please apply through: https://careers.immap.org/jobs/1052
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: