Senior Advisor - Ecosystem Services (m-f-d)
FSC works to take care of our forests and those who rely on them: by protecting plant and animal species, Indigenous Peoples’ rights, forest workers’ safety, and much more. We achieve this through FSC certification, ensuring forests around the world are responsibly managed. For more information on FSC, visit our website at www.fsc.org.
To effectively meet the challenge of protecting the world’s forests, we are committed to ensuring we have the world’s most skilled people working with us. This commitment extends to everyone that works in FSC around the world: from those that lead the design of policies and standards, to those that roll out those same policies and standards on the ground, and to those that provide us with backbone to do our work.
We are looking for an engaged Senior Advisor - Ecosystem Services, who brings solid expertise and a passion for FSC’s mission, to work with us in a multinational environment.
To lead the development and deployment of FSC’s new ground-breaking offerings for the nature-based solutions markets. With strong topic and market expertise, the selected candidate will develop and nurture FSC’s value propositions to nature-based solutions market actors, though strengthening the FSC Ecosystem Services procedure, building and coordinating critical integrity infrastructure and safeguards such as a registry, and managing relationships with investors and commercial partners globally in collaboration with the FSC Network Partners.
Main Roles and Responsibilities
Commercial and market development
- Lead development and integrity of FSC value proposition as certification basis for ecosys-tem services - with a focus on carbon and biodiversity but additional guidance on water, soil, and recreational & cultural services;
- Oversee global product development activities, paying special attention to claims and integri-ty systems;
- Serve as an expert on commercial and development partnerships with carbon and biodiver-sity crediting standards, especially on integrity matters such as registry linking, trademark use, and commercial agreements.
Global support center for ecosystem services
- Serve as technical lead for the FSC Ecosystem Services Procedure revision process and development of related guidance documents;
- Serve as an expert on trends, prices and products (e.g., crediting mechanisms, discussions about offsetting and neutralization);
- Serve as FSC’s main contact point on all matters related to FSC’s role in Nature-based Solu-tions markets;
- Support, participate in, or guide internal and external development projects and research
- Develop, and promote FSC as a solution for enhanced market integrity.
Topical Lead on Climate and Ecosystem Services technology needs, especially related to data provision and data warehousing.
Coordination and representation
- Coordinate with FSC Network Partners, representatives, and other regional and global topic leads.
- Represent FSC in expert groups, working groups, external projects and market related events on forest carbon and in general nature-based solutions.
Any other task as assigned by formal supervisor and project work as assigned according to spe-cial organizational needs.
Qualification, Experience and Skills
Education and Training
- University degree or equivalent training or experience in a relevant field (for example Forest-ry, Environmental Economics, Sustainability)
Working Experience, Style and Skills
- At least 10 years of professional experience in roles with exposure to and interaction with one or more of the major Nature-based Solutions markets, preferably on forest carbon and biodiversity.
- Proven track record and solid experience with corporate climate regulations, ESG/CSR re-porting or similar.
- Strong communication and informal skills, trusted relationship builder with networking skills.
- Strategic thinking and business mindset, a solution- and service-oriented attitude to work, and a proven ability to plan and organize.
- Ability to work well as a member of a multi-cultural, inter-disciplinary, multi-lingual, global team.
- Experience with standard software packages (MS Office)
Language and Communication Skills
- Fluency in English.
- Additional fluency in Spanish or French is a plus.
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills.
Terms and Conditions
- Location: Bonn – remote location within EU possible.
- Working Hours: Consultancy-based and/or full-time (40 hours per week). Part time of 60% or more could be considered.
- Duration of Employment: 2 years (extension possible, subject to satisfactory performance).
- Starting Date: As soon as possible.
- Travel: sporadic travel is required.
How to Apply
- Please apply via our website by submitting your CV in English.
- Please do not send any photos of yourself.
- The deadline for applications is 03 September 2023.
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
We will confirm receipt of your application. However, only candidates shortlisted for an interview will be further contacted and will receive notice of the outcome of the selection process. Should you not receive a confirmation of receipt please check your spam filter and if you cannot find it there con-tact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For FSC, inclusiveness and diversity are important values. As such, we welcome and encour-age applications from all backgrounds and are entirely committed to consider all qualified ap-plicants regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age and disability.
Please be informed, that by applying for this position you automatically accept our Data Protection Information on processing your personal data.
We are looking forward to your application!
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: