Coordinator, Physical Services Development and POC Matters
Vacancy Announcement No: UPU/23/P5/FT-C/418
Title: Coordinator, Physical Services Development and POC Matters
Type of contract: Fixed-term (Core) Appointment
Duration: Three years
7 August 2023
Original published date: 7 August 2023
Application Deadline: 10 December 2023
(9 day(s) until closing deadline)
Republished (Currently accepting applications)
Organizational Unit: Postal Operations Directorate (DOP )
Scheduled date for taking up appointment: As soon as possible
With its 192 member countries, the Universal Postal Union (UPU), a specialized agency of the United Nations, is the primary forum for cooperation between postal sector players. It helps to ensure a truly universal network of up-to-date products and services.
Under the general guidance of the Director, the Coordinator will:
- Manage and supervise the Physical Services Development and POC Matters Programme, E-Commerce and Market Development Programme, Direct Mail Advisory Board and Addressing and Physical Services Programme to ensure the effective implementation of their respective activities
- Supervise and manage studies, activities and projects relevant to physical services and market development, including e-commerce, and addressing assistance.
- Coordinate and manage human resources for daily activities relating to e-commerce, physical services integration, market development and addressing assistance.
- Lead the secretariat support (including as Secretary) for the related POC bodies. .
- Represent the organization to external organizations within the competencies of the incumbent.
- Formulate physical service enhancements, carry out market development research, and produce addressing assistance strategies.
1. Overall strategy and direction for all activities under the Coordinator’s supervision:
- Formulate strategy related to UPU physical services development, market development and addressing assistance;
- Formulate proposals related to physical services development, market development and addressing assistance;
- Coordinate the implementation of the respective strategies for physical services development, market development (including e-commerce) and addressing assistance;
- Coordinate the implementation of strategic activities with other directorates and programmes.
2. Operational management, supervision of the programme's key projects, and technical advice:
In the area of postal physical services development, market development and addressing assistance, in connection with e-commerce and rationalization of existing postal physical services:
- Develop, formulate, implement, monitor and evaluate project/business/activity plans of the programme;
- Provide advice and develop proposals for research and analysis of topics related to the above areas;
- Supervise, lead and improve, if necessary, research and surveys conducted by the programmes;
- Ensure the accuracy, availability and timeliness of information provided to the UPU bodies (committees, standing groups, task forces and stakeholders);
- Write and/or validate reports with comments and recommendations on industry and other relevant information related to physical services, market development and addressing assistance;
- Provide technical support to relevant UPU bodies involved in the programme’s activities by drafting product specifications, operational rules and provisions in the applicable regulations;
- Provide advice on complex and sensitive issues.
3. Resource and programme management:
- Lead and manage the programmes ensuring coordination and oversight of their work, promoting an environment of professional inquisitiveness, anticipating new challenges, seeking solutions and evaluating their effectiveness, and demonstrating a commitment to excellence;
- Initiate the development and implementation of the programmes’ work plans, including forecasts, priorities and anticipated requirements in terms of human and financial resources;
- Achieve annual service targets and ensure that the programmes perform within budget, obtaining efficiency gains;
- Ensure that all policies, processes and procedures, workflows and systems in place are relevant and cost-effective;
- Human resources: Lead, motivate and guide staff, draw up their work plans and performance objectives, provide regular feedback on their performance, recognize good performance, and address issues of unsatisfactory performance.
- Financial resources: Direct and supervise budget preparation, implementation, management and reporting for the programmes, and establish measures to monitor resources.
4. Secretariat to UPU bodies:
- Lead the secretariat support (including as Secretary) for the related POC bodies Prepare draft agendas, documents, proposals, recommendations and meeting reports;
- Finalize scripts, meeting guidelines, briefing notes and other documents as necessary;
- Provide advice and briefings to the chairs of the UPU bodies, within the competency of the programme.
- Represent the organization at external meetings and conferences associated with physical products, market development and addressing assistance;
- Build relationships and strengthen partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Report to member countries on the activities of the programme and provide them with the results obtained.
|QUALIFICATION AND SKILLS REQUIRED|
Advanced university degree (master's or similar) or first-level university degree (bachelor's or similar) in economics, administration, marketing and/or international business.
With advanced university degree, at least 10 years' experience, or with first-level university degree, at least 12 years' experience in product-related management in the national and international postal field, acquired in the national postal sector or in an international organization.
1. Extensive knowledge of the international letter-/parcel-post business, including regulatory and operational issues.
2. Full, up-to-date knowledge of the dynamics affecting the design, development and operations of physical products and the opportunities/threats in the market.
3. Knowledge of macroeconomic issues and how these relate to the postal sector and its socio-economic trends.
4. Knowledge of sources for data collection and statistics as well as quantitative economic tools and analyses.
5. Familiarity with the workings of the UPU bodies, resulting from participation in the meetings of these bodies.
6. Project management and reporting skills.
7. Reporting/writing and time management skills.
Skills and abilities / competencies:
1. Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to maintain harmonious working relations with staff at all levels in a multicultural environment.
2. Aptitude for planning and organizing, with skills in setting priorities and allocating appropriate resources.
3. Excellent communication skills, including the ability to explain product issues and analysis clearly and effectively.
4. Ability to set ambitious objectives and obtain results.
5. Readiness for self-development, including efforts to keep abreast of information and product/market trends.
Proficiency in English or French. Working knowledge of the other language would be an asset.
French is the official language of the UPU. English and French are the working languages of the UPU International Bureau.
Priority shall be given for an internal promotion.
Candidates might be considered for other similar posts (for a period not exceeding one year).
The UPU is committed to encouraging diversity within its workforce. Interested candidates from minority groups and/or with disabilities are encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated equally and in the strictest confidence.
Candidates must ensure that they provide relevant contact details so that they can be contacted at any time, to prevent them from being excluded from the selection process.
The UPU is committed to securing the highest standards of efficiency, competence and integrity for its staff members. In this regard, candidates under serious consideration for selection may be subject to satisfactory background checks aimed at validating the educational and professional background records as indicated by candidates in their respective application forms.
(Net of tax)
|Post adjustment: 86.7 % of the above figure(s). This percentage is to be considered as indicative since variations may occur each month either upwards or downwards due to currency exchange rate fluctuations or inflation.|
|The conditions of service are governed by the Staff Regulations and Rules of the International Bureau of the Universal Postal Union.|
|Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application form.
All applications must be received by the closing date as stated in the vacancy announcement.
Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
|Applications from women and member states are particularly encouraged.
The UPU promotes diversity and work-life balance.
|For further instructions regarding the online application process, please visit the UPU internet page at:|
|Republished (Currently accepting applications)|
|The UPU has a smoke-free environment|