Sexual and reproductive health rights advisor (F/M) - Ukaine
For more than 40 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies.
Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in 30 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
Three MdM chapters are directly implementing activities in Ukraine:
- MdM Spain has the lead for global MdM response in the country and covers Kiev and surroundings, Donbass, Kharkiv, Zaporidja
- MdM Germany covers Dnipro and Vinitsia
- MdM France covers the Southern part, Odessa, Mykolaiv, Kherson
In Mykolaiv oblast, MdM-F supports Mykolaiv Ukrainian Red Cross Society (URCS) in restoring access to primary health care and Mental Health and Psychosocial Services (MHPSS) for populations affected by the conflict. The component of sexual and reproductive health, as well as Gender Based Violence is part of this project.
In Odessa oblast, MdM-F collaborates with the LIGA association, a LGBTQI+ organisation dedicated to sensitize about LGBTQI+ topics, offering STIs and HIV testing, and offering temporary shelter for IDPs arriving in Odessa because of the war. MdM-F will financially support this organisation and provide a medical doctor for general consultations to the beneficiaries of LIGA, including sex workers. The SRHR advisor will be in charge of overviewing/capacitating the medical staff on CMR, GBV and general SRHR and gender cross-cutting issues.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the supervision of the health coordinator, you are in charge of providing technical supervision of the implementation of the mission’s SRHR and GBV activities.
You lead/supervise teams internally and externally. You will also oversee relevant GBV issues and develop/adjust specific interventions to address services and/or sector gaps and needs.
Your main responsibilities are the following:
Organization, coordination and supervision of SRHR and GBV activities
- Understand and document the national SRHR strategy
- Carry out and update the mapping of the actors involved in the response to SRHR and GBV
- Lead the definition and adaptation of the strategy
- Ensure the quality of GBV activities
- Support MdM team and partners for implementation of SRHR activities
- Create and disseminate tools, guidelines and training and awareness-raising materials
- Monitor and provide technical advice and recommendations
- Ensure the development, implementation and update of tools
- Develop and monitor local partnerships
- Participate in the writing of projects/proposals
- Manage the programme’s implementation, follow up the budget and project planning
Capacity building & Training
- Identify the capacity building needs
- Diffuse and adapt training manuals
- Organise/facilitate training on SRHR and GBV prevention and response
- Provide technical support to medical activities manager, MdM staff and partners
- Collaborate with the programme team to set up a capacity building plan
- Organize training and mentoring of the national MdM SRHR advisor
Communication, advocacy and representation
- Participate in the development of external and internal communication strategy and tools
- Participate in the dissemination of MdM's approach, results and lessons learnt
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the advocacy strategy
- Represent MdM at thematic workshops, conferences and strategic meetings
Reporting, information management and internal coordination
- Ensure that SRHR/GBV data are collected, encoded and analysed
- Make sure that the GBV data management system is in place
- Contribute to the capitalization of MdM's response in Ukraine
- Share with the programme/medical team any difficulties met in the field
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Status : Employee Contract : Fixed-term contract
Duration : 4 months
Starting date: as soon as possible and for a duration of 4 months
Gross monthly salary: 3319 euros
Premium equal to one month salary paid in two instalments minimum of 6 months seniority required
Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
22.5 recovery days per year
5 weeks of paid leaves per year
Health insurance (60% covered by MdM and 40% by the employee)
Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility
As part of our measures to combat money laundering and financing of terrorism, any selected candidate may be subject to a background check on international sanctions lists (UN, the EU, France, the United States…). This information is handled confidentially and stored on a secure server. For more information on the processing of personal data throughout this process: http://bit.ly/3CSTDYO
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
Medical doctor/nurse with SRH experience, midwife, gynaecologist-obstetrician (preferred) or social sciences Master’s degree with demonstrated skills and knowledge on GBV and SRHR issues
Training and proofed knowledge of GBV and clinical management of rape
Demonstrated professional experience of 3 to 5 years in the humanitarian field, including at least 1 INGO
Experience in technical support to partners, advocacy, and network facilitation
Excellent knowledge of international standards and guidelines on SHRH and prevention and response to GBV in humanitarian contexts
Ability to plan for prevention and response to GBV
Ability to analyse the context, trends, and risk/protection factors
Understand activity follow-up indicators
Strong ability to lead a team of direct and indirect co-workers, including partners, and to mobilize skills in a multicultural environment
Excellent knowledge of Windows environment (word, excel)
English is mandatory (oral and written)
Knowledge of any other local language is an asset (Russian, Ukrainian)
You embrace the core values and support the proactive philosophy of Médecins du Monde.
TELEPHONE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
Médecins du Monde reserves the right to fill the vacancy before the closing date for applications.
MdM stands up for the integration of people living with disabilities and fights against discrimination.
Please click on the following link to apply: http://www.jobs.net/j/JdBxVmwK?idpartenaire=128