Senior Specialist, Assessment (International Position)
The OSC: The Organisation of Southern Cooperation (OSC) is an international intergovernmental organisation, founded in January 2020 by countries from across the Global South, to “contribute to the equitable, just, and prosperous social transformation of societies by promoting balanced and inclusive education, in order to attain the fundamental rights to liberty, justice, dignity, sustainability, social cohesion, and material and immaterial security for the peoples of the world”.
The main functions of the Department of SEED are, accordingly, to:
- Provide Technical support, from a systematic perspective, in order to build balanced and inclusive educational systems
- Provide technical support and institutional capacity building in the areas of systemic governance, curricula, teacher training and assessments
- Host and administer the OEC Institute of Training
Under the overall authority of the Secretary General, guidance of the USG, SEED and direct supervision of the Chief of Section Curriculum Transformation, Pedagogy & Assessment, the Specialist, Assessment would be responsible for closely working on development of training modules around systemic assessment in addition to contributing in developing the diagnostic tool from the systemic assessment perspective.
- Support and build the capacity of education officials and institutes, responsible for carrying out assessments in member states, in reviewing the effectiveness of their existing assessment apparatus for students as well as systems assessments.
- Develop training modules around systemic assessment to train key officials from member states.
- Co-develop and design diagnostic tools, techniques, and processes to assess the effectiveness of various education sub-systems, identifying gaps and areas for improvement.
- Work with officials/specialists in member states to improve the assessment of the educational system as a whole, reflecting the spirit of balanced and inclusive education.
- Identify and collate relevant knowledge/expertise around the area of systemic assessment to feed into assessment systems and processes in the countries of the Global South.
- Build capacities of key professionals in member states to interpret systemic assessment findings; analyse and compile comprehensive statistical and narrative data; and assist with the preparation of official assessment reports to summarise findings.
- Strong understanding and proven experience in the domain of alternative/systemic assessment models.
- Strong demonstrated experience in proposing, designing, developing, and executing assessment models.
- Excellent proven experience in developing tools, techniques, process guidelines, manuals, and frameworks around assessment.
- Good understanding in designing, developing, and executing technology-led assessment systems.
- Excellent oral and strong written communication skills.
- Ability to draw clear, concise, and executable work plans.
- Strong conceptual thinking skills and ability to put them into action.
- Ability to operate sensitively and effectively in a multicultural environment and deal with cross-cultural sensitivity.
- At least 5 years ‘of direct work experience in the area of systemic assessment in government or a reputed National – International entity/ institute
- At least 5 years of work experience around supporting National Institutions in countries on establishing alternate systemic assessment systems and processes;
- At least 5 years of experience in building tools, techniques, process guidelines around systemic assessment
- Strong knowledge base of PISA and other standard assessment systems to be able to build an alternate system of systemic assessment.
- Master’s degree (or higher) in Educational System assessment, pupil and teacher assessment or any other related field.
Candidate must at least be fluent in English and French; Additional knowledge of one or more other official languages (Arabic, Spanish) will be treated as an asset.
Send your Resume and Cover Letter to:
- Subject: Job Title
This position is based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia and open to international applicants. (Applications South America and Asia Pacific highly encouraged).
Female Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Position open until filled.