Yemen : Country Logistics Manager – Sanaa (with 25 % travels to field locations)
Fixed Term | 12 months | Mid-october 2023
For the past 30 years, international NGO Acted has been going the last mile to save lives. Currently, Acted supports 20 million people across 43 countries to meet their needs in hard-to-reach areas – and pursues a triple mandate as a humanitarian, environmental and development aid actor. Acted relies on an in-depth knowledge of local territories and contexts to develop and implement relevant long-term actions, with a wide range of local and international partners, building together a “3ZERO” world: Zero Exclusion, Zero Carbon, Zero Poverty
Acted has been present in Yemen since 2012 with a coordination office in Sanaa, and 6 area offices in Aden, Al Dhalee, Marib, Saadah, Dhamar, and Al Hudaydah. Acted currently intervenes in 8 governorates (Aden, Al Dhalee, Al Hudaydah, Abyan, Marib, Raymah, Saadah, and Dhamar). Key areas of intervention focus on providing emergency response, Durable Solutions, and sustainable development depending on each governorate’s unique circumstances. Acted achieves these goals by focusing on several key sectors, namely: WASH, Food Security and Livelihoods, Sustainable Agriculture, Camp Coordination and Camp Management (CCCM), Infrastructure Rehabilitation, Economic Recovery, Capacity-Building of Local Civil Service Organizations, and Cash & Voucher Programs. Acted is a proud member of the Cash Consortium of Yemen (CCY), Yemen Displacement Response (YDR) consortium, and recently led a flagship consortium project focused on developing Pathways to Durable Solutions for IDPs in Yemen.
Prior to the commencement of conflict in Yemen in 2015, Acted focused more heavily on development projects (infrastructure, sustainable WASH, etc.), whereas the needs began to shift towards emergency response programming as the situation evolved. In response, Acted has adapted its programming to best suit the needs of each governorate, whether that be emergency response, sustainable development, or through a hybrid approach.
You will be in charge of
The Country Logistics Manager (CLM) is a key member of the Management Team at country level. Under the authority of the Country Director/Representative, the CLM is responsible for supply chain management intended to program implementation, as well as for logistical transversal management such as fleet, fuel, premises, assets & communication management. S/He should ensure compliance of all logistics operations in country with Acted logistics & donors’ procedures, best practices & national regulations, with an emphasis given to the value for money principle. He/She will also lead, provide technical support and capacity building to the country logistics staff.
Supply chain management
- Procurement: Ensure that any need should be delivered according to the defined chronogram, requested quality standards, and proper procurement scenario
- Stocks & deliveries: Ensure appropriate storage network & stock management standards across the country
Transversal logistical management
- Fleet & transportation: Deploy efficient transportation means across the country
- Fuel: Manage fuel supply across the country; anticipate & mitigate fuel supply risks, including quality requirements
- Asset: Deploy an efficient asset allocation & maintenance plan across the country
- Premises: Ensure proper working & living conditions for all staff in each premise at all times by maintaining an efficient general services approach
- Communications & IT management: Deploy an efficient IT plan across the country based on Acted global standard
Compliance & transparency
Expected skills and qualifications
- At least 2-3 years of working experience in logistics, supply chain management and/or security management and procedures;
- Ability to train, mobilize, and manage both international and national staff;
- Flexibility and ability to multi-task under pressure;
- Ability to work well in unstable and frequently changing security environments;
- Advanced proficiency in written and spoken English;
- Previous experience abroad is an asset.
- Salary between 3600 and 3800€ monthly (before income tax), depending on the level of education, security level, etc as well as a monthly living allowance of $300
- Accommodation and food provided in Acted guesthouse
- Pension, health insurance, life insurance and repatriation assistance (& unemployment insurance for EU citizens)
- Flight tickets every 6 months & visa fees covered
- Contribution to the luggage transportation: up to 100 kgs, depending on the length of the contract
- Rest & Recuperation (R&R) every 2 months, flight tickets covered up to $500 and allowance of $200
- Annual leave of 25 to 43 days per year
- One week pre-departure training in Acted HQ, including a 4-days in situ security training
- Tax advice (free 30-minute call with a tax consultant)
- Psychological assistance
Please send your application (CV and letter of motivation) by email (firstname.lastname@example.org), including the reference: CLM/YEM
Please note that Acted will never charge a fee for the recruitment process.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: