Grants officer (M/F) - Ethiopia
For more than 40 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies.
Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in 30 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
MdM is operating in Ethiopia since 1986 in different types of health projects from long-term interventions to emergency response.
In Tigray, the region has only started to recover from a devastating armed conflict between TPLF and the federal army that left millions of people traumatized and in desperate need of humanitarian assistance. MdM has recently opened a new EU-funded project in consortium with an Ethiopian partner to address war traumas and provide primary healthcare and nutrition services to the population in east Tigray.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the supervision of the general coordinator, you are responsible for grants management, writing quality proposals, reports, and project development material. You work in close collaboration with the medical coordinator and the desk manager at HQ. You ensure compliance with the donor’s requirements, rules, and regulations.
More specifically, your main responsabilities are:
Fundraising and grants
- Research potential grant opportunities from various sources, and maintain close coordination with the HQ grants department
- Keep donor mapping updated with grants opportunities, deadlines, application requirements etc.
- Organize meetings, follow up with potential donors and attend forums and meetings
- Manage the overall development of grant proposals
- Monitor and track the progress of submitted grant applications
- Contribute to writing narratives and preparing budgets
- Gather information and data required for grant applications
- Participate in grant-related meetings, discussions, and strategy sessions
Coordination and reporting
- Be responsible for stakeholder reporting
- Ensure timely submission of reports to HQ
- Ensure adherence to donor procedures, guidelines and deadlines
- Follow up on mission-level reportings
- Support the medical coordinator by taking the lead in the drafting of parts of the reports
- Work in close collaboration with the medical, logistics and finance departments to ensure consistency of report writing
- Act as a focal point for report-related queries
- Contribute to the development of fundraising material
- Support the general coordinator and field coordinators in the preparation of partnership agreements
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Status : Volunteer - VSI
Contract : Volunteer - VSI (French status)
Duration : 6 months
Starting date: as soon as possible
915 euros / month + perdiem
Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
2 paid leaves / months for contracts of 6 months or more
Social coverage (100% covered by MdM)
Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility
As part of our measures to combat money laundering and financing of terrorism, any selected candidate may be subject to a background check on international sanctions lists (UN, the EU, France, the United States…). This information is handled confidentially and stored on a secure server. For more information on the processing of personal data throughout this process: http://bit.ly/3CSTDYO
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED
Master’s degree in the following or related field: humanitarian management, development, international relations
At least 6 months of experience in a similar position
Experience in writing proposals/reports
Demonstrated experience in coordinating and preparing quality narrative and financial reports for a variety of donors
Experience developing and working with project budgets
Understanding of donor compliance, especially for ECHO, CDCS, AfD, EA, GFFO etc.
Experience in humanitarian and development context highly appreciated
Experience in multi-donors’ budgets and multi-countries grants
Ability to work under minimum of supervision
Reactivity, anticipation, adaptability, capacity to take initiative
Ability to classify and manage priorities
Listening and diplomacy skills
Ability to work in an unstable and volatile context
Knowledge of Windows environment and excellent experience with Microsoft Office
Languages: Fluent English and French, including excellent English and French writing. Amharic is an asset.
You embrace the core values and support the proactive philosophy of Médecins du Monde.
TELEPHONE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Médecins du Monde reserves the right to fill the vacancy before the closing date for applications.
MdM stands up for the integration of people living with disabilities and fights against discrimination.
To apply, click on the following link: http://www.jobs.net/j/JWxcULfo?idpartenaire=128