Moldova: Country Finance Volunteer – Chisinau
Internship | 6 months| early October
For the past 30 years, international NGO Acted has been going the last mile to save lives. Currently, Acted supports 20 million people across 43 countries to meet their needs in hard-to-reach areas – and pursues a triple mandate as a humanitarian, environmental and development aid actor. Acted relies on an in-depth knowledge of local territories and contexts to develop and implement relevant long-term actions, with a wide range of local and international partners, building together a “3ZERO” world: Zero Exclusion, Zero Carbon, Zero Poverty
As of February 24th, 2022, Acted deployed an emergency team in Moldova to support people who were affected by the conflict in Ukraine and had to cross the border.
Since then, Acted Moldova has developed to support all the most vulnerable and marginalized population of the country (refugees, stateless and Moldovan).
As UNHCR main implementing partner Acted is still in charge of:
- Transportation from the borders to several destinations in Moldova.
- Organizing site management support activities including infrastructure, distribution, coordination and information management in all Moldova’s RACs.
- Deploying a team of case workers around the country to ensure proper case management is delivered and the most vulnerable individuals are supported.
- Implementing Cash for Rent assistance to support refugee in mid-long terms accommodation and support the governement and the UN exit strategy.
To anticipate and support Moldova as a whole, Acted started implementing in 2023 Disaster Risk Reduction programming targeting Moldovan CSO and private sector in order to improve the country self-resilience.
In addition, and seeing the dire needs in Moldova Acted is developing 5 main pillars of activities which will cover both Moldovan and refugee:
- Infrastructure and shelter
- Protection and Civil Society
- Disaster Risk Reduction
- Waste and Ressource Management
- Socio – Economical development of rural areas
You will be in charge of
Under the authority of the Country Finance Manager, the Finance Volunteer (FV) will be in charge of supporting the Country Finance Team on the financial internal control of the mission. More specifically, she/he will be in charge of the reviewing and cross-checking accounting data and financial management and control tools’ data.
Contribute to Acted Compliance and Accountability
Control of Monthly Internal Reporting tools
- Accounting review ;
- Finance Follow Up review ;
- Cost Control ;
- HR follow up.
Provide support to the daily tasks
Expected skills and qualifications
- Msc in Finance, Audit, Business Management, Economics or equivalent;
- Finance and accounting skills required;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Excel (mastering of the main database management formulas);
- Ability to undertake responsibilities and to manage stress efficiently;
- Excellent communication skills, including advanced written and oral English;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- 300 USD per month living allowance
- Coverage of all accommodation, guesthouse, food, and travel costs, a luggage allowance of 50 kg
- The provision of medical, repatriation, and life insurance.
- One week pre-departure training in Acted HQ, including a 4-days in situ security training
- Psychological assistance
Please send your application (CV and letter of motivation) by email (firstname.lastname@example.org), including the reference: CFV/MOL
Please note that Acted will never charge a fee for the recruitment process.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: