Results-Based Management Officer
Org. Setting and Reporting
The Secretariat consists of the Office of the Secretary General, five Bureaus, seven Regional Offices, the Finance Branch, the Office of Internal Oversight, and the Ethics Office. The five Bureaus are as follows: the Air Navigation Bureau, the Air Transport Bureau, the Technical Co-operation Bureau, the Legal Affairs and External Relations Bureau, and the Bureau of Administration and Services, which are located at ICAO Headquarters in Montreal.
Under the overall direction of the Office of the Secretary General (OSG), the Strategic Planning, Coordination and Partnerships Office (SPCP) coordinates high-level and cross-cutting strategies and priorities among the different Bureaus and Offices, including the Regional Offices, of the Organization. In particular, the SPCP is responsible for ICAO Strategic Planning and Business Planning and the overall corporate performance and risks management framework, which form the basis for resource allocation and assist the Secretary General to monitor accountability and performance with respect to the implementation of initiatives.
The post of Results-Based Management Officer will report directly to the Chief, Strategic Planning and Regional Affairs Coordination (PRC), the incumbent will manage the Results- Based Management Project being delivered as a key element of ICAOs Transformational Objective, and carry out key functions to enable, support, deliver and monitor effective Strategic Planning and Business Planning.
Function1 (incl. Expected results)
Manages the RBM Project to implementation through effective co-ordination, oversight and stakeholder management, achieving results such as:
• Prepare a defined and detailed Project Plan including schedule, milestones and deliverables aligned to the RBM Roadmap.
• Execute and report deliverables ensuring Project aims and KPIs are met.
• Maintain a well critical path with associated regular status updates.
• Engage effectively and co-ordinate across the RBM Project workstreams, dependencies and stakeholders.
• Monitor, manage change, report and provide progress updates effectively.
• Manage risk, resource and financial management effectively.
• Prepare and execute training sessions for all staff, as well as specific training for Management.
Function 2 (incl. Expected results)
Operationalizes, manages and monitors the development and implementation of the ICAO Business Plan aligned to the RBM framework and Strategic Plan, achieving results such as:
• Prepare a fully costed and prioritized ICAO Triennium Business plan aligned to the Strategic Plan.
• Articulate clear outcomes, outputs, projects and deliverables consistent across all systems, reporting and documentation.
• Effective Bureau and Regional Office Triennium and Annual Plans with associated accountability for deliverables and KPIs.
• Maintain the Strategic and Business Planning Standard Operating Procedures with identified lessons learned incorporated to continuously improve.
• Monitor Effectively and dynamically and report across all elements, deliverables and KPIs of ICAO’s Strategic Plan and Business Plan.
• Make Data driven decisions regarding budget re-allocation and re-prioritization on a cyclical basis.
• Analyse the need of an Enterprise Project Management Office (PMO) and its potential functions to support RBM implementation.
• Ensure awareness of the development and implementation of the ICAO Business Plan among all staff (e.g. webinars, online workshops etc.)
Function 3 (incl. Expected results)
Enhances uptake and implementation of the corporate Performance Monitoring and reporting (CPMR) tool to support RBM mainstreaming within the organization, achieving results such as:
• Coordinate with IT on the development and implementation of the CPMR tool.
• Ensure the timely updates of data in the CPMR tool.
• Provide reports based on requests from Secretariat or from Council.
• Liaise with IT on the maintenance of the CPMR tool.
• Coordinate with other Bureaus on the compatibility between CPMR tool and other signature projects.
Function 4 (incl. Expected results)
Performs other related duties, as assigned.
Professionalism: Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Power Point. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailors language, tone, style, and format to match the audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
Planning and Organizing: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
Accountability: Takes ownership of all responsibilities and honours commitments; delivers outputs for which one has responsibility within prescribed time, cost and quality standards; operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules; supports subordinates, provides oversight and takes responsibility for delegated assignments; takes personal responsibility for his/her own shortcomings and those of the work unit, where applicable.
Judgment and Decision-making: Identifies the key issues in a complex situation, and comes to the heart of the problem quickly; gathers relevant information before making a decision; considers positive and negative impacts of decisions prior to making them; takes decisions with an eye to the impact on others and on the Organization; proposes a course of action or makes a recommendation based on all available information; checks assumptions against facts; determines that the actions proposed will satisfy the expressed and underlying needs for the decision; makes tough decisions when necessary.
• A first-level university degree in business administration, management, economics, or in a related field, is required.
• A minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in strategic planning and/or corporate management, is required.
• Demonstrable extensive expertise in the implementation of RBM principles and practice in UN agencies, is required.
• Extensive experience in a role related to Strategic Planning, results-based management, organizational change/transformation, performance monitoring and assessment, internal process reviews and/or audits, is required.
• Extensive experience in administration and implementation of strategic or operational (action) plans, is required.
• Extensive experience in developing strategic planning, results based KPIs and reporting frameworks, is required.
• Experience in managing complex cross functional change initiatives, is required.
• Demonstrable experience of Project Management, is required.
• Demonstrable experience in data analytical tools such as Power BI and Tableau, is required.
• Experience in programme management principles and methodologies, is desirable.
• Experience in an aviation organization, is desirable.
• Fluent reading, writing and speaking abilities in English.
• A working knowledge of any other language of the Organization (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish).
Evaluation of qualified candidates may include an assessment exercise which may be followed by competency-based interview.Special Notice
The ICAO Assembly recently reaffirmed its commitment to enhancing gender equality and the advancement of women by supporting UN Sustainable Development Goal 5 “Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls.”
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for ICAO positions, especially in the Professional and higher level categories.
It should be noted that this post is to be filled on a fixed-term basis for an initial period of one year.
ICAO staff members are international civil servants subject to the authority of the Secretary General and may be assigned to any activities or offices of the Organization, in accordance with the provisions of the ICAO service code.
ICAO staff members are expected to conduct themselves in a manner befitting their status as international civil servants. In this connection, ICAO has incorporated the 2013 Standards of Conduct for the International Civil Service into the ICAO Personnel Instructions.
ICAO offers an attractive benefit package to its employees in accordance with the policies of the International Civil Service Commission (ICSC).
The statutory retirement age for staff entering or re-entering service after 1 January 2014 is 65. For external applicants, only those who are expected to complete a term of appointment will normally be considered.
Remuneration: Level P-4 Rate Net Base Salary per annum + Post Adjustment (net) per annum(*)
USD $77,326 + USD $37,889
(*) Post Adjustment is subject to change.
United Nations Considerations
In accordance with ICAO Staff Regulations, the paramount consideration in the employment of the staff is the necessity of securing the highest standards of efficiency, competence, and integrity. Due regard shall be paid to the importance of recruiting staff on as wide a geographical basis as possible and ensuring equal gender representation. Subject to the foregoing, selection of staff members shall be made without distinction as to race, sex or religion, nor shall there be any discrimination on account of any disability of a candidate who meets the qualifications required to perform the tasks. Unless otherwise permitted under the ICAO Staff Regulations, appointment and promotion of staff members shall be made on a competitive basis.
Candidates will not be considered for employment with ICAO if they have committed violations of international human rights law, violations of international humanitarian law, sexual exploitation, sexual abuse, or sexual harassment, or if there are reasonable grounds to believe that they have been involved in the commission of any of these acts.
Candidates who have committed crimes other than minor traffic offences may not be considered for employment.
Applicants are urged to follow carefully all instructions available in the online recruitment platform, Inspira. For more detailed guidance, applicants may refer to the Manual for the Applicant, which can be accessed by clicking on “Manuals” hyper-link on the upper right side of the Inspira account-holder homepage.
The evaluation of applicants will be conducted on the basis of the information submitted in the application according to the evaluation criteria of the job opening and the applicable Staff Regulations and Rules, administrative issuances and guidelines. Applicants must provide complete and accurate information pertaining to their personal profile and qualifications according to the instructions provided in Inspira to be considered for the current job opening. No amendment, addition, deletion, revision or modification shall be made to applications that have been submitted. Candidates under serious consideration for selection will be subject to reference checks to verify the information provided in the application.
Job openings advertised in Inspira will be removed at 11:59 p.m. (New York time) on the deadline date.
ICAO does NOT charge any fees or request money from candidates at any stage of the recruitment process, nor does it concern itself with bank account details of applicants. Requests of this nature allegedly made on behalf of ICAO are fraudulent and should be disregarded.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: