Human Resources Junior Associate
Title: Human Resources Junior Associate
Location: Thies, Senegal
Reports to: Human Resources Manager
myAgro is a non-profit agritech social enterprise based in West Africa. We have developed a mobile savings model that allows farmers to invest their own funds in high-quality seed, fertilizer, and agricultural training to increase their harvest and income by 50-100%. Our North Star is to support 1 million farmers in 2026 - providing them the tools they need to prosper. Our organization has received recognition and support from Skoll Foundation, Echoing Green, World Bank, and The Audacious Project from TED. Learn more from our founder and CEO here.
About the Role:
The Senegal Human Resources Junior Associate role is an important part of the myAgro Senegal team. As myAgro Senegal increases the number of farmers we impact, you will support the entire employee lifecycle for the team creating this impact.
You will oversee daily operations for our HR Operations, from recruitment and contracts, all the way through to staff exits. You will do this by working with the dedicated Human Resources team. You will also support the HR Manager, Senegal in pushing forward strategy by providing monthly data and dashboards to review daily operations and suggest improvements.
Support all the components of daily Human Resources business by working with the HR team, including:
- Contracts’ administration and monitoring
- Payroll preparation through validation
- Policies & procedures’ review and implementation
- Leave monitoring
- Loans monitoring
- Staff Exits overall off-boarding and administration exit support
- Ensure that field staff are well supported regarding human resources
- Support HR strategy by filling out monthly HR dashboards with important reporting data
- Manage relationship with 3rd party-employer
- 2+ years experience in Human Resources, and have experience managing recruitment, contracts, payroll, leave, loans, discipline, etc.
- Work planning experience, meticulous
- Required: English and French proficiency; Preferred: Wolof proficiency
- Experience working closely with teams to achieve progress or tasks
- Some with Senegalese Labor Law and Employee Code
- Health insurance (including dental, vision and health coverage)
- Approximately 4 weeks of paid time off each year
- Professional development and laptop stipends
- Annual flight benefit
- The opportunity to make a difference for farmers everyday!
Application Process and Deadline
To apply, submit an application on our website. Include a cover letter (motivation letter) and a resume or CV. You should also complete the Plum survey. You can find a link to the Plum survey on the application form for the role. Please submit your application and documents in English. Only shortlisted candidates will contacted by our team.
There is no fixed deadline as we hire on a rolling basis. If someone else is selected while you are interviewing, we will let you know and consider your application for future positions. The interview process includes the application form, the Plum assessment, short virtual interviews and typically a short written assignment or a visit to the field or one of our offices.
myAgro provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, national origin, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, and genetics. myAgro complies with all applicable federal, provincial and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: