Türkiye: Deputy Country Director - Gaziantep
Fixed Term | 6 months | August 2023
Created in 1993, ACTED is an international non-governmental organization pursuing a dual mandate of emergency response and development interventions in 40 of some of the world’s most vulnerable countries affected by conflicts, disasters or socio-economic hardship. With a team of 7,000 national staff and 400 international staff, ACTED implements 500 projects a year to support more than 20 million beneficiaries, notably in hard-to-reach areas.
ACTED goes to the last mile through programs and approaches that look beyond the immediate emergency towards opportunities for longer term livelihood reconstruction and sustainable development. Guided by the motto “Think Local, Act Global” and its 3Zero –Zero Exclusion, Zero Carbon, and Zero Poverty – strategy, ACTED puts local territories at the centre and provides a tailored support to local needs.
ACTED has been present in Türkiye since 2012, with cross-border relief interventions in Syria from southeastern Türkiye , as well as in-country response to the Syrian refugee crisis deployed for both refugee populations as well as host communities. Activities in Mersin province are mainly protection-related, through the provision of legal aid for refugees, and focus on improving access to employment for the population, by means of language courses and vocational training sessions.
You will be in charge of
The Deputy Country Director supports the Country Director in representing ACTED`s interests in the country with government, donors and other key stakeholders. The Deputy Country Director supports building the programme profile in line with regional and global ACTED strategy. The Deputy Country Directors supports the teams to achieve programme excellence and ensures the highest levels of accountability.
Positioning and Fund Raising:
- Context analysis: Ensure ACTED has an up-to-date understanding of the country’s socio-economic situation, (donor) trends, needs and gaps, and who does what and where (3W);
- Strategy development and roll out: Support in developing and reviewing programme strategies and identifying strategic opportunities for expanding ACTED’s work in the country;
- Networking, positioning and general representation;
- Donor relationship and Proposal development;
- Advocacy: (Co-)produce issue papers, advocacy notes, press releases on relevant humanitarian and development issues;
- Communications: Oversee and ensure timely emission of external communication tools/pieces on pertinent programming, approaches, critical issues etc.;
- Promotion of ACTED sisters organisations : Keep abreast with and contribute to ACTED’s global initiatives and global trends, in particular Impact (REACH, Agora), Convergences and Oxus, integrate them into the country strategy and make linkages with relevant focal points (HQ/regional/national as relevant).
Management and Internal Coordination:
- Staff Management;
- Internal Coordination;
- Conflict/Crisis Management.
Project Implementation Follow-up:
- Project Implementation Tracking;
- Grant Management: Ensure that contractual obligations are met in terms of deliverables as well as narrative and financial reporting requirements;
- Project Quality Control;
- Partner Management.
- Finance Management;
- Logistics & IT Management;
- Administration and HR Management;
- External Audit Follow-up;
- Transparency/Compliance Management;
- Security Management;
- Legal and Registration Follow-up.
Expected skills and qualifications
- At least 4 to 5 years of working experience in insecure environments; preferably in Africa, Asia, or the Middle East;
- Demonstrated communication and organizational skills;
- Ability to train, mobilize, and manage both international and national staff;
- Flexibility and ability to multi-task under pressure;
- Ability to work well in unstable and frequently changing security environments;
- Willingness to work and live in often remote areas under basic conditions;
- Proven ability to work creatively and independently both in the field and in the office;
- Advanced proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Salary between 2700 and 2800€ monthly (before income tax), depending on the level of education, security level, etc as well as a monthly living allowance of $300
- Accommodation and food provided in ACTED guesthouse
- Pension, health insurance, life insurance and repatriation assistance (& unemployment insurance for EU citizens)
- Flight tickets every 6 months & visa fees covered
- Contribution to the luggage transportation: up to 100 kgs, depending on the length of the contract
- Annual leave of 25 to 43 days per year
- One week pre-departure training in ACTED HQ, including a 3-days in situ security training
- Tax advice (free 30-minute call with a tax consultant)
- Psychological assistance
Please send your application (CV and letter of motivation) by email (firstname.lastname@example.org), including the reference: DCD / TUR
Please note that Acted will never charge a fee for the recruitment process.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: