Position title: Associate, Administration
Location: Qutub Institutional Area, New Delhi
Room to Read is a global organization transforming the lives of millions of children in low-income communities by focusing on literacy and gender equality in education. Founded in 2000 on the belief that World Change Starts with Educated Children®, our innovative model focuses on deep, systemic transformation within schools during two time periods that are most critical in a child’s schooling: early primary school for literacy acquisition and secondary school for girls’ education. We work in collaboration with local communities, partner organizations, and governments to develop literacy skills and a habit of reading among primary school children and ensure girls can complete secondary school with the skills necessary to negotiate key life decisions.
By focusing on the quality of education provided within the communities and ensuring these outcomes are measured, we have created a model that can be replicated, localized, and sustained by governments. With its global headquarters in San Francisco, Room to Read till date has benefited 32 million children across 21 low-income countries.
Room to Read India was established in 2003 and presently has programs in twelve states – Andhra Pradesh, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Delhi NCR, Jharkhand, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Rajasthan, Telangana, Uttarakhand, and Uttar Pradesh.
The Admin. Associate will be located at India Country office. Will assist and report to the Officer, Administration. S/he will provide logistical and administrative assistance in implementing the India Country Program. Primary responsibilities will include day to day office support, procurement, maintenance of office files, Warehouse, Maintaining the inventory of office stationery. This position will involve travel to RTR State offices in which Room to Read’s Programs are implementing.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Ensure full compliance of procurement activities with RtR’s procurement policies.
- Support in planning of procurements through collaboration with program staff and Managers in the preparation of the procurement plan
- Ensure that the office equipments are functional and timely repair and maintenance is done.
- Supervising of major office day to day maintenance such as electricity, plumbing works, Air conditioning, drinking water, tea coffee machine.
- Ensuring that the workstation, conference room, washrooms are in working condition Responding to the staff request.
- Provide logistics support during the time of any workshop/training /meeting /conference with the help of Office Assistant.
- Travel booking, Hotel booking.
- Processing of bills as per the organization guidelines.
- Arranging the meeting for bid opening.
- Inventory of office equipment and other items
- Invitation of quotation as per the organization guideline from vendors based on the requests.
- Collection of quotations from the vendors and ensure that the quotations are reached on time with the mandatory requirement.
- Prepare the comparative analysis based on the quotations received.
- Maintenance of Vendor Data Base and vendor verification.
- Maintenance of Admin related files office files, etc.
- Point person for the collection book dispatch request from SOs and forward the same to Warehouse and ensure timely delivery.
- Maintain an inventory of office equipment and other items. Assist in gathering information for reports on the status Participate in any other activities, which may be required to be undertaken to fulfill the objectives of the organization.
- Any other job assigned by the supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in commerce. Experience in successful implementation of a wide range of tasks.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of work experience in administration specially in procurements of goods and services
- Ability to travel frequently.
- Well versed with MS excels, word, power point, outlook
- Excellent written and verbal communication Skills.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently.
- Effectiveness in working or volunteering in a non-profit organization that is focused on maintaining high quality work and a low overhead.
- Prior experience of dealing with vendors.
- Prior experience of working in NGO/development sector.
- Good Analytical skills.
To be successful as a member of the Room to Read team, you will also:
- Have a passion for our mission and a strong desire to impact an up-and-coming nonprofit organization.
- Be an innovative and creative thinker; you’re not afraid to try something new and inspire others to do so.
- Have a very high level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness.
- Have a strong work ethic and require minimal direction.
- Work well independently as well as part of a team.
- Thrive in a fast-paced and fun environment.
Room to Read offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits. Benefits include thirteenth month bonus, health insurance and a retirement plan. The non-monetary compensation includes a unique opportunity to be part of an innovative, meaningful, and rapidly growing organization that is changing transforming the lives of millions of children in developing countries on literacy and gender equality in education.
Room to Read is a child-safe organization; all personnel are expected to adhere to Room to Read’s Child Protection Policy and Child Protection Code of Conduct.
Please CLICK HERE to apply.
Due to the high volume of applicant response, not all applicants may receive a response from Room to Read. Room to Read is an equal opportunity employer committed to identifying and developing the skills and leadership of people from diverse backgrounds. We always encourage women to apply.
This vacancy is now closed.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you:
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: