Chief of Party for Philippines Biodiversity and Climate Change Activity
Tetra Tech International Development (International Development Jobs - Tetra Tech) is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for potential Chief of Party and Deputy Chief of Party-Technical positions on an anticipated USAID-funded program in the Philippines. The five-year USAID Philippines Biodiversity and Climate Change Activity will improve enabling environments for strengthening key institutions and leveraging private sector investments and financing for nature-based conservation, adaptation, and mitigation.
The Chief of Party (COP) will be responsible for leading all technical, financial and administrative aspects of the program and will coordinate closely with USAID in developing, implementing, and revising the Activity’s overall field strategy. The COP sets the strategic and technical direction of the Activity and serves as link between USAID, Tetra Tech’s home office, and Activity partners. The COP maintains effective relationships and coordination with government, private sector, NGOs, and other donors and ensures compliance with the contract including timely, high-quality results. This would be a full-time position and be based in the Philippines for the full life of project (anticipated five years).
* Provide overall leadership and technical expertise for the Activity, including supervising the Philippines Biodiversity and Climate Change Team;
* Provide strategic oversight and the development of annual work plans
* Manage USAID, counterparts, and partner relationships, and represent the Activity and Tetra Tech;
* Oversee effective management and implementation of the Activity in accordance with the contract, USAID and Tetra Tech’s policies and procedures;
* Ensure contract compliance and the timely achievement of quality results; and
* Oversee monitoring, evaluation, and documentation of progress toward achieving results and lessons learned.
* Minimum of a master’s degree (or equivalent) in natural resources management, ecology, climate adaptation, rural development or another relevant discipline is required;
* At least ten (10) years of experience working on climate change, forest and landscape conservation, natural resource management, or economic development projects, preferably in the Philippines or the Asia region;
* At least three (3) years in a director- or senior-level management position, providing conceptual leadership and administrative oversight to complex climate change, natural resource management and/or biodiversity conservation international development programs. USAID experience strongly preferred;
* Proven track record managing multi-disciplinary development programs and teams, engaging effectively with stakeholders (including national-level governments), fostering collaborative learning and adaptive management, and addressing gender equality and social inclusion;
* Professional fluency in English required; and
* Qualified applicants from the Philippines or Southeast Asia highly encouraged to apply.
To be considered, please submit the following:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Please ensure that only the requested documents noted above are submitted. Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
At Tetra Tech, health and safety play a vital role in our success. Tetra Tech’s employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to COVID-19 that are mandated by local, state, and federal authorities.
Tetra Tech International Development is committed to safeguarding and technical excellence in equality and social inclusion. Our team of dedicated Gender, Youth, and Social Inclusion (GYSI) advisers work closely with our staff and partners to share international norms and best practices to improve the livelihoods of the world’s most marginalized groups. Tetra Tech International Development is especially interested in candidates that can contribute to our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) initiatives that aim to expand inclusion and an authentic sense of belonging to all our staff regardless of background.
We are dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please visit Tetra Tech’s Disability Assistance Page or contact our Global Talent Operations team. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 550 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees — 27,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action/Americans with Disabilities/Veterans employer.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: