Project Development and M&E Officer
We are currently looking for a Programme Development Officer to lead on project design, grant management and M&E.
Position: IMPACT Programme Development and M&E Officer for Moldova
Contract duration: 6 months, with potential renewal
Location: Chisinau, Moldova
Starting date: October 2023
Under the joint supervision of the Moldova Country Coordinator and the guidance of the IMPACT Regional Senior Program Development and M&E Officer, the IMPACT PD and M&E Officer (PDO) is responsible for coordinating programme development, and leading reporting and monitoring and evaluation for the refugee response. The ideal candidate would be eager to work within a dynamic and motivated team, and will have a clear focus on program development as a tool to improve the efficacy of the humanitarian and development responses in Moldova.
The Programme Development Officer’s responsibilities will include:
1. Grant Management
- Draft proposals based on input from research units and coordinate the proposal development process between IMPACT Regional, ACTED, and Impact HQ
- Track contractual obligations for existing grants and ensure that IMPACT is on track to meet these obligations
- Organizing and leading grant kick-off and close out meetings for all grants
- Drafting monthly, bi-annual, and final reports based on inputs from research units, and other relevant requirements, and coordinating reporting with ACTED and IMPACT HQ
- Leading on grant management meetings with ACTED
- Keeping grant management files updated and organized
2. Monitoring and Evaluation
- Monitor and oversee systems for tracking research outputs and utilization
- Prepare all donor required monitoring and evaluation reports including baseline reports, mid-term reports, and final evaluations
- Develop analytical reports on research output utilization based on quantitative data from SendinBlue, Google Analytics, user surveys and qualitative data gathered through key informant interviews
- Work with research units to develop a strategy to improve research output utilization and impact
3. Country Strategy Development
- Work with the Country Coordinator and the Senior Management Team to develop a multi-year country strategy for Moldova.
- Ensure that project proposals are prepared in line with the Country Strategy.
- Excellent academic qualifications, including a Master’s degree in relevant discipline preferred;
- 1-2 years of relevant working experience with program development, monitoring and evaluation, or related field preferred;
- Familiarity with the aid system, and understanding of donor and governmental requirements;
- Excellent communication and drafting skills for effective reporting;
- Excellent analytical skills – ability to situate findings within a wider context;
- Ability to operate in a cross-cultural and cross-country environment requiring flexibility;
- Understanding of the global and country level cluster approach, an asset;
- Ability to operate Microsoft Word and Excel;
- Familiarity with Google Analytics and email marketing preferred;
- A self-starter with a strong existing ability to work independently;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Fluency in English required;
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- For this position, salary between 2’100 and 2’160 CHF monthly (before income tax), etc as well as a monthly living allowance of 300 USD and a food allowance of 300 USD NB – IMPACT salaries are strictly determined by our salary grid depending on the grade of the position and the level of education of staff.
- Accommodation provided in a guesthouse.
- Enrolment in Swiss private pension fund (Swisslife – approx. 9.975% of staff gross salary), health insurance, life insurance and repatriation assistance.
- Flight tickets every 6 months & visa fees covered.
- Contribution to the luggage transportation fees
- Annual leave of 36 days per year. Public holidays of the country of assignment.
- Family/compassionate leave when applicable.
- Predeparture induction – 3 days at IMPACT Initiatives’ HQ in Geneva + one week pre-International training in ACTED HQ in Paris, including a 4-days in situ security training;
- MPACT prioritizes the psychological safety of its staff and the health insurance provided covers, among others, up to 1000 € per year of psychosocial counselling fee
Please apply directly on IMPACT's website: Programme Development and M&E Officer | Impact (impact-initiatives.org)