Information Technology Officer (Enterprise Data)
The Caribbean Development Bank (CDB) is seeking to recruit a national from its member countries to fill the position of Information Technology Officer (Enterprise Data) [IT Officer] in the Information Technology Solutions Division (ITSD). The successful candidate will be based at CDB’s headquarters in St. Michael, Barbados.
ITSD is responsible for the delivery of the Bank’s IT Strategy, implementing digital transformation and supporting CDB to achieve its mandate. ITSD provides secure and cost-effective platforms, applications and agile services to all business areas, and acts as a strategic catalyst to drive and promote innovation.
ITSD, led by the Chief Information Officer, is organised into seven Studios – Operations, Corporate, Collaborations, Data, DevOps, Cloud and Service Desk – which report to the Agile Portfolio Manager.
The Studios interact harmoniously to support and improve the pillars of the Strategy, which will help CDB to remain efficient, responsive, collaborative, competitive and innovative.
Reporting to the Agile Portfolio Manager, the IT Officer is responsible for supporting the IT Enterprise Data Studio, which is focused on establishing a culture of data as an asset, enabled through rich BI data anytime-anywhere capabilities for decision-making, and systematically managing information and data sharing within CDB and with external entities. The IT Officer implements and maintains IT technologies, including Microsoft 365 E5 suite for collaboration and information sharing. Through collaboration and consultation across the Bank and with other Studios, the IT Officer acquires and deploys technology resources, with the goal of ensuring improved service delivery, improved Business/IT alignment, and increased efficiency and productivity.
The IT Officer will be required to:
- Manage routine to moderately complex maintenance and enhancement activities with service providers supporting either corporate and operational applications;
- Develop and foster relationships with business units to manage the application maintenance and support services.
- Document new functional requirements with internal clients and propose optimal solutions.
- Lead the definition of the data architecture strategy roadmap, including data modeling assessments, implementation and management for data repositories, the enterprise data warehouse, and data analytics systems.
- Develop project plans and manage project deliverables (enhancements to current systems or new applications) within the area of expertise, on time and within scope and budget.
- Coordinate testing and approval activities with clients, IT internal resources, and service providers to ensure the quality of deliverables.
- Assist in the preparation of capital projects for new initiatives that impact corporate and operational applications.
- Directly monitor all service level agreements impacting corporate and operational applications.
- Plan and organise the sprints for quarterly defined milestones, and organise and participate in daily scrum meetings and activities to fulfill the objectives set by the Bank.
- Provide technical leadership in the optimisation and design of the Bank’s business process models and the architecture supporting these models.
- Champion innovation and institutional change through IT-led initiatives that improve service delivery and increase efficiency and productivity.
- Manage relationships with third-party service providers and build on best practices to improve service delivery.
- Build data analytics capacity and provide strategic dashboards to support decision-making.
- Develop a data governance framework.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
The IT Officer will have a solid technical background and the ability to work across multiple departments within a complex organisation structure. The IT Officer will be well-versed in the complexities of IT systems and services, must have a firm understanding of software development, data warehousing and extraction and business intelligence solutions and have a proven excellent track record in agile project management.
Given the requirements of the job function, the IT Officer must have an exceptional grasp of current and emerging technology trends.
Technical Grounding and Expertise
The successful candidate should have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related discipline.
- Extensive professional experience in agile software development lifecycle and in deploying and configuring Microsoft Power BI services, SQL Integration, and Reporting services (SSIS and SSRS) solutions including a minimum of three years’ experience in data modeling and/or implementation.
- Knowledge of DAX (Data Analysis Expressions), Data Warehouse and R or similar programming language.
- Strong agile project management skills in implementing core business and Cloud-based solutions for business teams or consumers.
- Sound knowledge of modern web, mobile, and application delivery platforms with Cloud management technologies and tools.
- RDBMS Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle and/or MySQL.
- Advanced SQL skills (index, constraints, keys, Store Procedures, functions, materialised views, and others).
The following are considered assets for this position:
- A Master’s degree in a relevant discipline.
- Scrum Master Certification.
- Experience with Git or equivalent source control.
- Knowledge and expertise in other IT segments and Microsoft related training/certifications (e.g., Data Science, Machine Learning).
- Experience in IT operations in an international organisation.
The IT Officer must demonstrate strong ability to:
- Champion innovation and institutional change.
- Take a consultative and collaborative approach to problem-solving.
- Analyse, evaluate and determine IT needs and implement systems to meet those needs.
- Refine and present complex/technical subject matter to stakeholders, at any level.
- Foster internal and external business relationships to lead IT-related change management processes, in a multicultural work environment
The successful candidate should demonstrate a strong proficiency in the following competencies:
Acting as a Champion for Change
Actively identifies problems and opportunities for change and implements solutions where appropriate. Maintains effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or the work environment; and supports people in their efforts to try new things.
Moves quickly to make decisions and commits to a clear course of action; comfortable making decisions based on partial information; willing to take risks in order to maintain momentum; shows a strong bias toward action.
Aligns day-to-day activities around broader organisational goals and objectives; prioritises resources based on the strategic objectives of the organisation; recognises and rewards people based on how their actions support the broader needs of the organisation.
Championing Customer Needs
Calls attention to issues that impact customer satisfaction; views situations from the perspective of customers; encourages people to think about customers when making decisions and develops and sustains productive customer relationships.
Consistently communicates with clarity and thoroughness to optimise audience understanding. Communicates information in a clear, concise, and timely manner. Demonstrates effective speaking and presentation skills.
Delivering High Quality Work
Critically reviews work processes to ensure quality; addresses problems that could impact quality; makes sure project deliverables and services meet all requirements and expectations; does not make the same mistakes twice.
Displaying Technical Expertise
Keeps his/her technical skills current; effectively applies specialised knowledge and skills to perform work tasks; understands and masters the technical skills, knowledge, and tasks associated with his/her job; shares technical expertise with others.
Driving for Results
Bottom-line oriented and pushes self and others to achieve results. Keeps current on project status; makes sure people are aware of project status and what they need to do to keep things moving; redirects project resources and activities to overcome setbacks; elevates project concerns to senior levels of leadership when appropriate.
TERMS OF APPOINTMENT
This is a full-time position with the successful candidate being contracted on a two-year basis in the first instance, with the possibility of renewal. The salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience. A pension plan, life and medical insurances are included in the benefits package.
Before you proceed to apply, please consider the following requirements:
You must be a national of one of CDB’s member countries.
You will be required to produce evidence of any educational and professional qualifications to support your application if you are selected for an interview.
All appointments are subject to satisfactory background checks and references.
CDB fully respects the need for confidentiality of the information supplied and assures you that we will not discuss your background and interest with anyone, including references, without your prior consent.
The deadline for submission of applications is September 26, 2023 at 11:59 pm AST.
The Caribbean Development Bank is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, or disabilities. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Bank provides reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities participating in the job application or interview process. Please contact us to request such accommodation.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: