Director General, Communications
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) is a multilateral development bank whose mission is financing the Infrastructure for Tomorrow—infrastructure with sustainability at its core. We began operations in Beijing in January 2016 and have since grown to 106 approved members worldwide. We are capitalized at USD100 billion and AAA rated by the major international credit rating agencies. Collaborating with partners, AIIB meets clients’ needs by unlocking new capital and investing in infrastructure that is green, technology-enabled and promotes regional connectivity.
The Director General, Communications Department, is responsible for developing and executing a comprehensive communication strategy that enhances the Bank's brand's reputation, drives stakeholder engagement, and supports its business objectives. The Director General leads a talented communications team, collaborates closely with cross-functional teams, and reports directly to the Vice President and Corporate Secretary.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
Specific responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Lead the Communications Department and deliver a robust communications strategy aligned with organizational goals and the Corporate Strategy to ensure a consistent brand and voice across all channels.
- Identify key messaging themes and narratives to effectively communicate the AIIB mission, values, and achievements.
- Raise awareness and understanding of AIIB, its operations and mission among internal and external audiences.
- Develop targeted communications and brand activities across a global footprint. Use measurements and analytics to optimize channel and messaging strategies.
- Advise the Senior Management on communications, brand and reputation management.
- Represent AIIB in front of a diverse group of external stakeholders including but not limited to media, academia, civil society and nongovernmental organizations.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key media outlets, journalists, forums, etc., serving as the primary media contact for AIIB and official spokesperson where warranted.
- Lead crisis communication efforts, including developing response strategies and messaging and coordinating communication during challenging times.
- Lead the implementation of AIIB’s Policy on Public Information.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Minimum 20 years working in a leadership/management capacity and position of influence in a multilateral development bank(s) and/or large complex global financial institution in public affairs, public policy or external relations.
- Proven track record in development, implementation and oversight of comprehensive communication strategies. Demonstrated understanding of the latest communications and marketing trends.
- Substantial experience and demonstrated technical competence in public relations, with good knowledge of the Asia-Pacific region.
- Ability to deliver creative and innovative communication ideas and solutions.
- With high political awareness and demonstrated track record and ability to handle sensitive situations diplomatically and to otherwise cultivate effective and productive client relationships/partnerships.
- Results driven, with excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Superb interpersonal skills in working with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- High-level communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written; rich experience in crisis management.
- Mastery of written and verbal English a must, knowledge of other languages is a plus.
- Master’s degree or above in related fields from a reputable university.
AIIB is committed to diversity, transparency and inclusion. We believe our strength comes from having a team with the right diverse skills, experiences and abilities selected through a merit-based competitive process. We actively encourage applications from people from both within and outside AIIB members, regardless of nationality, religion, gender, race, disability or sexual orientation.
Join us and help create a prosperous and sustainable Asia while growing your career in a diverse and innovative environment.
Previous experience and qualifications will determine the grade and job title at which successful applicants will enter AIIB.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: