Gender Education Expert, FCDO/Jordan BRIDGE Activity
IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information. Founded in 1968, IREX has an annual portfolio of over $100 million, work in more than 100 countries worldwide with offices in 20 countries, and a global staff of 600.
Summary of Position:
IREX seeks qualified Gender Education Expert candidates to support the FCDO-funded Building Resilience, Inclusion, and Diversity through Girls’ Education (BRIDGE) program in Jordan. This four-year activity aims to improve inclusive and gender sensitive education in Jordan, combat learning loss at the systems level caused by COVID-19 school closures, and to implement improvements in financial management and reporting at a systems level. Based in Amman, the Gender Education Expert will be responsible for supporting the strengthening of the education system for girls and boys in gender equality, with a particular focus on girls’ education and girls experiencing violence/harassment in schools.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Support the Donor Coordinating Unit within the Ministry of Education to strengthen the education system for girls and boys in gender equality, with a particular focus on girls’ education and girls experiencing violence/harassment in schools.
- Work across the Accelerated Access Initiative and the wider education sector, including the Ministry of Education’s Gender Equality Department, to coordinate awareness raising on the intersectionality of disability with gender, refugee status, and poverty.
- Provide strategic advice on the adoption of an intersectional lens in capacity building at the central, field directorate, and school levels.
- Work with relevant departments to ensure gender equality is mainstreamed in all teacher training, curriculum reform, and work at central, school directorate, and school levels.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- A minimum of a PhD degree in gender/gender education (or equivalent) is required.
- Curriculum development and teacher training content development skills essential.
- Teacher training skills and vocational education expertise required.
- Knowledge of gender issues related to tertiary education/employment in Jordan or neighboring countries is essential.
- Must possess experience and skills for engagement with donor representatives and civil society organizations.
- Knowledge and expertise in global best practice in girls' education and/or gender equality is required.
- Must have experience with the delivery of written reports to the donor and other stakeholders.
Fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic (with specific knowledge of the dialect from the Levant region) is required.
Click on https://irex.applytojob.com/apply/zoy0pqKHvW/Gender-Education-Expert-FCDOJordan-BRIDGE-Activity to submit your CV in English along with your salary expectations for consideration.