Officer - Asset Management
Working with in-country partners, IRRI develops advanced rice varieties that yield more grain and better withstand pests and disease as well as flooding, drought, and other harmful effects of climate change.
Act as general accountant in Asset Management Team doing both Treasury and Property and Assets functions. Assumes responsibility for the protection and safeguarding of Institute-owned assets from possible losses. Ascertains that receipts and subsequent movements of property, plant and equipment are properly recorded, documented and fully accounted for. Monitors capital budget allocation for each Organizational Unit.
This position will be based at the IRRI Headquarters, Los Baños, Philippines and may only be filled by permanent citizens of the Philippines.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Review and monitor movements of Institute-owned capital assets located at Headquarters and Country Offices by analyzing and preparing summary of equipment tagged, transferred and disposed to ensure assets are properly documented, recorded and accounted for in adherence to CGIAR guidelines
- Provide assistance in monitors and analyzing capital fund movement including capital projects to ensure adherence to CGIAR guidelines by reviewing all transactions affecting the fund to ensure accuracy and validity of charges and preparing monthly status report
- Verify authorization and validity of capital assets acquisition by checking the approving authority and legitimacy of the request to monitor capital expenditures
- Participate in the year-end closing of book by ensuring that all legitimate transactions are properly recorded and that financial report is finalized
- Work with Treasury Operations Manager in preparing insurance requirements and reviewing insurance policies and corresponding billings
- Prepare telegraphic transfer related to country office funding
- Prepare journals covering account-to-account transfers and adjusting entries for managed accounts
- Serve as backstop for other AMT-Treasury Operation functions when the incumbent is unavailable such as preparing telegraphic transfer and verification of automated checks
- Perform bank run and ensure confidential documents are kept on file
- Attend promptly to issues raised by stakeholders relating to receipts, disbursements, insurance, inventory and fixed assets and capital budget
- Participate in the Institute’s annual warehouse inventory count and fixed assets
- Collaborate with different units regarding the status of completion of the infrastructure projects for asset recording purposes
- Coordinate with internal and external stakeholders and insurance brokers for the Institute’s insurance requirements receipts, disbursements, insurance, inventory and fixed assets and capital budget
- Collaborate with internal and external auditors during interim and annual audit by providing schedules and required supporting documents and to provide response to auditor’s inquiries
- Recommend new measures or procedures in order to provide superior services to internal and external clients
- Collaborate with Treasury for fixed assets additions and disposals for insurance and appraisal purposes
- Coordinate with different units regarding asset inventories, disposal, transfer and bidding
- Prepare and analyze monthly capital budget schedule as required by for management report
- Prepare monthly schedule of fixed assets to monitor movements of capital assets and depreciation expense incurred by analyzing and summarizing transactions such as acquisitions, transfers, deletions and accumulated depreciation
- Prepare and analyzes projected and estimated depreciation and additions to fixed assets in accordance with CGIAR guidelines for budgeting purposes
- Record, monitor & analyze capital assets to ensure completeness of records and establish property accountabilities of staff by registration in One Corporate System (OCS)/Fixed asset management
- Conduct inventory of IRRI non research properties through physical count and inspection to ascertain completeness of records and update property accountabilities
- Update property accountabilities of resigning globally recruited staff through updating One Corporate System to ensure that assets are properly accounted for and clear resigning staff of any accountabilities
- Monitor freight charges related transactions affecting capital assets by analyzing charges made and recording it as part additional cost of the assets
- Prepare the analysis and documentation to support for changes in net assets
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting with at least 3 years relevant experience accounting, audits, cash management, financial management, payroll, online banking, systems interfacing, and insurance management.
- Proficient in using MS Office and has relevant experience in computerized financial systems and flexibility to adapt a new software applications
- Highly analytical
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Negotiation Skills
- Can work with minimal supervision
IRRI offers a highly extensive employee benefits package inclusive of globally-covered medical insurance, retirement plan, life and accident insurance and other allowances.
Join our team and be part of our story!
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
This position will remain open until filled.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: