Program Manager, Special Projects
Title: Program Manager, Special Projects
Location: Dakar, Senegal
Requirement: Proficiency in French, English and Wolof
Reports to: Head of Strategy
myAgro is a non-profit agritech social enterprise based in West Africa. We have developed a mobile savings model that allows farmers to invest their own funds in high-quality seed, fertilizer, and agricultural training to increase their harvest and income by 50-100%. Our North Star is to support 1 million farmers in 2026 - providing them the tools they need to prosper. Our organization has received recognition and support from Skoll Foundation, Echoing Green, World Bank, and The Audacious Project from TED. Learn more from our founder and CEO here.
About the Role:
The Program Manager role is a key management position to support the launch and growth of myAgro's rapid expansion. You have the chance to organize, lead, and execute company projects that fall outside the scope of its regular business or work on project acceleration by designing, launching and then handing over successful pilots. This position is expected to exercise a high degree of autonomy, take on significant responsibility, and the ability to manage associates cross-functionally. An ideal candidate will have broad interests and background knowledge in nonprofit operations management.
Manage important initiatives that affect a country, team or the organization . You'll implement quality controls to ensure quality of program execution. Potential projects may include poultry, ag-forestry, or agriculture training programs.
Share learnings across teams and be a resource through documenting projects and playbooks; share relevant data to solving problems and participate in various organizational meetings
Collaborate with different teams. You'll coordinate across departments and get agreement on work plans and calendars.
Focus on the end-users. You will research design and test pilots and products starting from the end-users: both farmers and field staff.
- 7 years experience in the execution and management of large-scale agriculture programs.
- A technical background in agriculture, or at least have gained that level of expertise through passion and professional experience.
- Designed and implemented training programs for rural areas.
- You have held a position at the crossroads between multiple departments and know how to communicate across departments (sales, product, HR..).
- Team management and experience in delegation and coaching.
- Experience speaking about your work to internal and external partners.
- English and French proficiency.
- Health insurance (including dental, vision and health coverage)
- Approximately 4 weeks of paid time off each year
- Professional development and laptop stipends
- Annual flight benefit
- The opportunity to make a difference for farmers everyday!
Application Process and Deadline
To apply, submit an application on our website. Include a cover letter (motivation letter) and a resume or CV. You should also complete the Plum survey. You can find a link to the Plum survey on the application form for the role. Please submit your application and documents in English. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by our team.
There is no fixed deadline as we hire on a rolling basis. If someone else is selected while you are interviewing, we will let you know and consider your application for future positions. The interview process includes the application form, the Plum assessment, short virtual interviews and typically a short written assignment or a visit to the field or one of our offices.
myAgro provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, national origin, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, and genetics. myAgro complies with all applicable federal, provincial and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.