Business and Pricing Analyst
6 Months with the possibility of an extensionDuties and Responsibilities
THE ORGANIZATIONAL SETTING
The International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) sets international Standards and Recommended Practices (SARPs) for aviation safety, air navigation, security, and environmental protection. To that effect, ICAO is a knowledge-based organization engaged in developing intellectual property.
The Global Aviation Training (GAT) Section under the Capacity Development and Implementation Bureau (CDI) is responsible for the planning, management and coordination of all ICAO aviation training activities ensuring the efficient, effective and harmonized implementation of the ICAO Training Policy and response to training needs of Member States, international and regional organizations, aviation industry and other partners. GAT is the ICAO focal point of contact for all training and associated activities. It comprises three units: TRAINAIR PLUS Operations (TOP), Training Design and Development (TDD) and Training Assessments and Consultancy (TAC)
The Business and Pricing Analyst consultant is responsible to define, analyse, and prepare pricing for GAT to ensure competitiveness consistency and maximize effectiveness.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Analyse the current training course sales in the aviation sector considering global, regional and national data;
• Produce costing templates for training products and services capturing direct/indirect and fixed/variable costs;
• Produce pricing templates for training products and services;
• Review existing financial indicators. Calculate and analyse new financial indicators and metrics on training catalogue including, inter alia, contribution margin, gross margin, net margin, return on investment, payback period, etc. based on historical and newly-developed business cases;
• Gather and analyze historical pricing data and trends. Collect and analyse data to identify trends or patterns and provide insights through graphs, charts, tables and reports to enable data-driven planning, decision-making, presentation and reporting. Prepare a dashboard with the newly developed data visualizations;
• Review and analyze historical, competitive, and strategic data, including customer budgeting exercises;
• Provide recommendations on existing customer budgeting process and templates. Propose alternatives based on best industry practices;
• Build a pricing database and perform analysis and reporting at different organizational levels (management, mid-management, etc.);
• Adapt pricing model and strategy based on business intelligence and analysis conducted, maximizing profitability;
• Lead reviews of training costs and pricing with relevant stakeholders;
• Prepare presentations on work outputs to senior management for discussion & approval;
• Make recommendations on innovative solutions to improve performance and meet financial goals; and
• Provide training to other members on how to perform data analytics, financial reviews, indicators, budgeting and other related matters.
A first-level university degree in accounting, finance, engineering, or another related field is required.
Professional Experience and Knowledge
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in analysis of costs or pricing preferably in a finance operations or technical program management environment is required.
• Highly analytical and detailed oriented interpersonal skills is required.
• Experience in aviation-related commercial business analysis is desirable.
• Fluent reading, writing and speaking abilities in English is required.
• A working knowledge of a second language of the Organization (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, or Spanish) is desirable.
It should be noted that this consultancy is to be filled for an initial period of Six (6) months with the possibility of an extension. This is a full-time position.
Please note that the monthly rate for Band B varies from CAD 5,097 to CAD 8,122.
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: