Department: 2024 Graduate Program, Strategy Stream
Job Type: Global Recruitment
Important Notice to Candidates: Early Submission for the 2024 Graduate Program
We appreciate your interest in the 2024 Graduate Program, and we welcome early submissions of expressions of interest. However, we want to provide clarity regarding the application process. Please take note of the following information:
- Assessment and Interview Schedule: Kindly be aware that our assessment and interview process for the 2024 Graduate Program will commence in February/March 2024.
We encourage you to refer to the annual recruitment process timeline outlined below for a more detailed overview:
- Acceptance of Applications: December 2023 to February 2024
- Application Deadline: Mid February 2024
- Selection Process: End-February to April
- Offer to Successful Candidates: April onwards
- Program Start / Onboarding: September 2024
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) is a multilateral development bank whose mission is financing the Infrastructure for Tomorrow—infrastructure with sustainability at its core. We began operations in Beijing in January 2016 and have since grown to 106 approved members worldwide. We are capitalized up to USD100 billion and Triple-A-rated by the major international credit rating agencies. Working with partners, AIIB meets clients’ needs by unlocking new capital and investing in infrastructure that is green, technology-enabled and promotes regional connectivity.
This position will be under the Strategy Stream. Through rotating within the Strategy, Policy and Budget Department and to other related business functions, the Analysts will gain hands-on experience in developing and implementing AIIB’s corporate strategy and sector strategies.
About the role:
The Strategy, Policy and Budget Department under the Vice Presidency, Policy and Strategy is responsible for:
(i) developing and monitoring the implementation of the Bank’s strategic agenda including its Corporate Strategy;
(ii) developing and overseeing compliance with the Bank’s operational policies and procedures for the Bank’s infrastructure investment portfolio (non-treasury), including environmental, social, procurement and financial management;
(iii) coordinating the Bank's partnerships and promoting regional cooperation; and
(iv) managing the Bank’s administrative budget to support the implementation of the annual business plan and strategic agenda.
The Policy Analyst (Graduate Program) will work primarily on operational policy issues, especially the operations of special funds which are crucial to help AIIB to deliver its mandate in its less developed members. AIIB offers various special funds to clients for project preparation, the Analyst will also assist in project preparation, capacity building and financing support.
• Conduct research and comparative analysis of information about other similar organizations including international donor funds; compile, clean, reconcile, organize, update and manage related data.
• Assist in analyzing financial and nonfinancial data, identifying trends, patterns and potential trade-offs, and preparing technical and management documents and reports to support data-driven decision-making, including by designing reader-friendly visual presentation tools.
• Support the development of AIIB’s strategic agenda (e.g., strategies, business plans), implementation approaches and results monitoring frameworks.
• Support the delivery of management reports, documents, and presentations to help Management effectively communicate Bank strategic thinking both internally and externally.
• Support the development, upgrading and maintenance of AIIB’s project and grant proposal management IT system and support the maintenance of AIIB’s special funds and investment program database.
• Support the identification and management of and collaboration with internal and external partners, including by planning and organizing conferences, seminars and meetings.
• Perform other assignments and projects as required.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in public policy, economics, development studies, business, finance, or related fields.
• 2-3 years (for Bachelor’s degree holders), or 1-2 years (for Master’s degree holders) of relevant working experience and demonstrated technical competence in a global financial institution, professional service/consulting firm or multinational company. Experience in infrastructure financing will be an advantage.
• Experience in planning, data analysis and reporting. Strong analytical and data organization and interpretation skills.
• Proven ability to think strategically and provide problem-solving advice on business issues based on data analysis and insights.
• Proficient oral and written communication skills in English.
• Familiarity with the work and operations of multilateral development banks would be an advantage.
• Experience in defining business requirements for IT systems implementation would be an advantage.
• Proven ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
AIIB is committed to diversity, transparency and inclusion. We believe our strength comes from having a team with the right diverse skills, experiences and abilities selected through a merit-based competitive process. We actively encourage applications from people from both within and outside AIIB members, regardless of nationality, religion, gender, race, disability or sexual orientation.
Previous experience and qualifications will determine the grade and job title at which successful applicants will enter AIIB.
Join us and help create a prosperous and sustainable Asia while growing your career in a diverse and innovative environment.