Department: 2024 Graduate Program, Corporate Stream
Job Type: Global Recruitment
Important Notice to Candidates: Early Submission for the 2024 Graduate Program
We appreciate your interest in the 2024 Graduate Program, and we welcome early submissions of expressions of interest. However, we want to provide clarity regarding the application process. Please take note of the following information:
- Assessment and Interview Schedule: Kindly be aware that our assessment and interview process for the 2024 Graduate Program will commence in February/March 2024.
We encourage you to refer to the annual recruitment process timeline outlined below for a more detailed overview:
- Acceptance of Applications: December 2023 to February 2024
- Application Deadline: Mid February 2024
- Selection Process: End-February to April
- Offer to Successful Candidates: April onwards
- Program Start / Onboarding: September 2024
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) is a multilateral development bank whose mission is financing the Infrastructure for Tomorrow—infrastructure with sustainability at its core. We began operations in Beijing in January 2016 and have since grown to 106 approved members worldwide. We are capitalized up to USD100 billion and Triple-A-rated by the major international credit rating agencies. Working with partners, AIIB meets clients’ needs by unlocking new capital and investing in infrastructure that is green, technology-enabled and promotes regional connectivity.
This position will be under the Corporate Stream. The Analysts will rotate within the Communications Department and other related business functions to develop skills in stakeholder management, protocol, and development communications.
About the role:
The role of the Communications Department is to build stakeholder trust by creating breakthrough communications that show how AIIB empowers people through infrastructure. The Communications Department helps AIIB effectively tell its story. Whether through official communications for use by and within the Bank or informing external audiences about what AIIB does and why, the Communications Department provides strategic advice and support on how to craft messages, get media coverage, share on social media and build awareness with AIIB’s stakeholders.
The Communications Analyst, working as part of an international team of expert communicators, will support the department in the implementation of impactful communication campaigns. This is an exciting opportunity for an early career and highly driven communications professional who wants to make a difference and play an active role in helping create a prosperous and sustainable Asia.
- Contribute to the drafting, editing and preparation of communications outreach materials for various communication channels and key stakeholders (e.g., media, members/clients, CSOs/NGOs, etc.).
- Manage media databases, monitor media coverage, measure and analyze outcomes resulting from AIIB campaigns and initiatives for internal reporting.
- Manage content calendars for digital-led campaigns and coordinate with creative partners and internal clients to ensure timely delivery of work.
- Support the implementation of communications strategies and campaigns, ensuring consistency in AIIB messaging across all Bank-wide events and in-market activities.
- Support key communications initiatives for internal clients that focus on enhancing brand profiling and positioning (i.e., related to external partnerships, awards/recognition platforms, etc).
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in communications, journalism, political science, economics/finance, international relations, public affairs, marketing, or other related fields.
- 2-3 years of relevant working experience (with a Bachelor’s degree) or 1-2 years of relevant working experience (with a Master’s degree), preferably in a content development role in the public or private sector.
- Strong project management skills and ability to work independently; thrives on bringing creativity and new thinking to the job.
- Strategic and results-focused thinker.
- Keen understanding of how content creation and dissemination contribute to organizational goals.
- Strong teamwork and collaboration, able to see the opportunity and take initiative to put a plan into action.
- Proficient oral and written communication skills in English, knowledge of a language(s) of a country in which AIIB invests would be an advantage.
AIIB is committed to diversity, transparency and inclusion. We believe our strength comes from having a team with the right diverse skills, experiences and abilities selected through a merit-based competitive process. We actively encourage applications from people from both within and outside AIIB members, regardless of nationality, religion, gender, race, disability or sexual orientation.
Previous experience and qualifications will determine the grade and job title at which successful applicants will enter AIIB.
Join us and help create a prosperous and sustainable Asia while growing your career in a diverse and innovative environment.