Administrative Assistant - Programme (G6)
|Division:||International Data Centre Division|
|Section:||Office of the Director, IDC|
|Type of Appointment:||Fixed Term Appointment|
|Date of Issuance:||08/09/2023|
|Deadline for Applications:||08/10/2023|
|Reporting Date:||As soon as possible|
Please note that all candidates should adhere to CTBTO Values of Integrity, Professionalism and Respect for Diversity.
Qualified female applicants and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
A roster of suitable candidates may be established for similar positions at the same level as a result of this selection process for a period of two (2) years.
The Preparatory Commission for the Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty Organization with its headquarters in Vienna is the international organization setting up the global verification system foreseen under the Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty (CTBT), which is the treaty banning any nuclear-weapon-test explosion or any other nuclear explosion. The Treaty provides for a global verification regime, including a network of 337 stations worldwide, a communications system, an international data centre and on-site inspections to monitor compliance.
This position is located in the Office of the Director, International Data Centre Division (IDC).
Under the supervision of the Director, International Data Centre Division, to:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide support on administrative matters to the Director, Section Chiefs and Unit Heads including to plan, coordinate and track programmatic planning, risk management, procurement actions, especially for the re-engineering and software-related actions. Support the Project Office in planning resources (financial and human) needed for programmatic delivery and regular progress monitoring.
- In close coordination with the Project and Planning Office, review and validate travel documents for conformity with rules and budget; monitor procurement and contracts implementation; liaise with the Division’s Sections on addressing any discrepancies or missing information and undertake necessary action; review training requests taking into account funds available, and process approved training requests.
- Monitor and report on the status of programme implementation, key performance indicators (KPIs) and progress reports preparation (periodic progress reports, donor reports, Programme Budget Performance Report PBPR) and coordinate associated activities and processes for the Division;
- Support Division’s Results Based Management implementation, and provide guidance in the use of the COMPASS system, progress monitoring and training as needed;
- Serve as one of the Division’s focal points for SAP related programmatic and contractual matters by providing first-level support to solving problems and train staff in the use of the system;
- Handle a wide variety of administrative support activities related to IDC Progressive Commissioning, especially for the enhancement of the IDC Validation and Acceptance Test Plan.
- Compile, analyse and present data from various sources in support of an informed decision-making process in the Division; exercise quality control of various documents and correspondence.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Completed secondary education; specialized training in business administration or related field is recommended; education beyond high school in a related field would be an asset.
Work Experience and Qualifications
- At least seven years relevant working experience in the area of administration with knowledge of results-based management, financial planning and control, preferably part of which should have been in an international environment;
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office and other computer applications is essential;
- Previous experience using Enterprise Resource Planning systems (preferably SAP) in the areas of finance, procurement, or human resources is essential;
- Thoroughness and attention to detail is essential.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English are essential;
- Knowledge of other official CTBTO languages (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian and Spanish) is desirable.
- Professionalism - Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations;
- Communication - Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, correctly interprets messages from other and responds appropriately; asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailors language, tone, style and format to match the audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed;
- Planning and organizing - Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary;
- Teamwork - Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organisational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others' ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; builds consensus for task purpose and direction with team members; supports and acts in accordance with final group decisions, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings;
- Accountability - Takes ownership of all responsibilities and honors commitments; delivers outputs for which one has responsibility within prescribed time, cost and quality standards; operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules; supports subordinates, provides oversight and takes responsibility for delegated assignments; takes personal responsibility for his/her own shortcomings and those of the work unit, where applicable;
- Creativity - Actively seeks to improve programmes or services; offers new and different options to solve problems or meet client needs; promotes and persuades others to consider new ideas; takes calculated risks on new and unusual ideas; thinks “outside the box”; takes an interest in new ideas and new ways of doing things; is not bound by current thinking or traditional approaches;
- Client orientation – Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view; establishes and maintains productive relationships with clients by gaining their trust and respect; identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions; monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems; keeps clients informed of progress and setbacks in projects; meets timeline for delivery of products or services to clients;
- Commitment to continuous learning - Keeps abreast of new developments in own occupation/profession; actively seeks to develop oneself professionally and personally; contributes to the learning of colleagues and subordinates; shows willingness to learn from others; seeks feedback to learn and improve;
- Technological Awareness - Keeps abreast of available technology; understands applicability and limitations of technology to the work of the office; actively seeks to apply technology to appropriate tasks, shows willingness to learn new technology.
CTBTO offers an attractive compensation and benefits package in accordance with the policies of the International Civil Service Commission. For more information on UN salaries, allowances and benefits, see link: http://www.un.org/Depts/OHRM/salaries_allowances/salary.htm). The salary offered may be subject to deductions to the United Nations Joint Staff Pension Fund and/or Health Insurance Scheme.
- This position is for local recruitment only. Only candidates holding a valid residence and work permit in Austria will be considered eligible.
- All applications must be submitted through the CTBTO e-Recruitment system before the deadline stated in the vacancy announcement.
- Incomplete applications and submission of employment history in formats other than the CTBTO Employment Information Form will not be considered
- The CTBTO Preparatory Commission retains the discretion not to make any appointment to this vacancy; to make an appointment at a lower grade in particular if the candidate has less than the qualifications required; to make an appointment with a modified job description, or to offer a contract term for a shorter duration than indicated in the vacancy announcement.
- Please note that the CTBTO will only consider academic credentials or degrees obtained from an educational institution recognized in the IAU/UNESCO list.
- The CTBTO reserves the right to undertake correspondence only with shortlisted candidates.
- Candidates under serious consideration for selection will be subject to a reference-checking process.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: