Associate Director, Regional Financial Support, Asia Pacific Regional Office (APRO)
Dhaka | Phnom Penh | Beijing | Yangon | Port Moresby | Dushanbe | Bangkok | Hanoi
FHI 360 is a non-profit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology; creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Associate Director, Regional Financial Support, Asia Pacific Regional Office (APRO). The position will be based in one of FHI 360 APRO country offices.
JOB TITLE: Associate Director, Regional Financial Support, Asia Pacific Regional Office (APRO)
REPORTS TO: Director, Regional Financial and Operations Support, APRO
Responsible for ensuring high quality support and capacity building to project and country finance teams in the Asia Pacific Region so that these teams can function efficiently, effectively and in compliance with FHI 360 and funder rules and regulations.
To ensure that country and project finance teams supervised by APRO function smoothly and in compliance with the relevant rules and regulations (FHI 360, funder and local/ international applicable laws, standards, policies and procedures); perform the work efficiently and effectively in a timely manner; coordinate with internal units/departments and external parties (suppliers, auditors, etc.).
DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage and supervise the regional country financial support team and regional office payment team.
- Ensure adherence to funder and FHI 360 standards; accuracy and timeliness of financial reporting; collaboration with relevant APRO and HQ teams; and, high quality efficient financial operations in the regional and country offices in Asia Pacific.
- Provide direct oversight and support for financial functions to Asia Pacific country offices as needed and requested by the Director, Regional Financial and Operations Support.
- Lead the recruitment, training, capacity development and evaluation of APRO finance personnel.
- Provide technical oversight and input into performance review for finance leads in the country/project offices.
- Oversee the structure and work distribution and activities of the APRO country financial support and payment teams.
- Troubleshoot problems across the region and work closely with the APRO Program Management Unit and Senior Management Team for solutions.
- Coordinate with FHI 360 operational units as needed to align best practices and ensure close collaboration across the organization.
- Coordinate with FHI 360 corporate finance and office of compliance and audit to ensure high quality management responses for internal and external financial audits, for APRO and country offices.
- Review and analyze monthly APRO managed projects financial reports to track revenue expenditures and participate in HQ (quarterly) financial reviews.
- Provide recommendations to the senior management team on financial and compliance issues in the regional and country offices.
- Develop and implement process improvement plans to ensure robust financial controls and sound operational procedures.
- Provide financial reporting for annual budget planning, audit reviews and assessments.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant rules and regulations which includes but is not limited to Generally Accepted Accounting Procedures (GAAP), GAS (Government Auditing Standards), Cost Accounting Standards (CAS), Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and CFR200.
- Regularly review and improve efficiency of business processes and procedures relevant to finance.
- Ensure effective collaboration among finance teams, program management unit teams and technical staff, including participation in routine project quality and progress reviews.
- Assist the Director, Regional Financial and Operations Support in strategic planning for financial management risk and control for the Asia Pacific regional portfolio.
- Other duties as assigned by Director, Regional Financial and Operations Support
- Provide strategic leadership to the finance staff in the regional or country offices.
- Work with multiple country finance departments.
- Engage in the more critical and confidential aspects of financial analysis.
- Provide final decision making on projects and problems that may cross functional
- Develop, in coordination with HQ and the Director, Regional Financial and Operations Support, policies, systems, special financial studies, etc. of major importance.
- Work with confidential data, which if disclosed, might have significant internal and / or external effect.
- Manage a highly matrixed portfolio with many internal stakeholders across program, technical and finance functions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, ABILITIES, EXPERTISE AND COMPLEXITY:
- Thorough and demonstrated knowledge of accounting principles and financial systems.
- Ability to maintain accurate and complete financial and accounting records.
- Ability to work with and support scientific / technical personnel who may have little or no knowledge of fiscal control procedures and practices.
- Ability to understand, interpret, apply and make sound, independent judgments within established regulations and procedures.
- Advanced proficiency in computer software in particular MS word, Excel and Access.
- Good command of spoken and written English.
- Ability to travel internationally.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration or Finance and at least ten years of combined accounting / budgeting management experience, or Master degree and at least seven years’ experience
- Experience must reflect knowledge, skills, and abilities listed above.
- Experience with international NGO preferred.
** Or an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience sufficient to successfully perform the key responsibilities of the job.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360's Career Portal.
To apply for this position, please register and upload your cover letter and resume by clicking HERE.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: