Market Development Officer for Latvia and Lithuania
Latvia | Lithuania
FSC works to take care of our forests and those who rely on them: by protecting plant and animal species, forest workers’ safety, and much more. We achieve this through FSC certification, ensuring forests around the world are responsibly managed. For more information on FSC, visit our website at www.fsc.org.
To effectively meet the challenge of protecting the world’s forests, we are committed to ensuring we have the world’s most skilled people working with us. This commitment extends to everyone that works in FSC around the world: from those that lead the design of policies and standards, to those that roll out those same policies and standards on the ground, and to those that provide us with backbone to do our work.
We are looking for an engaged Market Development Officer for Latvia and Lithuania who brings solid expertise and a passion for FSC’s mission, to work with us in a multinational environment.
The Market Development Officer will develop FSC certification in Latvia and Lithuania by enhancing the promotion of FSC certification.
Main Roles and Responsibilities
To grow FSC engagement within Latvia and Lithuania across market visibility through Chain of Custody management and communications.
- Develop knowledge and expertise in the FSC policies for Chain of Custody and be a key contact for stakeholders in need of advice or guidance.
- Promoting FSC consultations and encouraging stakeholder input.
- Coordinate and work closely with the National Representative for Latvia and Lithuania in identifying key priority industries and companies as opportunities for certification.
- Build relationships with a wide range of industry stakeholders, including timber associations, certificate holders, certification bodies, ensuring appropriate support is provided.
- Represent FSC in Latvia & Lithuania to relevant market stakeholders.
- Attend and represent FSC at trade fairs, training courses and meetings/events as required.
- Lead on development of certificate holder and promotional license holder mail-outs with support from National Representative.
- Translate and update selected FSC documents, websites, articles and stories into Latvian and Lithuanian languages.
- Lead the creation of a variety of engaging written communications and visual content, ensuring quality, accuracy, and compelling storytelling that aligns with corporate messaging.
- Liaise and build relationships with colleagues across the region involved in market development and communications.
Qualification, Experience and Skills
Working Education and Training:
- University degree or equivalent training or experience in Business, Marketing, Communication, or Forestry Sciences
Working Experience, Style and Skills:
- At least 2 years of professional experience in work related to the roles and responsibilities of this position.
- Good time management skills: Ability to perform well while handling simultaneous functions.
- Solution oriented attitude to work.
- Service oriented attitude to work.
- A strong sense for diligence and accuracy.
- Ability to plan and organize work independently.
- Latvian as mother tongue or professional knowledge
- Lithuanian as mother tongue or professional knowledge
- Fluency in English (spoken and written)
Computer Skills – good skills in the use of/experience with:
- Standard software packages (MS Office)
- Content Management Systems (webpage, social media platforms management required)
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills.
- Active-listening skills.
- Driver’s licence and private car availability.
Terms and Conditions
- Location: Latvia, home office
- Duration of Employment: Temporary contract – two years (with the possibility of extension)
- Working Hours: Full time - 40 hours per week
- Starting Date: 01 Dec 2023
- Travel: Sporadic travel is required within Latvia, Lithuania and Germany
How to Apply
- Please apply via our website by submitting your CV in English
- Please do not send any photos of yourself.
- The deadline for applications is 08 October 2023
We will confirm receipt of your application. However, only candidates shortlisted for an interview will be further contacted and will receive notice of the outcome of the selection process. Should you not receive a confirmation of receipt please check your spam filter and if you cannot find it there contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For FSC, inclusiveness and diversity are important values. As such, we welcome and encourage applications from all backgrounds and are entirely committed to consider all qualified applicants regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age and disability.
Please be informed, that by applying for this position you automatically accept our Data Protection Information on processing your personal data.
We are looking forward to your application!
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: