Senior Officer, Administration
Closing on: October 03, 2023 at 11:59pm (China Standard Time)
Based in: Shanghai, China
Target Market: Global recruitment
Reporting to Chief, Protocol and Corporate Service of Administration, this position will be responsible for supporting implementation and administration of protocol, privileges and immunities according to the Headquarters Agreement and MOU between the New Development Bank (‘NDB’ or the ‘Bank’) and the host Country and City, including relocation ID and visa, business visa, diplomatic custom clearance, pouch, motor vehicle, driving license as well as property purchasing, car plate application and Shanghai residence permit for Chinese staff. Meanwhile, this position will also be responsible for corporate services, managing or organizing events, settling the payment of corporate services, and keeping good government relations with stakeholders such as Embassies and Consulates General of relevant countries.
Specific responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Support relocation of new onboarding staff for entry visa, ID application, resident visa, and business visa applications to other countries of the Bank Staff as a liaison communicating with staff.
- Follow the general visa requirements adjustment of those countries where our staff frequently visit, and liaise with visa agent of the Bank and visa centers/offices of diplomatic/consular missions of foreign countries in China.
- Collect necessary documents needed for visa application and send documents to the visa centers/offices when necessary and help or guide staff make appointment or interview for visa applications when necessary.
- Serve as the first contact person for all customs clearance issues and diplomatic bag management. Help staff clear relocation items from customs including importing motor vehicles.
- Support the clearance, examination, registration, insurance, driving permit of motor vehicles of the Bank or staff, and maintain the information in the system of MFA of China for all the diplomatic motor vehicles belonging to the Bank or staff.
- Support the property purchasing, car plate application and Shanghai residence permit of the Chinese staff and other MOU implementation related issues.
- Assist in protocol support of the internal and external stakeholders of the Bank, as and when required.
- Other tasks assigned by Admin DG or line manager from time to time.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in administration activities and in diplomatic missions like Embassies, Consulates or International Organizations.
- Hands-on experience in one or more areas of travel, facilities and administration services, etc.
- Proven ability and experience in communications in English (verbal and written).
- Ability to work with individuals from different cultural backgrounds fostering a climate of teamwork and collaboration.
- Good working knowledge of procedures, formats and standards relevant to the performance of responsibilities.
- Proven experience in working under tight deadlines.
- Problem-solving, communication, conflict management and interpersonal skills with high resilience and drive in achieving objectives and goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field.
The Senior Officer is a Support Staff role in New Development Bank, for which the Bank is inviting applications from the qualified candidates who are the residents of the country of operations or duty country stations (China for NDB’s Headquarters in Shanghai) or other nationals of the Bank’s member countries who are residing in the country of operations, where global mobility and global/international experience is not essential.
The Support Staff may not be entitled to some benefits and allowances listed in the section “What We Offer” on the NDB career website that provided to the Professional Staff.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: