113981 - Junior Project Clerk for Impact Investing for Innovative Financing Lab - Short Term PSA - (For Indonesian Nationality Only)
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
UNDP is the leading United Nations organization fighting to end the injustice of poverty, inequality, and climate change. Working with our broad network of experts and partners in 170 countries, we help nations to build integrated, lasting solutions for people and planet. Learn more at undp.org or follow at @UNDP.
The world is currently facing an annual USD 2.5 trillion deficit in financing and addressing the Sustainable Development Goals. This deficit is made worse by the COVID-19 pandemic, hindering progress towards the goals and reversing progress towards alleviation of poverty. Furthermore, it is evident that response to crises across nations is not equal, where raising funds necessary to respond or recover within domestic and international markets is sometimes not feasible. The data regarding external financing to developing countries could have dropped an estimated USD 700 billion in 2020.
Achieving the 2030 Agenda requires collaborative public-private partnership, recognizes the importance of inclusive economic growth, entrepreneurship, innovation, green economic recovery and sustainable development to occur hand in hand. Small and medium enterprises (SMEs) play a key role in sustainability, innovation, inclusive economic growth and growing public-private partnerships to address the SDGs. In Indonesia, SMEs and MSMEs accounts for 97% of workforce absorption and is the backbone of the economy. However, only 12% have access to financing or bank loans.
Under the Innovative Financing Lab, UNDP Indonesia has made considerable efforts to build capacity of social enterprises towards not only business scaling but also through impact measurement and management (IMM) to focus towards achieving the SDGs. Accelerator programs such as Impact Aim, She Disrupts, and Blue Finance Accelerator, under collaboration with partners, have supported and impacted more than 30 social enterprises to achieve inclusive and sustainable growth. Likewise, UNDP Indonesia through the ASSIST Joint Programme, is supporting the IMM of Indonesia Impact Fund – Indonesia’s first private equity fund targeting impact and the SDGs.
UNDP Indonesia aims to continue expanding activities aimed to support social enterprises, entrepreneurship, innovation, and inclusive sustainability and is currently seeking a Junior Project Clerk to support the growing Social Impact Investing Window. The candidate is also expected to support data collection and analysis, proper project administration and reporting, supporting on capacity building and knowledge sharing activities of the workstream.
Duties and Responsibilities
SCOPE OF WORK
A. Support the team to ensure effective project planning and implementation focusing on achievement of the following results
- Provides assistance in overall project implementation, including compilation, summarization and presentation of basic information/data related to innovative finance, impact investing, venture development, accelerators, SMEs/startups, entrepreneurship and related topics
- Support in development and documentation all project documents, including presentations, report, concept notes, pitch decks, terms of references, etc
- Implement project standard operating procedures in line with the government and UNDP’s regulations;
B. Support to the effective reporting on progress of project implementation
- Support in preparing compiled data for annual workplan and project reporting to donors annually, in line with the monitoring and reporting guidelines;
- Support impact investing team in providing information/inputs on progress of project activities to key stakeholders (if necessary), in form of decks, info brief, presentation materials, etc
C. Provides administrative support to the unit focusing on achievement of the following results
- Provision of support in organization of meetings/workshops/training, including preparation of meeting documents, such as ToRs, draft invitation letter and agenda, as well as development of meeting notes and follow-up actions.
- Provide support in maintaining project’s database, including stakeholders database, IVA alumni database, as well as project documents.
- Effective implementation of operations policies for gender sensitive approach at the project level
- Support Bahasa Indonesia/English translation of relevant documents
D. Effective support for partnerships, communication and support to the implementation of resource mobilization
- Support in updating database from development partners private sector, civil society and other stakeholders who are counterparts for the project.
- Support event planning and implementation hosted by the unit and in liaison with both UNDP internal and external stakeholders.
- In coordination with UNDP’s Communication unit and other relevant counterpart communications department, support in the documentation of project activities as well as the development of relevant/ necessary communication materials, as a tool to effectively communicate results, deepen stakeholder/ public knowledge and buy-in to the project, and resource mobilization for the project.
- Effective administrative support for data collection for gender analysis and gender mainstreaming at project level.
E. Support knowledge building and knowledge sharing focusing on achievement of the following results
- Participation in the trainings for the operations/projects staff.
- Contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Ensure active participation for learning and knowledge sharing in gender analysis and gender mainstreaming.
- Support in developing as well as updating recent knowledge products, particularly those in relation to Innovative Financing Lab’s work on Social Impact Investing.
F. The incumbent of the position should avoid any kind of discriminatory behavior including gender discrimination and ensure that
- Human rights and gender equality is prioritized as an ethical principle within all actions.
- Activities are designed and implemented in accordance with “Social and Environmental Standards of UNDP”.
- Any kind of diversities based on ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, disability, religion, class, gender are respected within all implementations including data production.
- Differentiated needs of women and men are considered.
- Inclusive approach is reflected within all actions and implementations, in that sense an enabling and accessible setup in various senses such as disability gender language barrier is created.
- Necessary arrangements to provide gender parity within all committees, meetings, trainings etc. introduced.
The Impact Investing Junior Project Clerk will work under the overall guidance of NPM and the supervision of the Technical Coordinator for Impact Investing. To support the PMU, the Project Clerk will be responsible to assist in the coordination, development, and delivery of projects/programmes to support project implementation, including data management and partner communications, in order for the Social Impact Investing stream to achieve the highest quality and standards to relevant stakeholders and partners. The Project Clerk will assist on the day-to-day project implementation of the Social Impact Investing and Impact Accelerator activities.
- Achieve Results: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline
- Think Innovatively: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements
- Learn Continuously: Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback
- Adapt with Agility: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible
- Act with Determination: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident
- Engage and Partner: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships
- Enable Diversity and Inclusion: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination
CROSS-FUNCTIONAL AND TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES
- Working with Evidence and Data: Ability to inspect, cleanse, transform and model data with the goal of discovering useful information, informing conclusions and supporting decision-making
- Communication: Ability to communicate in a clear, concise and unambiguous messages and choose communication methods depending on the audience; Ability to manage communications internally and externally, through media, social media and other appropriate channels
- Documents and Records Management: Overall document (hard or electronic) management; registry and retention policy including storing and archiving
- Relationship Management: Ability to engage with a wide range of public and private partners, build, sustain and/or strengthen working relations, trust and mutual understanding
- Gender: Gender mainstreaming
- SDG Finance: Social Impact Investment; Responsive Investment and Impact Measurement
Required Skills and Experience
- High school would be minimum requirement or
- Bachelor degree in Economics, Finance, Management, International relation, or other relevant subjects in Social Sciences, but it is not requirement
- Minimum three years of professional experience in administrative and financial support for candidate with high school degree or no experience for candidate with Bachelor Degree
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN’s values and ethical standards.
- Displays culture, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent team-work skills
- Strong motivation and proactivity
Additional Skills and Competencies:
- Experience in working with UN agencies, development partners, government on programming in relation to sustainable development, SDGs, and innovative finance would be desirable
- Experience in managing online meeting platforms, documentation of paperwork database, photos, and archiving system.
- Experience working with Government and UN/UNDP procedures would be desirable.
- Experience in collecting and summarizing administration report
- Knowledge and experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc).
- Ability to write and speak in Bahasa Indonesia and English is required.
APPLICANTS MUST COMPLETE THE P11 FORM AND SUBMIT IT AS PART OF THEIR APPLICATION. Click here to download the form: - https://bit.ly/3R8T1mv
UN is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups, and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UN Indonesia reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UN Indonesia at the same grade level and with similar job descriptions, experience, and education requirements.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: