Deputy Chief Of Party - Programs, USAID/OTI Ethiopia Support Program
Dexis is a professional services firm that solves the most pressing social challenges in complex environments, paving the way for a more secure and prosperous world.
Dexis embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion and strives to build and maintain a safe environment where we celebrate diverse backgrounds, treat everyone with respect, and value the unique lived experiences each person brings based on their race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, military or veteran status, national origin, age, marital status or family status and related conditions.
At Dexis, you will experience a corporate culture of inclusiveness, fairness, and trust. You will be given the means and mentorship needed to succeed, and your creativity will be rewarded.
About the Position
Dexis Consulting Group (Dexis) is seeking a Deputy Chief of Party – Programs (DCOP-P) to support USAID’s Office of Transition Initiatives (USAID/OTI) Ethiopia Support Program (ESP) ending February 2025. ESP aims to deliver fast and adaptable programming which supports consensus building and civil society to enhance citizen engagement in the governance processes and community-based reintegration in conflict-affected communities.
The Deputy Chief of Party-Programs (DCOP-P) will report to the Chief of Party (COP) and provide technical oversight for ESP. This is a full-time position based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, with an immediate start date. It will require frequent travel to field locations.
- Working closely with PDOs, the MEL team, and operations, to oversee the development, design, and implementation of small grant activities through the Transition Activities Pool (TAP).
- Work closely with the Chief of Party to support the technical oversight of the program including program performance management events, strategy documents, and other key milestones;
- Maintain accountability and ensure integration of feedback loops for the successful implementation of grants activities;
- Liaise with a broad range of stakeholders, maintaining professional relationships and forming new ones that support program implementation and a contextual understanding of the operational environment;
- Develop and conduct technical trainings, learning sessions, and on-the-job refreshers; and
- Identify and implement process and technical improvements to the activity cycle.
- Manage the Regional Program Managers and oversee their portfolios including coaching and mentoring;
- Work closely with operations to ensure smooth implementation of the activity cycle;
- Support Task Order close-out efforts;
- Represent ESP and Dexis in meetings with key stakeholders and beneficiaries as requested by the COP; and
- Other duties as assigned on an ad hoc basis by the COP.
- Based on the specific contract, the candidate in this role will need a minimum of seven (7) years of relevant, progressively responsible management experience;
- Implementation experience managing small grants focused on transitional governance, conflict, and community rehabilitation and resilience activities;
- Small grant implementation experience; and
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Master’s degree, or higher, in international relations, development, economics, business administration, public administration, agriculture, or a related field;
- USAID and OTI project implementation experience; and
- Experience working in Eastern Africa.
Dexis is on a mission to help solve today’s most pressing global political, social, and economic challenges and create a world where all people are safe and prosperous. As a Dexis employee, you will be challenged, empowered, and mentored. Our motto is “find a way or make a way” — that’s how Dexis goes “all in.” How will you?
If you are passionate about this opportunity, apply now!
Only those applicants who meet the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
Dexis is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, pregnancy, disability, age, genetic information, military service, veteran status, ethnicity, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, childbirth and related medical conditions, including lactation, or any other protected class under applicable law.
If you are hired for a position that is paid from the Dexis home office, you will be required to submit proof that you have received the COVID-19 vaccine unless you qualify for a legally recognized medical or religious exception to the vaccine requirement. This does not apply to AL, AZ, FL, KS, MT, NH, ND, or TX residents.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: