Director General, Treasury and Portfolio Management
Closing on: October 03, 2023 at 11:59pm (China Standard Time)
Based in: Shanghai, China
Target Market: Global recruitment
Reporting to the Vice-President and Chief Financial Officer, this position is responsible for providing treasury services, including fund raising, investments, hedging and cash management activities, while maintaining the Bank’s international credit rating in-line with internal policies and objectives. The incumbent will be responsible for raising funds from domestic and international capital markets in both hard currencies as well as local currencies.
In addition, the incumbent is responsible for managing the investment portfolio of the Bank, with the objective of maintaining adequate high quality liquid assets to fund the Bank’s projected outflows, while concurrently optimizing the income generated from the investments. He/She is responsible for identify various sources of investments like money market placements, fixed income instruments, money market funds, equity and currency.
Specific responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Develop and implement the fund raising strategy of the Bank.
- Manage investor relations, diversifying the Bank’s investor base in the global and local debt capital markets (including central banks, official institutions, sovereign wealth funds, asset managers, commercial banks).
- Manage and coordinate interactions with international and local credit rating agencies ensuring the maintenance of the Bank’s credit ratings.
- Lead the refinement and update of the multi-year financial model of the Bank that aims to ensure financial sustainability.
- Develop and strengthen relationships with stakeholders (including other multilateral development banks) to enhance knowledge on policies and related techniques used in treasury management.
- Conduct resource mobilization activities in areas under the scope and expertise of the Department.
- Develop and implement the treasury investments strategy, creating a well diversified portfolio with multiple instruments and characteristics.
- Manage the treasury investments portfolio in a profitable way, consistent with the risk appetite of the Bank.
- Manage, project, and analyse the Bank's short-term cash requirements in support of operational cash management, funding, and/or investment activities in support of ongoing evaluations of Bank's liquidity strategy.
- Implement appropriate carry management approaches for hard currencies and local currencies.
- Perform asset liability management, ensuring adequate availability of liquid resources to meet the bank’s outflow needs.
- Seek opportunities, negotiate, price and execute the Bank's borrowing and liability management transactions including repurchases in the open market and derivative transactions.
- Implement hedging strategies in accordance with the approved policy and risk management framework.
- Manage the treasury infrastructure (including correspondent accounts, ISDA agreements, GMRA agreements).
- Manage the Sovereign Loan pricing which includes estimation of the cost of funding, liquidity and market risk premium and the provide pricing for sovereign transactions.
- Review and approve terms of the loans and specifically those area’s relating to the Treasury but also including aspects relating to any market linked variable in loan term-sheets and loan agreements.
- Other duties and responsibilities assigned from time to time.
- Minimum of 15 years of relevant professional experience, culminating in a leadership role and position of influence, in a multilateral development bank or equivalent or regulated private sector financial institution in the Treasury function, managing funds in various interest rate cycles.
- In-depth knowledge and experience of debt and equity capital markets, fixed income, currency, asset liability management, accounting for hedging, derivatives and treasury related accounting standards procedures and policies.
- Substantial knowledge of liquidity and risk management practices including capital risk allotment models.
- Prior experience in fund raising through bond issuance, both domestic and global.
- Proven experience of taking calculated risks for high returns will be considered.
- Strong leadership and managerial skills in managing a diverse workforce.
- Exceptional strategic thinking, leading change, problem solving, communication and interpersonal skills with high resilience and drive in achieving objectives and goals.
- Relevant experience in a multi-cultural work environment fostering a climate of team work and collaboration.
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in a relevant professional field from a reputed university or a professionally qualified accountant. Relevant certification/s from globally recognized certification agencies in the related field would be preferred.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: