Senior Portfolio Management Officer
Senior Portfolio Management Officer
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) is a multilateral development bank whose mission is financing the Infrastructure for Tomorrow—infrastructure with sustainability at its core. We began operations in Beijing in January 2016 and have since grown to 106 approved members worldwide. We are capitalized up to USD100 billion and Triple-A-rated by the major international credit rating agencies. Working with partners, AIIB meets clients’ needs by unlocking new capital and investing in infrastructure that is green, technology-enabled, and promotes regional connectivity.
The Implementation Monitoring Department (IMD) is responsible for monitoring the implementation of AIIB-funded projects. It is part of the First Line of Defense with a dual reporting line to both the Vice President, Investment Operations 1 (South Asia, the Pacific Islands and South East Asia) and the Vice President Investment Operations 2 (Pakistan, Afghanistan, Central Asia, East Asia, West Asia, Europe, Africa and Latin America). IMD’s main responsibility includes the following: monitor the entire IO portfolio and provide portfolio reports and data analytics, coordinate the design and implementation of IT systems for IO, manage project implementation monitoring for those projects that have been transferred to IMD, and provide Secretariat services to the Investment Committee.
The Senior Portfolio Management Officer (PMO) will report directly to the Director General (DG) of IMD and lead the Corporate Portfolio Monitoring and Data Analytics (PDA) team that is responsible for the Investment Operations (IO) portfolio monitoring, reporting and data analytics.
The Senior PMO will lead the PDA team and:
- Work closely with internal stakeholders, including but not limited to, the front office of VP IOs; the Investment Operations Departments (IOD); the Strategy, Policy and Budget Department (SPB); the Operational Services Department; the Risk Management Department and the Economics Department to ensure robust portfolio monitoring and reporting systems are in place and well-functioning, and rigorous reporting procedures are developed and maintained for the entire portfolio (covering all IO products and IO projects that have been approved by the Board of Directors or by the President).
- Workclosely with IT Department and other relevant departments in operating and further upgrading the core IT systems for investment operations, i.e., the IMIS and CRM, and managing data inputs and outputs of IO related IT systems.
- Conduct regular and ad-hoc data analytic work on the entire portfolio, and provide analytic reports to senior Management and operational departments.
- Work closely with SPB to assist project teams in developing and implementing robust M&E systems and results frameworks for their projects, including appropriate project objectives, results Indicators, data collection methods and responsibilities, etc., to ensure the results framework for each project can be tracked and monitored at both the project level and at corporate level.
- Support Management in the development and updating of technical guidance and operational procedures that relate to project implementation and compliance oversight, project/portfolio data quality and analytics, and project/portfolio results monitoring and reporting.
- Conduct and support periodic review and reporting on the state of the IO portfolio, that includes portfolio status and composition, portfolio milestones, portfolio performance indicators, project results and development impacts, and key portfolio-wide issues that need management attention, and recommend corrective action plans/measures as necessary, based on these reviews.
- Lead the development of IO project/portfolio focused knowledge products, coordinate IOD/IMD inputs for the corporate reports, including the Annual Reports and the Sustainability Impact Reports, and communicate key lessons learned from project quality assurance and monitoring activities to other parts of the organization.
- Liaise and exchange knowledge with multilateral and bilateral partners and clients to harmonize and improve operational practices related to portfolio monitoring.
- Carry out other duties as assigned by the Director General, IMD
- Minimum of 8-10 years of relevant portfolio monitoring and reporting experience in an international financial institution or comparable organization.
- Minimum of 4 years of operational experience in an international financial institution or comparable organization, preferably with experience in infrastructure financing (both sovereign and nonsovereign).
- Solid understanding of economics and broad knowledge and familiarity with issues in development finance (knowledge of and experience in the infrastructure sector would be a plus)
- Superior written and verbal communication skills in English with demonstrable ability to think strategically and synthesize complex issues (translated into effective oral and written briefs and ability to comprehend and review complex project contracts).
- Ability to collaborate with others in the organization as well as proven ability to function in teams and contribute positively and productively to other team members and to the team's work and output, demonstrating respect for different points of view.
- Ablility to assist in developing elements of learning and knowledge dissemination activities.
- Experience in Asia would be a plus (including the Middle East and Central Asia).
- Master’s degree in public policy, economics, business or finance or equivalent experience.
AIIB is committed to diversity, transparency, and inclusion. We believe our strength comes from having a team with the right diverse skills, experiences and abilities selected through a merit-based competitive process. We actively encourage applications from people from both within and outside AIIB members, regardless of nationality, religion, gender, race, disability, or sexual orientation.
Join in AIIB’s mission to promote sustainable infrastructure investments and to improve social and economic outcomes in Asia and beyond.
Previous experience and qualifications will determine the grade and job title at which successful applicants will enter AIIB.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: