Professional, Finance, Budget and Accounting
Closing on: October 04, 2023 at 11:59pm (China Standard Time)
Based in: Shanghai, China
Target Market: Global recruitment
The position will primarily be responsible for coordination and execution of disbursements, debt service, accounting and reporting, and providing advice, guidance and inputs on NDB policies, guidelines and procedures from the disbursement and accounting perspectives. This role is placed with the Finance, Budget and Accounting Division.
Specific responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Implement loan/grants/equity disbursement, guarantee, debt service and loan/grants/equity accounting procedures in line with the internal controls on accounting transactions.
- Contribute to the improvement of disbursement, guarantee, debt service and loan/grants/equity accounting functions of the Bank.
- Coordinate with related internal stakeholders of the Bank the development of loan/grants/equity disbursement, guarantee, debt service and loan/grants/equity accounting guidelines and procedure.
- Evaluate and provide inputs to the Bank’s operational, risk management and other project related policies to harmonize the Bank’s disbursement, guarantee and loan/grants/equity accounting arrangements and enhance operational effectiveness.
- Provide professional advice on automation of disbursement, debt service and loan/grants/equity accounting procedure and support IT implementation of a computerized loan/grants/equity management and accounting system; participate in its testing and improving.
- Develop professional training module for various stakeholders of the Bank on the execution of disbursement, guarantee and debt service procedures.
- Lead continuous process improvement of the loan management cycle.
- Work in close coordination with the Operation, Treasury and Legal Divisions and Borrowers during and after disbursement of loans.
- Other duties and responsibilities assigned from time to time.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience in handling loan management including disbursements for public and/or private sector clients in a multilateral development bank or equivalent or regulated private sector financial institution.
- Knowledge of financial service sector, infrastructure sector, financial accounting principles, financial reporting standards and their applications within the different member countries is desirable. Prior experience of implementing technology for efficient financial planning/loan disbursement is a pre-requisite.
- Experience of dealing with external stakeholders (Regulators, Auditors, Borrowers, Government Officials) is desirable.
- Knowledge of banking systems and applications.
- Exceptional problem solving, communication and interpersonal skills with high resilience and drive in achieving objectives and goals.
- Ability to plan and coordinate schedules in order to meet deadlines.
- Analytical and systematic with strong numerical skills and attention to detail.
- Relevant experience in a multi-cultural work environment fostering a climate of teamwork and collaboration.
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in a relevant professional field from a reputed university or a professional qualified accountant. Relevant certification/s (e.g. CPA, ACCA, etc.) from globally recognized certification agencies in the related field would be preferred.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: