Driver, at General Service (GS 2) level on Fixed Term Appointment (for Tajik nationals only), PAT#90946
UNICEF Tajikistan is looking for a qualified candidate, who provides reliable and safe driving services for office, demonstrating the highest standards of professionalism.
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, support,
The fundamental mission of UNICEF is to promote the rights of every child, everywhere, in everything the organization does — in programs, in advocacy and in operations. The equity strategy, emphasizing the most disadvantaged and excluded children and families, translates this commitment to children’s rights into action. For UNICEF, equity means that all children have an opportunity to survive, develop and reach their full potential, without discrimination, bias or favoritism. To the degree that any child has an unequal chance in life — in its social, political, economic, civic and cultural dimensions — her or his rights are violated. There is growing evidence that investing in the health, education and protection of a society’s most disadvantaged citizens — addressing inequity — not only will give all children the opportunity to fulfill their potential but also will lead to sustained growth and stability of countries. This is why the focus on equity is so vital. It accelerates progress towards realizing the human rights of all children, which is the universal mandate of UNICEF, as outlined by the Convention on the Rights of the Child, while also supporting the equitable development of nations.
How can you make a difference?
The driver provides reliable and safe driving services, demonstrating the highest standards of professionalism, discretion, integrity, sense of responsibility, and excellent knowledge of protocol whilst ensuring compliance with local driving rules and regulations. Driver demonstrates a client-oriented approach, a high sense of responsibility, courtesy, tact, and the ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
1. Reliable and safe driving services for staff and official
2. Maintenance of assigned vehicle
3. Documentation of vehicle-related information
I. Reliable and safe driving services for staff and officials
- Drives office vehicles for the transport of UN staff, officials, visitors and delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items.
- Meets official personnel and visitors at the airport and may assist with basic visa and customs formalities and arrangements when required.
II. Maintenance of assigned vehicle
- Ensures vehicle is kept in good running condition at all times through addressing minor repairs, making arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, water levels, and car washing.
III. Documentation of vehicle related information.
- Ensures availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle registration, vehicle logs, office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts in the assigned vehicle; keeps track of insurance and other tax formalities.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
Education: A secondary education is required, along with a valid driver’s license and knowledge of local driving rules and regulations.
Experience: A minimum of two years of work experience as a driver in an international organization, embassy or other international agencies with a safe driving record is required.
Language Requirements: Fluency in the Tajik/Russian languages of the duty station as well as good knowledge of English is required.
Other skills required:
• Good knowledge of the city, local roads, and conditions where the office is located
• Knowledge of driving rules and regulations, chauffeur protocol, and courtesies
• Skills in minor vehicle repairs
• Ability to deal patiently and tactfully with visitors
• High sense of confidentiality, initiative, and good judgment
• Ability to work effectively with people of different national and cultural backgrounds
The candidates, who are interested to apply for the position, should follow the electronic application's instructions. It requires the applicant to upload a detailed CV and academic degrees/diplomas and driving licenses. UN candidates should upload at least two latest performance evaluation reports.
For every Child, you demonstrate...
UNICEF’s Core Values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust and Accountability and Sustainability (CRITAS) underpin everything we do and how we do it. Get acquainted with Our Values Charter: UNICEF Values
UNICEF competencies required for this post are…
1. Builds and maintains partnerships
2. Demonstrates self-awareness and ethical awareness
3. Drive to achieve results for impact
4. Innovates and embraces change
5. Manages ambiguity and complexity
6. Thinks and acts strategically
7. Works collaboratively with others.
- Analyzing (1)
- Planning and Organizing (1)
- Following Instructions and Procedures (1)
During the recruitment process, we test candidates following the competency framework. Familiarize yourself with our competency framework and its different levels: competency framework here.
UNICEF is here to serve the world’s most disadvantaged children and our global workforce must reflect the diversity of those children. The UNICEF family is committed to include everyone, irrespective of their race/ethnicity, age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, nationality, socio-economic background, or any other personal characteristic.
We offer a wide range of benefits to our staff, including paid parental leave, breastfeeding breaks and reasonable accommodation for persons with disabilities. UNICEF strongly encourages the use of flexible working arrangements.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF is committed to promote the protection and safeguarding of all children. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
UNICEF appointments are subject to medical clearance. Issuance of a visa by the host country of the duty station, which will be facilitated by UNICEF, is required for IP positions. Appointments are also subject to inoculation (vaccination) requirements, including against SARS-CoV-2 (Covid). Government employees that are considered for employment with UNICEF are normally required to resign from their government before taking up an assignment with UNICEF. UNICEF reserves the right to withdraw an offer of appointment, without compensation, if a visa or medical clearance is not obtained, or necessary inoculation requirements are not met, within a reasonable period for any reason.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: