VAC-10419 Medical Officer - Brak
CTG staff and support humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world, providing a rapid and cost-effective service for development and humanitarian missions. With past performance in 17 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, and Asia, we have placed more than 20,000 staff all over the world since operations began in 2006.
|Overview of position||
- Provide routine and emergency medical consultation to the patients visiting the health facility during duty hours.
- Provide the necessary medical treatment and follow-up for beneficiaries referred to secondary care facilities for treatment and/or investigation.
- Provide necessary counselling to the patients identified with any communicable or non-communicable diseases.
- Ensure timely information sharing to the facility management and clinical supervisor on any diseases of public health concerns identified and support while organizing community-based surveillance activities.
- Assess the health needs of migrants and displaced populations; identify priority causes of ill-health; prepare plans to address these in coordination with the facility management.
- Ensure timely submission of data related to daily consultations and the health activities conducted by IOM in coordination with the Clinical Supervisor.
- Assist in implementing clinical and non-clinical activities to ensure continuous provision of quality health services to IDPs, migrants and host communities.
- Ensure that quality control/quality assurance procedures are adopted and followed while providing medical care to beneficiaries up to the national and IOM global standards.
- Assist in managing urgent medical cases in coordination with public health referral hospitals.
- Assist and follow all the cases referred from the field to ensure quality management of medical conditions to the best available services in the area.
- Assist in developing improved systems for regular monitoring and reporting on health project achievements, challenges/early warning systems, and strategic needs.
- Ensure the confidentiality of the medical information of IOM beneficiaries.
- Ensure daily or weekly reporting as requested by the supervisors.
- Coordinate with the MOH staff responsible for recording and reporting for timely submission of health records to the DHIS-2 platform.
- Undertake duty travels as required.
- Undertake other related duties as assigned.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
Values - All staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: Respect and promote individual and cultural differences; encourage diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency maintain high ethical standards and act consistently with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates the ability to work composed, competent and committedly and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges
Core Competencies – Behavioural Indicators level 3
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: Produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action-oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share, and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the organization's priorities and assumes responsibility for own actions and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
- Effective organizational skills and ability to establish priorities and plans, ability to work under pressure and cope with deadlines;
- Good written and spoken communication skills, good interpersonal skills, and ability to work in a
|Disclaimer: At no stage of the recruitment process will CTG ask candidates for a fee. This includes during the application stage, interview, assessment and training.|
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: