Finance/Travel Assistant (G5)
The Support Programme for Ukraine (SPU) has been established in order to continue to support the Ukrainian Government’s reform efforts, provide a platform for continued Ukrainian efforts in implementing OSCE commitments. The SPU is planned to run until July 2025.
This post is financed from the Extra Budgetary SPU project under the OSCE Conflict Prevention Centre (CPC) at the Secretariat (SEC). The post is subject to the availability of funds, as well as an extension of the project duration.
Please note that this post is located in Kyiv, Ukraine.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Finance Associate, the incumbent performs the following duties:
1. Controls and coordinates requests for payments, bank transfers, requests for advance payments, settlements, credit memos and receivables.
2. Submits monthly reports, summaries, consolidated financial data on running and operational costs to Accounts Department.
3. Processes payments and other issues, correspondence related to authorizations for payments, reporting.
4. Records on ORACLE/IRMA financial transaction for ExB Programme, maintains account and monitors/certifies financial availability applicable to projects.
5. Prepares draft finance and budgetary reports for project proposals, midterm income and expenditure reports and other financial reports to donors according to the agreements.
6. Controls and processes monthly VAT reimbursement.
7. Prepares on own initiative and/or upon request all correspondence concerning financial and administrative activities.
1. Acts as a Travel Focal Point for the Programme.
2. Provides assistance to programmatic staff in filling out OTA (Official Travel Authorization) and TC (Travel Claim) forms upon request.
3. Processes POs (Purchase Orders) for tickets and other travel expenses.
4. Makes reservations of hotels and transportation for the staff members and visitors while on official business, upon their written requests.
5. Reports to the Senior Finance Associate on any discrepancies, problems, inefficiencies and misconduct in relation to travel or travel arrangements on timely basis.
6. Uploads Finance and Travel management related data into Doc-in.
7. Prepares, checks for correctness, submits and follows-up on visa applications of the OSCE Staff with appropriate Embassies or Representations in Ukraine.
3. Perform other related duties as required
• completed secondary education supplemented by specialized training in accountancy, bookkeeping or equivalent;
• minimum four years of experience in bookkeeping, accounting, financial operations or comparable work, part of which should preferably have been in an international environment;
• computer literacy with practical experience with Microsoft packages; knowledge of the ERP/ORACLE systems would be an asset;
• excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Ukrainian.
Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deduction, is USD 1,586 as per the relevant OSCE salary scale; the salary payment is effected in EUR. Social benefits will include participation in the Cigna medical insurance scheme and the OSCE Provident Fund.
Please note that appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale.
If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under https://vacancies.osce.org/.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise/re-post the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
Only those candidates who are selected to participate in the subsequent stages of recruitment will be contacted.
Please note that vacancies in the OSCE are open for competition only amongst nationals of participating States, please see https://www.osce.org/participating-states.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the Organization.
Candidates should be aware that OSCE officials shall conduct themselves at all times in a manner befitting the status of an international civil servant. This includes avoiding any action which may adversely reflect on the integrity, independence and impartiality of their position and function as officials of the OSCE. The OSCE is committed to applying the highest ethical standards in carrying out its mandate. For more information on the values set out in OSCE Competency Model, please see https://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/our-competency-model.
Please note that for this position the OSCE does not reimburse expenses such as travel in connection with interviews, tests, visas and relocation.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: